Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) 19:46 - May 20 with 1696 viewsITFCson

I’ve never had any interest in politics and don’t understand most of it. But can someone answer me this please as it leaves me quite puzzled.
Today - and many other days recently I see videos of the PM, Keir Starmer and other political figures basically arguing and making accusations to one another. I don’t see any benefits of all this? Also the constant messages from the government are messages such as we must stick together during this crises. But this is surely the complete opposite of sticking together. Also a favorite quote of Matt Hancock is ‘we are working around the clock’ but I feel his time could surely be more productively put to use then having these debates in parliament?

Maybe I’m being ignorant due to my lack of knowledge, just doesn’t make much sense to me.
What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 19:48 - May 20 with 1679 viewsm14_blue

Parliamentary scrutiny is pretty important in a democracy mate.
What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 20:02 - May 20 with 1642 viewsGlasgowBlue

Holding government to account.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 20:19 - May 20 with 1629 viewsPinewoodblue

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 20:02 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

Holding government to account.

The rational behind PMQ’s seems out dated and very little information is extracted by those who question the PM. On the other hand the individual committees do serve a useful purpose but sadly they get very little airtime, unless you are able to watch live. Jeremy, I’m not bitter, Hunt sparring with Matt Hancock being a fine example.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 20:21 - May 20 with 1624 viewsGuthrum

Think of it like a court case, in which people are cross-examined in front of the jury (us).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 20:28 - May 20 with 1607 viewsjaykay

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 20:19 - May 20 by Pinewoodblue

The rational behind PMQ’s seems out dated and very little information is extracted by those who question the PM. On the other hand the individual committees do serve a useful purpose but sadly they get very little airtime, unless you are able to watch live. Jeremy, I’m not bitter, Hunt sparring with Matt Hancock being a fine example.

i see you got mr. hunt middle name, but missed handcocks. it's" i haven't a clue" glad to be of help

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 20:31 - May 20 with 1601 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 19:48 - May 20 by m14_blue

It is but when you watch any of it you have to question how well we do it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 20:38 - May 20 with 1592 viewsfooters

To show the country what a terrible mistake they've made. Again.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 21:00 - May 20 with 1549 viewsPinewoodblue

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 20:28 - May 20 by jaykay

i see you got mr. hunt middle name, but missed handcocks. it's" i haven't a clue" glad to be of help

Funny enough I nearly put that, but wasn’t convinced he even knows what a clue is.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 23:44 - May 20 with 1480 viewsSarge

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 20:21 - May 20 by Guthrum

Think of it like a court case, in which people are cross-examined in front of the jury (us).

Except the jury has to wait five years to give its verdict, will most likely have forgotten what they decided by then and in any case, wasn’t really listening anyway because la la la I don’t care about the evidence, I’ve always voted guilty before and will do so again.
What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 07:44 - May 21 with 1400 viewsCoastalblue

It's to remind us what self serving weasels look like.

One group sit one side looking smug, the others sit across looking annoyed, then at the end of the day they all head home, collect their salary and work on feathering their nest.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 08:00 - May 21 with 1371 viewsHerbivore

Because without scrutiny all this government offers is bluster and rhetoric, when what we need is meaningful action. See exhibit a of a government more concerned with convincing the public it's doing something than actually doing something: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52748564

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 09:29 - May 21 with 1335 viewsITFCson

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 19:48 - May 20 by m14_blue

Yeah, but could all the finger pointing not wait until this virus is over?
What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 09:32 - May 21 with 1328 viewsHerbivore

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 09:29 - May 21 by ITFCson

So no scrutiny of the government for perhaps a year or more? Sounds like a great idea.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 09:54 - May 21 with 1314 viewsfactual_blue

Welcome to TWTD boris johnson.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 11:51 - May 21 with 1289 viewsEnigma_Blue

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 20:38 - May 20 by footers

To show the country what a terrible mistake they've made. Again.

Well there mustn't be many people who watch it then as they country keeps making the same mistake.
What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 15:04 - May 21 with 1246 viewsjaykay

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 09:29 - May 21 by ITFCson

that would be a bit like us as town supporters waiting for the season to end, before we vented our anger

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

What’s the point of Parliament? (At this time specifically) on 17:06 - May 21 with 1213 viewsSwansea_Blue

This:

No 10 u turn. by NewcyBlue 21 May 2020 16:43
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2020/may/21/uk-coronavirus-live-news-update-covid-test-and-trace-second-wave?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Migrant care workers no longer need to pay the migrant NHS surcharge.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024