Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition 20:05 - May 20 with 7592 viewsElderGrizzly

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 20:07 - May 20 with 3753 viewspointofblue

If the public are so thick they don’t understand they’re still at risk then that’s not totally the Government’s fault. Not that they should have lifted lockdown.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 20:14 - May 20 with 3717 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not a good look, but inevitable with the mixed messaging and the various media/social commentator types using patriotic rhetoric to attack the safety messages (from the safety of their own homes).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 20:21 - May 20 with 3671 viewsOldsmoker

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 20:14 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

Not a good look, but inevitable with the mixed messaging and the various media/social commentator types using patriotic rhetoric to attack the safety messages (from the safety of their own homes).

Sarfend has a poor beach compared to the beaches near Swansea + Gower.
How are they faring re visitor numbers?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 20:35 - May 20 with 3628 viewsEly_Blue

It makes me laugh when people try to blame the government for this, even with a stay home message we were seeing scenes like this, if people are so thick and stupid to not realise that this is wrong and just go somewhere else or go back home then they don’t deserve to survive the pandemic let alone get any treatment if they get sick.

Not to mention the shops that appear to be open on some of the footage I saw

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 20:38 - May 20 with 3615 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 20:21 - May 20 by Oldsmoker

Sarfend has a poor beach compared to the beaches near Swansea + Gower.
How are they faring re visitor numbers?

Locked down. Car parks closed off so locals within walking distance only, and only then if you keep moving. Anything else sees you fined (if you’re caught). Strangely it seems to be holding, although things got busier after BoZo muddied the waters with his stay at home/go to work talk last week.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 21:05 - May 20 with 3552 viewsDubtractor

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 20:35 - May 20 by Ely_Blue

It makes me laugh when people try to blame the government for this, even with a stay home message we were seeing scenes like this, if people are so thick and stupid to not realise that this is wrong and just go somewhere else or go back home then they don’t deserve to survive the pandemic let alone get any treatment if they get sick.

You know the public are stupid, I know the public are stupid, and the government bloody certainly know the public are stupid.

With all of this knowledge, surely the government KNEW that this would be the outcome?

The great British public being a bit stupid is hardly a new phenomenon is it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 21:24 - May 20 with 3508 viewssparks

Is this a fair photo or another telephoto lens one which makes things look very much worse than they are?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 21:27 - May 20 with 3492 viewsfooters

The first duty of any government is to protect its people. The Tories have failed this test many times and this is just the latest example. Sloppy messaging coupled with people who are thick as mince = calamity.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 21:40 - May 20 with 3442 viewsThe_Major

Today marks the 63rd day since I started working from home. Nine weeks.

In that nine weeks the only people I've had face to face conversations with who didn't live under the same roof were normally driving a green van with "Asda" written on the side. And although I'd give my right arm to go and see people, I know I can't. And I won't yet, to protect them and myself.

I'm lucky. I've worked throughout this time, my employer, to their credit, has been pretty much faultless in how they've dealt with the situation. I live in a secure house. I'm not at risk, I have regular food deliveries, a mountain of books to read, and several streaming services.

But I'm conscious of the four people I know working on the front line, and putting themselves at risk on a daily basis.

So you must excuse me if I start grinding my teeth when I see those pictures of Scarborough, Southend, Bournemouth, and probably several others. When I saw the interview with a woman saying "I think it's disgusting that all these people are on the beach" whilst sitting on said beach herself with three generations of her family (I suppose they could all live together of course...) I felt like giving up.

At the end of the day, it's all very well saying use your common sense, but we haven't got any! We're thick as mince in this country. Dumb as a box of dirt.

I can see a second wave coming a damn sight sooner than they think. I hope I'm wrong. In the meantime, I'm not going anywhere.

All good things come to those who wait.

Look after yourselves.
It's Southend..... on 21:42 - May 20 with 3422 viewsBloots

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 21:24 - May 20 by sparks

Is this a fair photo or another telephoto lens one which makes things look very much worse than they are?

…..things can't look any worse than they actually are.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 21:56 - May 20 with 3352 viewsm14_blue

So what you’re saying is that people have shown themselves to be unable or unwilling to follow advice, even when it seems pretty clear. Given that, do you think advising those same people to just exercise their ‘common sense’ was a wise move? Or do you think it made scenes like this inevitable?

None of which is to excuse the people acting like idiots. It’s possible to think they should have taken some individual responsibility but also think that waffling, inconsistent guidance from the government is unhelpful, those positions aren’t mutually exclusive.
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:23 - May 20 with 3286 viewsblueprint

Bars were open on Brighton seafront ( for take outs only I would imagine).
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:34 - May 20 with 3270 viewsElderGrizzly

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 21:24 - May 20 by sparks

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:35 - May 20 with 3262 viewsElderGrizzly

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:23 - May 20 by blueprint

Bars were open on Brighton seafront ( for take outs only I would imagine).

They were. Gammon everywhere

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:38 - May 20 with 3245 viewsEly_Blue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 21:05 - May 20 by Dubtractor

You know the public are stupid, I know the public are stupid, and the government bloody certainly know the public are stupid.

With all of this knowledge, surely the government KNEW that this would be the outcome?

Other countries seem to have people that aren’t complete d1ckheads.

Sorry I don’t buy the “it’s the governments fault for giving mixed messages” BS.

People need to take some responsibility for their own actions, end of.

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:41 - May 20 with 3220 viewsEly_Blue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 21:56 - May 20 by m14_blue

So what you’re saying is that people have shown themselves to be unable or unwilling to follow advice, even when it seems pretty clear. Given that, do you think advising those same people to just exercise their ‘common sense’ was a wise move? Or do you think it made scenes like this inevitable?

None of which is to excuse the people acting like idiots. It’s possible to think they should have taken some individual responsibility but also think that waffling, inconsistent guidance from the government is unhelpful, those positions aren’t mutually exclusive.

So what would you like the government to do? Wipe their backsides for them too? These people are the epitome of those who deserve a Darwin Award.
Is it really that difficult to follow this?

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:41 - May 20 with 3219 viewsblueprint

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:35 - May 20 by ElderGrizzly

They were. Gammon everywhere

I’m sure it wasn’t only the “Gammons” using the bars today. The cottage I saw seemed to show lots of 20/30 somethings swanning around with beers.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 22:49]
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:42 - May 20 with 3210 viewsEly_Blue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 21:56 - May 20 by m14_blue

My only question on the whole thing is where are the police in all of this enforcing the legislation?

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:47 - May 20 with 3183 viewsm14_blue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:42 - May 20 by Ely_Blue

My only question on the whole thing is where are the police in all of this enforcing the legislation?

I think it’s very difficult for them to enforce on the new guidelines really, although I’m amazed there wasn’t at least a more visible presence to try and deter some of those idiots.
Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:48 - May 20 with 3184 viewsPendejo

Wasn't just Sarfend...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-52742519

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:49 - May 20 with 3178 viewsbournemouthblue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:42 - May 20 by Ely_Blue

Haven't their powers been cut in Phase 3?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 23:02 - May 20 with 3147 viewsEly_Blue

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:49 - May 20 by bournemouthblue

Haven't their powers been cut in Phase 3?

I know the police can’t enforce 2m social distancing but they have the powers to break up gatherings of more than 2 people outside of 1 household.

Also given that there are so many of these dullards on the beaches who are obviously furloughed you would think that they would have the common sense to put 2+2 about the reasons why they are furloughed and the consequences of their actions?

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 23:09 - May 20 with 3131 viewsfooters

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 23:02 - May 20 by Ely_Blue

I know the police can’t enforce 2m social distancing but they have the powers to break up gatherings of more than 2 people outside of 1 household.

Also given that there are so many of these dullards on the beaches who are obviously furloughed you would think that they would have the common sense to put 2+2 about the reasons why they are furloughed and the consequences of their actions?

'Obviously furloughed'

Are you on some kind of medication?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 23:28 - May 20 with 3107 viewsSpruceMoose

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 21:05 - May 20 by Dubtractor

, brexit

, worried

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 23:29 - May 20 with 3104 viewsSpruceMoose

Sarfend - Where’s Wally - Covid Edition on 22:38 - May 20 by Ely_Blue

Other countries seem to have people that aren’t complete d1ckheads.

Sorry I don’t buy the “it’s the governments fault for giving mixed messages” BS.

People need to take some responsibility for their own actions, end of.

I think it's both.

Shïtty government put into power by many, many shïtty people.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024