Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert sacking 15:01 - May 21 with 1991 viewsblueprint

If , and it’s a big If Marcus was to show Lambert the door do you think he could claim unfair dismissal as he could argue that the curtailment of the season due to COVID 19 prevented him from completing the season and thus preventing him from leading the club to promotion via the play offs? As unlikely that it is that he would have achieved that target.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 15:22]
Lambert sacking on 15:03 - May 21 with 1977 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Very doubtful indeed.

If he was sacked the game before lockdown, then he couldn't have complained, so it doesn't change anything.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lambert sacking on 15:10 - May 21 with 1946 viewsSwansea_Blue

Messy. This is potential to slip into groundhog day, the same way the speculation carried on about him sacking Mick for pretty much the whole of his last season with us.

Who knows what ME will do, but I've got the same view as near the end of Mick's time. I'm less worried about when/if Lambert goes and more concerned about ME's next pick. It's death by a thousand cuts. He never seems to learn, normally picks a dud, and failed to support his only decent manager whilst letting the other idiots ruin the team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert sacking on 15:11 - May 21 with 1938 viewsJDB23

Lambert's words of having "no problem leaving the club tomorrow" and "i'll always do what's best for the football club" ring loud here.

The fact he hasn't resigned already after spectacular failure and continuing to pocket 45k a month during financial uncertainty put those sentiments to rest. If any legal action is taken under the circumstances you mention then it will confirm once and for all he is full of sht. Most know that already though.
Lambert sacking on 15:12 - May 21 with 1928 viewsBrixtonBlue

Absolutely, of course he could. I guarantee there's no pandemic clause in Lambert's contract, so we're stuck with him for the foreseeable.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lambert sacking on 15:14 - May 21 with 1918 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert sacking on 15:10 - May 21 by Swansea_Blue

Messy. This is potential to slip into groundhog day, the same way the speculation carried on about him sacking Mick for pretty much the whole of his last season with us.

Who knows what ME will do, but I've got the same view as near the end of Mick's time. I'm less worried about when/if Lambert goes and more concerned about ME's next pick. It's death by a thousand cuts. He never seems to learn, normally picks a dud, and failed to support his only decent manager whilst letting the other idiots ruin the team.

I think there's virtually no chance he will sack Lambert. He'll talk about stability etc.

His next pick will be another MM type like Pulis and when he fails we'll go for another up and coming manager. When he fails we'll go for another Pulis type.

On and on it will go.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lambert sacking on 15:16 - May 21 with 1892 viewsBlueBadger

lambert is much less of a man than Mick in nearly all respects. There's no way he'll graciously step down.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 15:17]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert sacking on 15:18 - May 21 with 1887 viewsFtnfwest

Lambert sacking on 15:14 - May 21 by J2BLUE

I think there's virtually no chance he will sack Lambert. He'll talk about stability etc.

His next pick will be another MM type like Pulis and when he fails we'll go for another up and coming manager. When he fails we'll go for another Pulis type.

On and on it will go.

spend any cash he's got now on a worthwhile footballing chief exec rather than sacking Lambert. Then hopefully that person might have enough nous to get rid of Lambert, and more importantly make the right appointment of the next manager.
Lambert sacking on 15:22 - May 21 with 1851 viewsmonty_radio

Lambert sacking on 15:16 - May 21 by BlueBadger

lambert is much less of a man than Mick in nearly all respects. There's no way he'll graciously step down.

"Graciously" DEF: "pleasantly and politely".

I don't recall that?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert sacking on 15:23 - May 21 with 1836 viewsLankHenners

I feel ME will be hoping that with football taking a back seat right now people will forget about how bad it was on the pitch and therefore won't get so much stick for keeping Lambert on as he might have done.

Lambert will try to argue he was unfairly robbed of a chance to recover the situation as well and ME will probably buy it as it means he doesn't have to make a difficult decision, which, as you say, he'll probably get wrong.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lambert sacking on 15:24 - May 21 with 1830 viewsgiant_stow

Interesting thought - he could go from buying you all beer to sueing you on a technicality.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Lambert sacking on 15:24 - May 21 with 1833 viewsjudespiveyg

Lambert sacking on 15:16 - May 21 by BlueBadger

What the thick skinned Yorkshireman who was actually spectacularly thin skinned.
I never liked his football but the main reason I disliked Mccarthy was because of his personality. Absolute soundbite merchant.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Lambert sacking on 15:25 - May 21 with 1819 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert sacking on 15:22 - May 21 by monty_radio

"Graciously" DEF: "pleasantly and politely".

I don't recall that?

He'd already decided he was going when numbskulls decided that wasn't enough and they had to have blood. I think most of us would said, 'you know what, f*ck this' in the same boat.

So, well done again numbskulls, the handover to Hurst was made even more shambolic by you lot.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lambert sacking on 15:25 - May 21 with 1817 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert sacking on 15:24 - May 21 by giant_stow

Interesting thought - he could go from buying you all beer to sueing you on a technicality.

Well he sued you lot so he's not averse to it!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lambert sacking on 15:26 - May 21 with 1808 viewsLankHenners

Lambert sacking on 15:24 - May 21 by judespiveyg

What the thick skinned Yorkshireman who was actually spectacularly thin skinned.
I never liked his football but the main reason I disliked Mccarthy was because of his personality. Absolute soundbite merchant.

"Absolute soundbite merchant."

Are you aware of who our current manager is?

Lambert sacking on 15:26 - May 21 with 1804 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert sacking on 15:24 - May 21 by judespiveyg

Mick is like the cast of 'Who's Line Is It Anyway' compared to Lambert. Who also, responds even more aggressively to anyone pointing out that he's crap as well.

Lambert sacking on 15:27 - May 21 with 1800 viewsgiant_stow

Lambert sacking on 15:25 - May 21 by BrixtonBlue

Well he sued you lot so he's not averse to it!

Didn't we deserve that? I can't really remember...

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Lambert sacking on 15:27 - May 21 with 1797 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert sacking on 15:26 - May 21 by LankHenners

Some of the finest TWTD Revisionism yet.

Lambert sacking on 15:30 - May 21 with 1768 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert sacking on 15:18 - May 21 by Ftnfwest

spend any cash he's got now on a worthwhile footballing chief exec rather than sacking Lambert. Then hopefully that person might have enough nous to get rid of Lambert, and more importantly make the right appointment of the next manager.

The window of opportunity to restructure the club came when Mick announced he was leaving. It was missed, spectacularly.

Lambert sacking on 15:34 - May 21 with 1728 viewsLankHenners

Lambert sacking on 15:27 - May 21 by BlueBadger

Some of the finest TWTD Revisionism yet.

If you're going to make something up you should at the very least make sure it doesn't instantly fall apart under the weight of its own contradictions.

Lambert sacking on 15:34 - May 21 with 1731 viewsjudespiveyg

Lambert sacking on 15:26 - May 21 by LankHenners

Please point to the part where I said I like Lambert. I was merely saying why I disliked a bloke whose football was dire and told us to be grateful to pay £35 a game for such garbage. It's no coincidence that lots of our club legends despise McCarthy.

Lambert sacking on 15:39 - May 21 with 1706 viewsLankHenners

Lambert sacking on 15:34 - May 21 by judespiveyg

Please point to the part where I said I like Lambert. I was merely saying why I disliked a bloke whose football was dire and told us to be grateful to pay £35 a game for such garbage. It's no coincidence that lots of our club legends despise McCarthy.

It's more that if you barrel into a thread to complain that Mick was a soundbite merchant who played dire football then Christ knows what you think of Lambert.

Please name the several club legends who "despise" McCarthy.

Lambert sacking on 15:44 - May 21 with 1677 viewsjudespiveyg

Lambert sacking on 15:39 - May 21 by LankHenners

It's more that if you barrel into a thread to complain that Mick was a soundbite merchant who played dire football then Christ knows what you think of Lambert.

Please name the several club legends who "despise" McCarthy.

Roger Osborne for one, old mate of my Grandad's, met him in 2017, he didn't mention names but apparently our manager at the time was very unpopular with a lot of players from that time because he would go out of his way to ignore them and wouldn't allow the squad to speak to them if they were at the training ground. Reckoned McCarthy was bitter that the fans and local press were more interested in players from decades ago than they were in him.

Lambert sacking on 16:01 - May 21 with 1618 viewsLankHenners

Lambert sacking on 15:44 - May 21 by judespiveyg

Roger Osborne for one, old mate of my Grandad's, met him in 2017, he didn't mention names but apparently our manager at the time was very unpopular with a lot of players from that time because he would go out of his way to ignore them and wouldn't allow the squad to speak to them if they were at the training ground. Reckoned McCarthy was bitter that the fans and local press were more interested in players from decades ago than they were in him.

Some context-less hearsay doesn't really amount to McCarthy being "despised", even if I won't dispute the point that not everyone loved him.

Lambert sacking on 16:35 - May 21 with 1546 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert sacking on 15:34 - May 21 by LankHenners

If you're going to make something up you should at the very least make sure it doesn't instantly fall apart under the weight of its own contradictions.

Be fair, you started it.

Lambert sacking on 16:55 - May 21 with 1507 viewsLankHenners

Lambert sacking on 16:35 - May 21 by BlueBadger

Be fair, you started it.

Lambert out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024