Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
brexiteers hit another of their targets 15:44 - May 21 with 1977 viewsfactual_blue

Number of white people migrating from Europe - down.
Number of non-white people migrating from outside Europe - up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52752656

Still, so long as they are willing to pick potatoes, eh?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 16:04 - May 21 with 1919 viewsPendejo

Is a points based system in place yet?

Immigration is a means of keeping the property bubble inflated by maintaining high demand.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 16:27 - May 21 with 1890 viewsBlueBadger

I'm sure that when they said 'we want to open our country to all the nations of the world' this is exactly what they meant.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 17:17 - May 21 with 1848 viewsGlasgowBlue

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 16:27 - May 21 by BlueBadger

I'm sure that when they said 'we want to open our country to all the nations of the world' this is exactly what they meant.

Well I’ve been saying this since the referendum campaign started.

Tory Speak assistance, please by GlasgowBlue 19 May 2020 9:01
Ok. Unless you believe in open borders and unlimited immigration then you have to have limits.

Currently under freedom of movements we can’t put limits on the number of EU citizens, so these limits disproportionLy fall on people from outside the EU.

Freedom of movement is basically a closed shop for mostly white Europeans.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 17:38 - May 21 with 1811 viewsSwansea_Blue

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 17:17 - May 21 by GlasgowBlue

Ok. Unless you believe in open borders and unlimited immigration then you have to have limits.

Currently under freedom of movements we can’t put limits on the number of EU citizens, so these limits disproportionLy fall on people from outside the EU.

That may have been the case for you, but you're singing from a different hymn sheet to the Brexiteers driving this and the ones that wanted to see foreigners double taxed for using the NHS and deny the families of foreign workers compensation when their loved ones die of coronavirus whislt in the service of this country. For them it has never been about fairness. It's been about trying to show that they are lowering immigration to win votes.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 22:44 - May 21 with 1714 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Saw something along the lines of:

Hard border in the Irish Sea Project Fear
Lack of people to pick fruit and veg Project Fear
NHS as part of US trade deal Project Fear

I guess they will all hold their hands up and go "OK we were wrong" when virtually all of "Project Fear" is proven to be the experts were actually right and should have been listened to (not)! The greatest proponent I debated with said the other day "I could see both sides of the argument. I easily could have voted either way." (Interesting considering how adamantly pro-Brexit he was at the time). "It will take 10 years for us to know whether it was right and I trust the people in charge then to take us back in if it was wrong."

Head-shakingly frustrating. I am relieved that I personally will be one of the least affected but feel so saddened at where they have taken us.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 22:55 - May 21 with 1700 viewstractordownsouth

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 22:44 - May 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

I guess they will all hold their hands up and go "OK we were wrong" when virtually all of "Project Fear" is proven to be the experts were actually right and should have been listened to (not)! The greatest proponent I debated with said the other day "I could see both sides of the argument. I easily could have voted either way." (Interesting considering how adamantly pro-Brexit he was at the time). "It will take 10 years for us to know whether it was right and I trust the people in charge then to take us back in if it was wrong."

Head-shakingly frustrating. I am relieved that I personally will be one of the least affected but feel so saddened at where they have taken us.

The lunacy was that for all of the "project fear" shouts, they could barely muster a single economist who backed their point of view.

And even those who did, such as Patrick Minford, advocated the destruction of the agricultural industry and a race to the bottom with food standards.

https://infacts.org/as-brexiters-mask-slips-the-ugly-truth-is-revealed/

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 23:24 - May 21 with 1672 viewsSuffolktractor

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 22:44 - May 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

Bloody democracy.
Who needs it?
brexiteers hit another of their targets on 08:32 - May 22 with 1556 viewsNewcyBlue

Come on mate, we both know that it was the colour of peoples skin that was the driving force for a lot people.

The day after the Brexit vote, a neighbour (who is no longer living there) turned to MrsN and said “you can go back to your own country now”

At the time I was sailing with a fully paid up member of the BNP. Who liked me until he found out my Mrs is mixed race. He then refused to talk to me. He became a bit more abusive, and my Indian crew were more than happy to let me know where he was if went ashore. Just so I could have a quiet word with him where rank meant nothing.

We’ve had posters on here since who have been run off the board for their despicable views towards persons of colour.

You can see a benefit, you can see that we can offer the rest of the world a chance. No matter their ethnicity or religious belief system.

But for the Farage and BoJo ar$e licking little englander, it’s about being white.

For that, we can thank the media pushing the invasion of immigrants, giving people something to fear and loathe, when our loathing should be aimed at the government.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 08:33 - May 22 with 1554 viewsm14_blue

I’m sure you would accept that attitude wasn’t common amongst leave voters though.
brexiteers hit another of their targets on 09:33 - May 22 with 1511 viewsOldsmoker

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 08:32 - May 22 by NewcyBlue

Come on mate, we both know that it was the colour of peoples skin that was the driving force for a lot people.

The day after the Brexit vote, a neighbour (who is no longer living there) turned to MrsN and said “you can go back to your own country now”

At the time I was sailing with a fully paid up member of the BNP. Who liked me until he found out my Mrs is mixed race. He then refused to talk to me. He became a bit more abusive, and my Indian crew were more than happy to let me know where he was if went ashore. Just so I could have a quiet word with him where rank meant nothing.

We’ve had posters on here since who have been run off the board for their despicable views towards persons of colour.

You can see a benefit, you can see that we can offer the rest of the world a chance. No matter their ethnicity or religious belief system.

But for the Farage and BoJo ar$e licking little englander, it’s about being white.

For that, we can thank the media pushing the invasion of immigrants, giving people something to fear and loathe, when our loathing should be aimed at the government.

My opinion is that Racism was definitely a factor when people voted for Brexit.
I have related this before.
Our local pub racists face dropped when I pointed out that white christians from the EU would be stopped but not non-white non-christians from commonwealth and former commonwealth countries.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 10:55 - May 22 with 1465 viewsGlasgowBlue

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 08:32 - May 22 by NewcyBlue

I only speak for myself. I’ve been consistent in my view of “opening Britain to the world” and you will never find an anti immigrant post from me.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 10:59]

Iron Lion Zion

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 11:00 - May 22 with 1461 viewsNewcyBlue

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 10:55 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

I only speak for myself. I’ve been consistent in my view of “opening Britain to the world” and you will never find an anti immigrant post from me.

Yeah I know. I also know you’re a thoroughly decent chap.

Unfortunately your reasons get lost amongst a sea of hatred. It’s crap when people agree with you, but their reasons for agreeing with you are all kinds of wrong.

As with everything, there needs to a balance.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 11:12 - May 22 with 1439 viewsGlasgowBlue

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 08:33 - May 22 by m14_blue

I’m sure you would accept that attitude wasn’t common amongst leave voters though.

Never said it wasn’t. A large number of people who voted Brexit did so out of racist motives.

I was answering facters op and saying that I have agreed with this side 2016 and before.

Iron Lion Zion

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 11:21 - May 22 with 1424 viewsSwansea_Blue

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 10:55 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

Have we opened up to the world though? Genuine question - I'm not sure we have as visa costs are increasing and entry criteria linked to income levels remain (although they did reverse constraints on students, allowing them to stay longer post-degree). Initiatives like the NHS surcharge don't suggest we're opening up to the world.

It looks to me like as if the opportunities for non-EU citizens are the same as they've always been or even slightly reduced (due to affordability). I'm not aware of the relaxation of administration/bureaucracy/eligibility requirements around immigration. Given teh amount of extra work we have to do around right to work checks at work, it seems as though it's more difficult to come here than ever.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 11:27 - May 22 with 1418 viewsGlasgowBlue

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 11:21 - May 22 by Swansea_Blue

Have we opened up to the world though? Genuine question - I'm not sure we have as visa costs are increasing and entry criteria linked to income levels remain (although they did reverse constraints on students, allowing them to stay longer post-degree). Initiatives like the NHS surcharge don't suggest we're opening up to the world.

It looks to me like as if the opportunities for non-EU citizens are the same as they've always been or even slightly reduced (due to affordability). I'm not aware of the relaxation of administration/bureaucracy/eligibility requirements around immigration. Given teh amount of extra work we have to do around right to work checks at work, it seems as though it's more difficult to come here than ever.

Again. I’m giving you what my interpretation is. I dint speak for anyone else and certainly not the government.

Iron Lion Zion

brexiteers hit another of their targets (n/t) on 13:34 - May 22 with 1357 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

brexiteers hit another of their targets on 16:04 - May 21 by Pendejo

Is a points based system in place yet?

Immigration is a means of keeping the property bubble inflated by maintaining high demand.

[Post edited 22 May 2020 13:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024