Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WTF is this? 21:02 - May 21 with 2878 viewsDarth_Koont

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-52737557

They've been in government for a decade, Laura. This isn't about timing.

It's about accountability.It strikes me that if high-profile public sector journalists had it and understood it then maybe successive governments would too.

Pronouns: He/Him

WTF is this? on 21:08 - May 21 with 2842 viewsmonytowbray

Ahh the Head of Conservative Propaganda at the BBC as usual.

She’s a plant and I’m amazed no one’s gone digging around her political relationships yet.

I’d fully expect to uncover compromised interests.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

WTF is this? on 21:14 - May 21 with 2812 viewsDarth_Koont

WTF is this? on 21:08 - May 21 by monytowbray

Ahh the Head of Conservative Propaganda at the BBC as usual.

She’s a plant and I’m amazed no one’s gone digging around her political relationships yet.

I’d fully expect to uncover compromised interests.

I think it's even worse than that. She's a party politics nerd and is totally enthralled by the bubble.

She'd rather obsess about personality than assess policy. Which is of zero service to the public or indeed to a functioning democracy.

WTF is this? on 21:20 - May 21 with 2788 viewsblueislander

WTF is this? on 21:14 - May 21 by Darth_Koont

I think it's even worse than that. She's a party politics nerd and is totally enthralled by the bubble.

She'd rather obsess about personality than assess policy. Which is of zero service to the public or indeed to a functioning democracy.

I am by no means a Tory, and having read that, I am struggling to see what is in that article that brings you to that conclusion. In various interviews in the past, particularly over Brexit, she has asked some very searching questions of Boris, and other Ministers.
WTF is this? on 21:23 - May 21 with 2778 viewsmonytowbray

WTF is this? on 21:20 - May 21 by blueislander

I am by no means a Tory, and having read that, I am struggling to see what is in that article that brings you to that conclusion. In various interviews in the past, particularly over Brexit, she has asked some very searching questions of Boris, and other Ministers.

Like the time she told the country she felt he “so rightly deserved” a majority?

She barely scrapes the surface with her questions. Same with Peston.

TWTD never forgets…

WTF is this? on 21:27 - May 21 with 2753 viewsblueislander

WTF is this? on 21:23 - May 21 by monytowbray

Like the time she told the country she felt he “so rightly deserved” a majority?

Did she say that? Was that before or after the election?
WTF is this? on 21:33 - May 21 with 2732 viewsblueislander

WTF is this? on 21:27 - May 21 by blueislander

Did she say that? Was that before or after the election?

Just looked it up. It was Alex Forsyth that said that.
WTF is this? on 21:47 - May 21 with 2696 viewsN2_Blue

She is an awful useless journalist and I've no idea how the BBC gave her such a good gig

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

WTF is this? on 21:50 - May 21 with 2682 viewsm14_blue

WTF is this? on 21:23 - May 21 by monytowbray

That doesn’t sound likely
Login to get fewer ads

WTF is this? on 21:54 - May 21 with 2668 viewsDarth_Koont

About policy? Or about politics?

WTF is this? on 21:56 - May 21 with 2663 viewsreusersfreekicks

WTF is this? on 21:47 - May 21 by N2_Blue

She is an awful useless journalist and I've no idea how the BBC gave her such a good gig

I actually quite rate her
WTF is this? on 22:00 - May 21 with 2650 viewsm14_blue

WTF is this? on 21:14 - May 21 by Darth_Koont

Agree with this totally, but unfortunately that’s the same with most political journalists at the moment, more interested in the Westminster game than the actual substance of policy.

I don’t really accept the accusations of bias though, especially as they seem to come from both sides.
WTF is this? on 22:14 - May 21 with 2610 viewsmonytowbray

WTF is this? on 21:50 - May 21 by m14_blue

It’s on video.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bbc-under-fire-political-correspondent-majority-b

It wasn’t “rightly”, my memory is hazy as 5 months ago feels like a year, but there you go.

TWTD never forgets…

WTF is this? on 22:16 - May 21 with 2604 viewsmonytowbray

WTF is this? on 21:33 - May 21 by blueislander

Just looked it up. It was Alex Forsyth that said that.

Sorry my mistake, I linked the article and didn’t even double check it.

Swore it was Laura K. But still she’s got a stack of evidence against her too.

TWTD never forgets…

WTF is this? on 22:17 - May 21 with 2599 viewsWD19

WTF is this? on 21:50 - May 21 by m14_blue

It was a slip of the tongue. It was an over egged, pre-prepared piece to camera where a journalist was talking in an impassioned way about a majority a politician “desired” and said “deserved” instead.
WTF is this? on 22:29 - May 21 with 2572 viewsDarth_Koont

WTF is this? on 22:00 - May 21 by m14_blue

Agree with this totally, but unfortunately that’s the same with most political journalists at the moment, more interested in the Westminster game than the actual substance of policy.

I don’t really accept the accusations of bias though, especially as they seem to come from both sides.

Indeed.

It's not about bias per se. It's about missing the whole point, which is far worse.

WTF is this? on 10:38 - May 23 with 2320 viewspointofblue

Maybe I’m reading this the wrong way but I don’t see what is really wrong with this article? It seems quite damaging to the government - after a decade they’re still arguing about caps, taxation and a proposal which has been around for years.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

WTF is this? on 10:45 - May 23 with 2302 viewsDarth_Koont

WTF is this? on 10:38 - May 23 by pointofblue

Maybe I’m reading this the wrong way but I don’t see what is really wrong with this article? It seems quite damaging to the government - after a decade they’re still arguing about caps, taxation and a proposal which has been around for years.

Because she's a senior journalist and has stood by and watched for the last 5 years of this. Or just hasn't seen it because she's busy looking at the game and not the policies.

I don't blame Kuenssberg personally but she's a product of our frankly awful and incestuous political-media landscape. And she should be at The Telegraph, rather than our public broadcaster, if she wants to play cosy insider and diarist.

WTF is this? on 10:53 - May 23 with 2287 viewspointofblue

WTF is this? on 10:45 - May 23 by Darth_Koont

Because she's a senior journalist and has stood by and watched for the last 5 years of this. Or just hasn't seen it because she's busy looking at the game and not the policies.

I don't blame Kuenssberg personally but she's a product of our frankly awful and incestuous political-media landscape. And she should be at The Telegraph, rather than our public broadcaster, if she wants to play cosy insider and diarist.

I think there’s a balance between the mainstream media and the public and I’m not 100% sure who feeds who - the dominant obsession of Brexit over the past four years has overwhelmed subjects which should be in the press and public’s focus. Is this because the public want to know the in and outs of our departure or is it all-dominant because it’s an easy job for the MSM to pick up the ball and run with it without overly taxing themselves?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

WTF is this? on 11:04 - May 23 with 2255 viewsDarth_Koont

WTF is this? on 10:53 - May 23 by pointofblue

I think there’s a balance between the mainstream media and the public and I’m not 100% sure who feeds who - the dominant obsession of Brexit over the past four years has overwhelmed subjects which should be in the press and public’s focus. Is this because the public want to know the in and outs of our departure or is it all-dominant because it’s an easy job for the MSM to pick up the ball and run with it without overly taxing themselves?

TBF there was limited interest in the reality of Brexit as well. The public had to make their own choice as individuals and find their own sources in order to seek out most of the truth.

If the BBC and its lead political journalist don't exhibit much interest in or accountability towards presenting the objective truth then we're screwed. It means there's effectively no balance against the owned media and dangerously little holding politicians to account.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024