Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bit concerned at the news of the UEFA Cup 40th anniversary celebrations 23:08 - May 21 with 1210 views66notout

I see there is a celebration dinner taking place next year, details of which were revealed yesterday. The organisers are promising the attendance of at least 10 members of the winning line-up “and others” and tickets cost £100 plus VAT.
Surely, any commemorative event should be a fund-raiser for the club, rather than a money spinner for people who do not necessarily have the club’s best interests at heart.
Furthermore, why have the players apparently committed themselves to this event? I can only think they have been made an offer they cannot refuse.
I find it rather exasperating that the club appear to have been caught napping here and it will not be either the celebration, nor the fund raiser, it should be.
Also, how many fans can actually afford a ticket at such an exorbitant price, especially in these difficult times?
We are often accused of living in the past but our historical achievements must be celebrated - ideally at a club-organised event rather than one hijacked by some out-of-Towners whose motives appear to be primarily financial.
Rant over.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 23:10]
Bit concerned at the news of the UEFA Cup 40th anniversary celebrations on 06:40 - May 22 with 1027 viewsSteve_M

Well, it is raising money for a charity that supports young people and the club have - rather typically - done feck all to organise anything so your rant is rather misplaced:

[Post edited 22 May 2020 6:55]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bit concerned at the news of the UEFA Cup 40th anniversary celebrations on 06:43 - May 22 with 1020 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bit concerned at the news of the UEFA Cup 40th anniversary celebrations on 06:40 - May 22 by Steve_M

Well, it is raising money for a charity that supports young people and the club have - rather typically - done feck all to organise anything so your rant is rather misplaced:

[Post edited 22 May 2020 6:55]

Tried to book through early bird last night and all it offered me was an evening with Sam fcukin Allardyce.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bit concerned at the news of the UEFA Cup 40th anniversary celebrations on 06:51 - May 22 with 1005 viewsITFC_Forever

Bit concerned at the news of the UEFA Cup 40th anniversary celebrations on 06:43 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

Tried to book through early bird last night and all it offered me was an evening with Sam fcukin Allardyce.

Take a portable DVD player and a copy of the second leg of the semi final from 2000, and ask him what his fecking problem is.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bit concerned at the news of the UEFA Cup 40th anniversary celebrations on 07:57 - May 22 with 922 viewsSitfcB

I’m sure the club will do something as well, and will charge a lot more.

These events always usually sell out.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Bit concerned at the news of the UEFA Cup 40th anniversary celebrations on 08:12 - May 22 with 892 viewsbluelagos

Bit concerned at the news of the UEFA Cup 40th anniversary celebrations on 06:43 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

Made me smile :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024