Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert In 11:26 - May 22 with 8270 viewsGlasgowBlue

Am I the only person here here who thinks another change of manager will have a destabilising effect in the club when we are in completely uncharted waters due to the COvid outbreak?

Yeah he fcuked up. Yes he basically threw the season away, which was doubly annoying as we had managed to go back top in January.

But a new manager with probably very little in way of finances could see us drop even further.

Give him one more season imo.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Lambert In on 11:27 - May 22 with 4132 viewsgiant_stow

Brace for incoming.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Lambert In on 11:28 - May 22 with 4110 viewsBluefish

Top bantz

On a serious note, some on here are still a bit delicate about it so becareful with this sort of p*sstake or younwill get the usual clueless lot calling you sad

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert In on 11:28 - May 22 with 4125 viewsStokieBlue

I think it's a simpler equation.

Even though he is rubbish, would the money it would cost to sack him be better spent making ends meet at the club?

We really need to not renew a lot of contracts and get some of the youths playing - it can't be worse than this season.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lambert In on 11:29 - May 22 with 4123 viewsitfcjoe

I think that is what will happen, and I hope you’re right, but he’s made such a bad job of things on the pitch across 2 seasons now that I have very little faith in him getting it right on the pitch with the same players.

He’s done a lot of good off the pitch, which has been important but that will all be undone if he continues to struggle on it.

The fact that after 70+ games I couldn’t tell you what he is even trying to do is a massive worry. We should have a clear identity now

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert In on 11:30 - May 22 with 4086 viewsBluefish

Lambert In on 11:29 - May 22 by itfcjoe

I think that is what will happen, and I hope you’re right, but he’s made such a bad job of things on the pitch across 2 seasons now that I have very little faith in him getting it right on the pitch with the same players.

He’s done a lot of good off the pitch, which has been important but that will all be undone if he continues to struggle on it.

The fact that after 70+ games I couldn’t tell you what he is even trying to do is a massive worry. We should have a clear identity now

When do you think would have been the best time to cut him loose?

Lambert In on 11:32 - May 22 with 4076 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert In on 11:30 - May 22 by Bluefish

When do you think would have been the best time to cut him loose?

When he had his little hissy fight over the Xmas period as contract talks were clearly coming to a head

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert In on 11:34 - May 22 with 4052 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lambert In on 11:29 - May 22 by itfcjoe

It's a humongous worry. I'm pretty sure he's the wrong man. But then I've zero confidence in ME picking a right one, so what do you do *shrugs*

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert In on 11:34 - May 22 with 4036 viewsBrixtonBlue

Your view certainly has merit.

Regardless, I think Covid has saved his job.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert In on 11:35 - May 22 with 4018 viewsBluefish

Lambert In on 11:32 - May 22 by itfcjoe

When he had his little hissy fight over the Xmas period as contract talks were clearly coming to a head

My view is March 2019 or the end of last season but I think the fan goodwill was too high for ME to chance it. He would have had an almighty backlash. Lincoln away should have been the final point though. The fact will remain that we weren't really any different all season, we never had an identity, we never had a plan and we were poor all season despite the early results. He has been a complete disaster from start to finish

Lambert In on 11:39 - May 22 with 4002 viewsHerbivore

He's been utterly hopeless in the 18 months he's been here and has shown no signs of getting better at or growing into the job. If anything it's been quite the opposite. The risk of falling further is, in my opinion, far greater with him at the helm than it would be with a new man in charge.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert In on 11:45 - May 22 with 3963 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lambert In on 11:39 - May 22 by Herbivore

He's been utterly hopeless in the 18 months he's been here and has shown no signs of getting better at or growing into the job. If anything it's been quite the opposite. The risk of falling further is, in my opinion, far greater with him at the helm than it would be with a new man in charge.

Indeed, weve had a couple of blips where we have won games, but thats it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lambert In on 11:47 - May 22 with 3947 viewsN2_Blue

I actually agree with you and I'm royally fecked off with Lambert and think he's been a disaster. But i would give him next season to attempt to make amends

A new manager could be disastrous at this stage, even more disastrous than PRP has been.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Lambert In on 11:48 - May 22 with 3930 viewsBluefish

So why did it take being 10th in league 1 for you to and others to acknowledge that? Why not mention it before?

Lambert In on 11:50 - May 22 with 3925 viewsHerbivore

Lambert In on 11:48 - May 22 by Bluefish

So why did it take being 10th in league 1 for you to and others to acknowledge that? Why not mention it before?

I was calling for him to go around Xmas time you muppet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert In on 11:52 - May 22 with 3913 viewsDanTheMan

Nope, Lambert out for me please.

He was brought in to stop us getting relegated and failed. Yes the team was awful but the idea was to be just slightly less awful than what was around us and finished bottom.

Then, given the resources available, he should have been able to steer us into the playoffs really at a minimum. He has now failed that too, and even without Covid, I just cannot see it happening.

He's done some nice bits off the pitch which did need doing, but on the pitch it's been fairly dreadful. I can't see anything to suggest that next season will be any better with him in charge.

Still, don't think he is the root cause of our problems. The whole club needs a shakeup now, which I can't see happening.

Death by a thousand cuts.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 11:53]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Lambert In on 11:53 - May 22 with 3889 viewsBluefish

Lambert In on 11:50 - May 22 by Herbivore

I was calling for him to go around Xmas time you muppet.

better than many but still bizarrely slow

Lambert In on 11:56 - May 22 with 3894 viewsclive_baker

He's failed spectacularly here, he hasn't earned the right to another season. I don't judge him on season 1, he took over when we were on our backsides and the squad was in a terrible place. I actually think his recruitment was excellent, and there's little to criticise by way of personnel and the squad he built last summer. But to start as we did, and end up mid table is absolutely unforgivable. The COVID uncertainly doesn't make a difference IMO, all the more reason to get it all out there and hit reset.

He's failed, no doubt about it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lambert In on 12:03 - May 22 with 3860 viewsGuthrum

Problem is, a manager who can take a team in top spot towards the end of January and have them hopelessly (almost mathematically) adrift of the play-offs just six weeks later - on top of having failed to drag us out of an admittedly already difficult situation the previous season, resulting in relegation - does not appear to promise much success for what lies ahead. Especially with no facility to buy himself out of trouble.

Many people were not convinced by the team's performances even when we were doing well. More so when you consider we were now one of the L1 big fish, still having Championship-level players in our squad.

Stability can be a negative factor, as well as a positive one.

I fully expect that, within 18 months, any new appointment's reign to have disintegrated into dust and ashes, with terrible recriminations all round. That's just the cycle we've been in for years, only slowed for a while by McCarthy, before even he fell.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lambert In on 12:11 - May 22 with 3806 viewsGuthrum

Lambert In on 11:48 - May 22 by Bluefish

Because only in the last six weeks played of this season have the wheels truly come off. Up to that point we were in reasonable contention for promotion, even top two. We might have been unconvincing a lot of the time, but the job was being done.

I don't think it fair to call for a manger to be sacked if, under his direction, the team is achieving what is required (unless, perhaps, the relationship with the fans has irrepairably broken down).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lambert In on 12:20 - May 22 with 3771 viewsN2_Blue

Lambert In on 12:03 - May 22 by Guthrum

Problem is, a manager who can take a team in top spot towards the end of January and have them hopelessly (almost mathematically) adrift of the play-offs just six weeks later - on top of having failed to drag us out of an admittedly already difficult situation the previous season, resulting in relegation - does not appear to promise much success for what lies ahead. Especially with no facility to buy himself out of trouble.

Many people were not convinced by the team's performances even when we were doing well. More so when you consider we were now one of the L1 big fish, still having Championship-level players in our squad.

Stability can be a negative factor, as well as a positive one.

I fully expect that, within 18 months, any new appointment's reign to have disintegrated into dust and ashes, with terrible recriminations all round. That's just the cycle we've been in for years, only slowed for a while by McCarthy, before even he fell.

So what's the answer Guthers? It's so terribly disappointing and for over 10 years this club has nosedived.

Under Marcus Evans (because let's face it that's not going to change) how can we possibly have just a shed of light and generate some slight forward momentum?
I don't see a new manager being the answer, other than McCarthy before it went sour (and no way are we getting a manger of his ilk), all managers here have struggled badly in ME era. Is it really down to bad management with all of them? I don't know what or why but something hasn't felt right with the club since ME took over, but then without his money we'd be in even more trouble...so how does he make it work without putting in more money than he is prepared to?

It all right for people to say Marcus Evans out. He is the problem. Is he? What is he doing wrong. Do we have issues with other non-playing staff that have a crucial influence on the club. There has to be more to it surely?

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Lambert In on 12:28 - May 22 with 3735 viewsBluefish

Lambert In on 12:11 - May 22 by Guthrum

Because only in the last six weeks played of this season have the wheels truly come off. Up to that point we were in reasonable contention for promotion, even top two. We might have been unconvincing a lot of the time, but the job was being done.

I don't think it fair to call for a manger to be sacked if, under his direction, the team is achieving what is required (unless, perhaps, the relationship with the fans has irrepairably broken down).

Precisely my point the wheels have come off because of the league table. We have been a consistent shambles from the start under him. We've never had an identity on the pitch we've never had consistent performances and we have repeated the same mistakes over and over. You would struggle to find 3 good solid performances in his whole time

Lambert In on 12:32 - May 22 with 3735 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert In on 12:20 - May 22 by N2_Blue

So what's the answer Guthers? It's so terribly disappointing and for over 10 years this club has nosedived.

Under Marcus Evans (because let's face it that's not going to change) how can we possibly have just a shed of light and generate some slight forward momentum?
I don't see a new manager being the answer, other than McCarthy before it went sour (and no way are we getting a manger of his ilk), all managers here have struggled badly in ME era. Is it really down to bad management with all of them? I don't know what or why but something hasn't felt right with the club since ME took over, but then without his money we'd be in even more trouble...so how does he make it work without putting in more money than he is prepared to?

It all right for people to say Marcus Evans out. He is the problem. Is he? What is he doing wrong. Do we have issues with other non-playing staff that have a crucial influence on the club. There has to be more to it surely?

I think we need to get a witchdoctor in, because somehow, for some reason, this club is cursed.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lambert In on 12:34 - May 22 with 3730 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Lambert In on 11:28 - May 22 by Bluefish

Top bantz

On a serious note, some on here are still a bit delicate about it so becareful with this sort of p*sstake or younwill get the usual clueless lot calling you sad

Nobody is delicate about it. You just bore the souls out of people with your repetition.

We know your view. I think the majority would favour a new manager. Some are little more pragmatic. Nobody is desperate to keep him. All those views are fine. Original post is reasonable. You don't need to steamroll in again with your view that everyone already knows. Honestly we get it.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Lambert In on 12:38 - May 22 with 3710 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Ultimately he has failed this season. I'd disagree no signs. Good signings in the summer and good start. Then it went badly wrong. I think it would be fair if he'd gone end of season even if i would have wanted to see the finish and potentially give him start of next season.

Covid has saved his job. We'll need to get behind him and the team. He can still turn it around but he won't get the same chance next season. Last life.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Lambert In on 12:41 - May 22 with 3689 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert In on 12:34 - May 22 by Terry_Nutkins

Nobody is delicate about it. You just bore the souls out of people with your repetition.

We know your view. I think the majority would favour a new manager. Some are little more pragmatic. Nobody is desperate to keep him. All those views are fine. Original post is reasonable. You don't need to steamroll in again with your view that everyone already knows. Honestly we get it.

Fecking THIS!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024