Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Kit 11:30 - May 22 with 8964 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

This kind of stuff excites, I’m like a little kid with a possible retro/old badge kit

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

New Kit on 11:58 - May 22 with 5746 viewsBrianTablet

They are doing it in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory style.
Find a Golden Shirt and win a place in the squad for next season.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

New Kit on 12:22 - May 22 with 5717 viewsThe_Last_Baron

It's the 40th anniversary season since winning the UEFA Cup. Could be that they'll do a shirt based on the 1980-81 kit.

On the subject of kits Man Citys's new third shirt is a thing of beauty.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/11/puma-manchester-city-20-21-third-kit.html

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

New Kit on 12:26 - May 22 with 5699 viewsArnieM

cheaper ??

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

New Kit on 12:36 - May 22 with 5682 viewsEnigma_Blue

New Kit on 12:22 - May 22 by The_Last_Baron

It's the 40th anniversary season since winning the UEFA Cup. Could be that they'll do a shirt based on the 1980-81 kit.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/11/puma-manchester-city-20-21-third-kit.html

So just plain blue with a white v-neck collar and the white stripes on the sleeve?

Would be a bit boring. I am hoping for a design based on the france style shirt of the mid 80s but I have a feeling the new shirt is going to be based on the 86-89 shirt with diagonal stripes like the new Northern Ireland shirt below.

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/northern-ireland-home
[Post edited 22 May 2020 12:40]
New Kit on 13:11 - May 22 with 5620 viewshoppy

New Kit on 12:36 - May 22 by Enigma_Blue

So just plain blue with a white v-neck collar and the white stripes on the sleeve?

Would be a bit boring. I am hoping for a design based on the france style shirt of the mid 80s but I have a feeling the new shirt is going to be based on the 86-89 shirt with diagonal stripes like the new Northern Ireland shirt below.

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/northern-ireland-home
[Post edited 22 May 2020 12:40]

Why would you think the new shirt is going to be based on the 86-89 shirt with diagonal stripes, if it's widely thought it's going to be based on something to do with winning the 1981 UEFA cup?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

New Kit on 13:21 - May 22 with 5598 viewsIllinoisblue

Adidas have put less than minimal effort into our kits so far... be interesting to see what the new shirt looks like. It won’t have Magical Vegas on it so it automatically improves

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

New Kit on 13:46 - May 22 with 5546 viewsEnigma_Blue

New Kit on 13:11 - May 22 by hoppy

Why would you think the new shirt is going to be based on the 86-89 shirt with diagonal stripes, if it's widely thought it's going to be based on something to do with winning the 1981 UEFA cup?

Is it widely thought that it will have something to do with the 81 uefa cup shirt ? This thread is the first time I have heard it mentioned.

The target market for replica shirts are kids as the majority are either bought by or for kids. If the new shirt is based on the Uefa cup shirt it is going to be quite plain looking. The majority of kids prefer fancy designs.
New Kit on 14:02 - May 22 with 5500 viewsBrixtonBlue

A thing of beauty?! If you're a nan looking for bathroom wallpaper I guess...

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

New Kit on 14:05 - May 22 with 5495 viewshoppy

New Kit on 14:02 - May 22 by BrixtonBlue

*other rooms and curtains are available.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

New Kit on 14:11 - May 22 with 5472 viewsGlasgowBlue

New Kit on 14:02 - May 22 by BrixtonBlue

Or a Prince fan.

Edit. Or a fan of Liam Gallagher’s Pretty Green clothing range.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 14:12]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

New Kit on 17:22 - May 22 with 5327 viewsThe_Last_Baron

New Kit on 14:11 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

Or a Prince fan.

Edit. Or a fan of Liam Gallagher’s Pretty Green clothing range.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 14:12]

Both sadly defunct. Prince and Pretty Green that is, Gallagher is still mad alive.

New Kit on 06:49 - May 23 with 5124 viewsEly_Blue

New Kit on 13:46 - May 22 by Enigma_Blue

Is it widely thought that it will have something to do with the 81 uefa cup shirt ? This thread is the first time I have heard it mentioned.

The target market for replica shirts are kids as the majority are either bought by or for kids. If the new shirt is based on the Uefa cup shirt it is going to be quite plain looking. The majority of kids prefer fancy designs.

Erm since when have kids loved "fancy designs" and please define what said "fancy designs" means?

Most kids like a shirt in their teams colours that doesnt make them look like a d1ck in front of their mates

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

New Kit on 12:16 - May 23 with 4965 viewsEnigma_Blue

New Kit on 06:49 - May 23 by Ely_Blue

Erm since when have kids loved "fancy designs" and please define what said "fancy designs" means?

Most kids like a shirt in their teams colours that doesnt make them look like a d1ck in front of their mates

For example any kit from the 1981/82 season through to 2000. The shirt worn in 1981 was nice looking but rather plain in comparison to subsequent shirts. I mean it didn't really have any distinguishing features to it unlike the pinstripe one or the France style one.

According to Lee O'Neil the new shirt is going to be something a bit special and likely to be the best selling shirt in recent years. Even if it has say for example the old style badge would that alone make the shirt "something a bit special" and sell like hot cakes?
[Post edited 23 May 2020 13:57]
New Kit on 12:40 - May 23 with 4930 viewsBLUEBEAT

LG/Pretty Green involvement?

Don’t think I’ve seen so many paisley garms since the mildly psychedelic revival of the early/mid 80s.

Poll: W or W

New Kit on 14:09 - May 23 with 4855 viewsbrazil1982

...and still people will buy it
New Kit on 15:03 - May 23 with 4804 viewsThe_Last_Baron

New Kit on 12:16 - May 23 by Enigma_Blue

For example any kit from the 1981/82 season through to 2000. The shirt worn in 1981 was nice looking but rather plain in comparison to subsequent shirts. I mean it didn't really have any distinguishing features to it unlike the pinstripe one or the France style one.

According to Lee O'Neil the new shirt is going to be something a bit special and likely to be the best selling shirt in recent years. Even if it has say for example the old style badge would that alone make the shirt "something a bit special" and sell like hot cakes?
[Post edited 23 May 2020 13:57]

Maybe it's based on the 1982 pinstripe kit. Always number one or two in polls. A shirt based on the France kit from the 80s would also be a winner.

As some people have mentioned a return to the yellow badge would be popular.

New Kit on 19:53 - May 23 with 4659 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Really surprised we haven’t seen it yet. I presume they are waiting for the decision on the end of the season, but would be a good source of income tbh.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

New Kit on 19:57 - May 23 with 4651 viewsitfcjoe

New Kit on 15:03 - May 23 by The_Last_Baron

Maybe it's based on the 1982 pinstripe kit. Always number one or two in polls. A shirt based on the France kit from the 80s would also be a winner.

I just can't see anyway it goes back to the old badge, that would effectively be a club rebrand - and if we were to do that you'd expect it to be a new badge.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

New Kit on 20:03 - May 23 with 4640 viewsShawsey

New Kit on 15:03 - May 23 by The_Last_Baron

Would love that shirt. A yellow badge though? The cousins up the road would find that amusing.
New Kit on 20:26 - May 23 with 4619 viewsCoco

Saw this

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

New Kit on 20:39 - May 23 with 4599 viewsShawsey

New Kit on 20:26 - May 23 by Coco

Saw this

Why can't we have a V-neck?
New Kit on 22:30 - May 23 with 4521 viewsThe_Last_Baron

New Kit on 20:26 - May 23 by Coco

Saw this

I'd take a bet thst these are a mash up made by a kid in his bedroom.

For a start this adidas logo is never used ok football jerseys nowadays.

New Kit on 01:16 - May 24 with 4429 viewsbazgammon

can we get rid of the three stars from the badge. we have been rubbish since they were introduced. stars should only be allowed on champions league winners badges

Poll: Lambert

New Kit on 10:37 - May 24 with 4291 viewsThe_Last_Baron

New Kit on 01:16 - May 24 by bazgammon

can we get rid of the three stars from the badge. we have been rubbish since they were introduced. stars should only be allowed on champions league winners badges

Agree. Looks desperate.

New Kit on 10:43 - May 24 with 4275 viewsPinewoodblue

New Kit on 01:16 - May 24 by bazgammon

Are you saying the stars don’t represent the tier we are playing in?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024