Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system 12:04 - May 22 with 7677 viewsHarry_Palmer

Maybe those people going to the beach to get fresh air and sunshine rather than staying indoors aren't quite as stupid as they seemed.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200521-can-staying-inside-weaken-the-immune
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 19:34 - May 22 with 699 viewsbluelagos

Few thoughts.

Getting outside is clearly good for your health, physical and mental, no argument there. Beaches are great place for kids, some of whom have been locked down for weeks, so if I had any, I'd be looking to find somewhere less crowded to take them.

Also, the pictures of the beaches are not as conclusive as some are claiming in terms of people not social distancing. From many photos you simply can't tell how far groups are sat apart from other groups. I stopped at Cromer and Sea Palling (Norfolk beaches) in the week and everyone was social distancing without any issues at all.

That said, people who don't social distance are pretty silly, given all the advice.

Last one from me, on the radio today people were complaining about beach users urinating in public. What the councils expect when they lock the public toilets I don't know. Is always going to lead to people relieving themselves where they can.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 19:37 - May 22 with 691 viewsgiant_stow

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 19:34 - May 22 by bluelagos

Few thoughts.

Getting outside is clearly good for your health, physical and mental, no argument there. Beaches are great place for kids, some of whom have been locked down for weeks, so if I had any, I'd be looking to find somewhere less crowded to take them.

Also, the pictures of the beaches are not as conclusive as some are claiming in terms of people not social distancing. From many photos you simply can't tell how far groups are sat apart from other groups. I stopped at Cromer and Sea Palling (Norfolk beaches) in the week and everyone was social distancing without any issues at all.

That said, people who don't social distance are pretty silly, given all the advice.

Last one from me, on the radio today people were complaining about beach users urinating in public. What the councils expect when they lock the public toilets I don't know. Is always going to lead to people relieving themselves where they can.

Ssshhhhh! Dont talk about sea palliing - dont want it getting too crowded!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 19:41 - May 22 with 681 viewsbluelagos

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 19:37 - May 22 by giant_stow

Ssshhhhh! Dont talk about sea palliing - dont want it getting too crowded!

The tearoom in Finchingfield opened today. Suspect my midweek motorbike blasts will be Essex based now :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 19:42 - May 22 with 680 viewsHarry_Palmer

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 18:31 - May 22 by Shawsey

But you did say something like, the media are making us scared when we are surrounded by other virus' everyday. This is nothing like the flu, so why mention it?

That's not actually true though is it. They are both contagious viruses that effect the respiratory system, there are differences of course but to say they are nothing like each other is incorrect. I know people get very upset at the comparison but there is one to be made never the less.

Factual blue mentioned the flu vaccine, like many people he is under the misguided illusion that vaccines are our saviour and will be again with Covid-19. I merely pointed out that despite flu vaccines being in use for years the flu is still with us and shows no signs of going away any time soon.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 20:01 - May 22 with 660 viewsSpruceMoose

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 19:42 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

That's not actually true though is it. They are both contagious viruses that effect the respiratory system, there are differences of course but to say they are nothing like each other is incorrect. I know people get very upset at the comparison but there is one to be made never the less.

Factual blue mentioned the flu vaccine, like many people he is under the misguided illusion that vaccines are our saviour and will be again with Covid-19. I merely pointed out that despite flu vaccines being in use for years the flu is still with us and shows no signs of going away any time soon.

Imma just leave this here for the benefit of others.

1921 USA - over 200,000 diphtheria cases per year prior to vaccination.
1980s USA - just 3 diphtheria cases per year after vaccination.

1920s USA - measles and whooping cough cases prior to vaccination - 1.1 million cases per year.
1980s USA - measles and whooping cough cases after vaccination - 1,500 cases per year.

Before vaccines 20,000 Americans got polio every year.
After vaccines 7 Americans got polio ever year.

The list could go on and is replicated around the world. These are the facts and can't be disagreed with.

During the 20th century vaccinations might have saved more lives than even antibiotics.

Thank you vaccinations, get you and your kids vaccinated folks.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 20:45]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 20:42 - May 22 with 601 viewsSwansea_Blue

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 19:42 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

Is this a wind up?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 20:50 - May 22 with 590 viewsStokieBlue

This is pretty horrible stuff Harry. What comparison do you feel is there to be made?

Yes they are both respiratory viruses but that is about where the comparison ends. You've been told this numerous times yet you keep trying to push some form of equivalence where none exists.

Would you like to explain why?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 20:59 - May 22 with 583 viewsSpruceMoose

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 20:50 - May 22 by StokieBlue

This is pretty horrible stuff Harry. What comparison do you feel is there to be made?

Yes they are both respiratory viruses but that is about where the comparison ends. You've been told this numerous times yet you keep trying to push some form of equivalence where none exists.

Would you like to explain why?

SB

Generalised insanity?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024