Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system 12:04 - May 22 with 7673 viewsHarry_Palmer

Maybe those people going to the beach to get fresh air and sunshine rather than staying indoors aren't quite as stupid as they seemed.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200521-can-staying-inside-weaken-the-immune
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:06 - May 22 with 3395 viewsDanTheMan

You can go outside without going to a crowded beach. I went out today and managed to avoid going to Skegness.

So they're still stupid.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:06 - May 22 with 3385 viewsfooters

You know what else can weaken the immune system? Coronavirus.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:07 - May 22 with 3371 viewsSpruceMoose

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:06 - May 22 by footers

You know what can strengthen it too? Vaccines.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:09 - May 22 with 3351 viewsKeno

oh no, they very much as stupid as they seem!!

As Baldrick would so eloquently put it more stupid than someone who is really stupid being the most stupid they could be

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:11 - May 22 with 3327 viewsfooters

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:07 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

Vaccines? No thanks. I don't want to catch autism.

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:13 - May 22 with 3309 viewsFixed_It

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:06 - May 22 by DanTheMan

You can go outside without going to a crowded beach. I went out today and managed to avoid going to Skegness.

So they're still stupid.

Jeez - you were lucky!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:13 - May 22 with 3306 viewsMr_J

Getting fresh air and sunshine is not a problem in itself.

It's load of feckwit room temperature IQs all gathering in the same place spreading a potentially deadly virus that is the problem.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:14 - May 22 with 3293 viewsHarry_Palmer

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:06 - May 22 by footers

Yes and of course sitting on a beach in the fresh air guarantees you will catch it, whilst staying at home all day guarantees you won't.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11686/11991666/adrian-mariappa-watford-d

"It's quite scary how you can feel absolutely fine and not really have left the house, and yet still get the virus,"
Login to get fewer ads

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:15 - May 22 with 3290 viewsDanTheMan

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:13 - May 22 by Fixed_It

Jeez - you were lucky!

It was only through sheer luck I didn't get into my car, drive all the way there and then spend the whole day there.

Every day is truly a struggle when one could accidentally get there.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:15 - May 22 with 3282 viewsfooters

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:14 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

Yes and of course sitting on a beach in the fresh air guarantees you will catch it, whilst staying at home all day guarantees you won't.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11686/11991666/adrian-mariappa-watford-d

"It's quite scary how you can feel absolutely fine and not really have left the house, and yet still get the virus,"

I'm agoraphobic. Leaving the house wouldn't do me any good at all.

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:17 - May 22 with 3266 viewsSpruceMoose

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:14 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

He's probably leaving the part out where he nipped over to Kyle Walkers house.

Obviously the 'not really have left the house' is the important part. Not really leaving the house could include going to the beach.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 12:19]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:19 - May 22 with 3250 viewsgiant_stow

Normally you talk poo poo*, but I humbly suggest you may have a point this time.

love and kisses.

*albeit fiercely / finely argued poo poo
[Post edited 22 May 2020 12:20]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:20 - May 22 with 3237 viewsFixed_It

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:15 - May 22 by DanTheMan

It was only through sheer luck I didn't get into my car, drive all the way there and then spend the whole day there.

Every day is truly a struggle when one could accidentally get there.

Yeah. My car is pulling slightly to the left. I need to get my tyres checked or the same fate could happen to me...
[Post edited 22 May 2020 12:23]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:21 - May 22 with 3232 viewsSpruceMoose

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:19 - May 22 by giant_stow

Normally you talk poo poo*, but I humbly suggest you may have a point this time.

love and kisses.

Well you agreeing with him has just destroyed his argument

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:23 - May 22 with 3215 viewsgiant_stow

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:21 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

Well you agreeing with him has just destroyed his argument

Yes indeed - sorry Harry.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:24 - May 22 with 3210 viewsBlueBadger

Not getting your jabs will also do that as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:28 - May 22 with 3197 viewsBrianTablet

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:15 - May 22 by footers

I'm agoraphobic. Leaving the house wouldn't do me any good at all.

Other kinds of wool are available.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:28 - May 22 with 3194 viewsKeno

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:07 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

as bands go they are ok, but claiming their music can cure untold health issue is stretching things a bit

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:30 - May 22 with 3187 viewsGuthrum

Which is fine, but we were allowed to go out anyway.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:36 - May 22 with 3182 viewsHarry_Palmer

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:24 - May 22 by BlueBadger

Not getting your jabs will also do that as well.

I must be really lucky then, seeing as I haven't had a vaccine in about 30 years and have also not been sick barring the odd cold in all that time. Pure luck though, nothing to do with investing in a healthy lifestyle.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:39 - May 22 with 3164 viewsHarry_Palmer

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:19 - May 22 by giant_stow

love and kisses.

Err thanks.....I think.

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:40 - May 22 with 3160 viewsSpruceMoose

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:36 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

I must be really lucky then, seeing as I haven't had a vaccine in about 30 years and have also not been sick barring the odd cold in all that time. Pure luck though, nothing to do with investing in a healthy lifestyle.

You're just lucky most people aren't so ridiculous/selfish. That's what you're benefiting from. An apple a day hasn't made you resistant to smallpox.

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:44 - May 22 with 3153 viewsBlueBadger

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:36 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

Yep. You were lucky your parents weren't as stupid as you and got you vaccinated against most preventable things.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:47 - May 22 with 3135 viewsStokieBlue

It's not pure luck.

You are living off the herd immunity made possible by others having their vaccines. You should be thanking everyone on this forum who has had them.

Healthy lifestyle may help but it doesn't stop you getting horrible viruses if you are exposed to them - that's nonsense. You could be the healthiest human that ever lived but if you are exposed to a nasty virus or disease you are still going to get it.

SB
[Post edited 22 May 2020 12:51]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:49 - May 22 with 3128 viewsHarry_Palmer

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:44 - May 22 by BlueBadger

Yep. You were lucky your parents weren't as stupid as you and got you vaccinated against most preventable things.

They did albeit at the time the schedule was significantly less than it is today. Its also rather strange that I had Measles, Mumps, and Rubella as a child despite being vaccinated against them. I'm sure getting the actual illnesses had nothing to do with building immunity though, it would have been the jabs that didn't work that did it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024