Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now 15:57 - May 22 with 2023 viewsNewcyBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/may/22/ministers-rejected-school-reop

The reopening of schools for reception, year 1, and year 6 was not a scenario given.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 16:00 - May 22 with 1598 viewsmonytowbray

Trust The Science.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 16:03 - May 22 with 1585 viewsm14_blue

No wonder there’s been so little transparency throughout.

The reckoning for this will be severe and I wouldn’t want to be Boris when it comes.
They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 16:08 - May 22 with 1553 viewsmonytowbray

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 16:03 - May 22 by m14_blue

The reckoning for this will be severe and I wouldn’t want to be Boris when it comes.

It’s comedy gold at this point. The board Tories would rather go silent than face their opinions/change them.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 16:10 - May 22 with 1543 viewsBlueBadger

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 16:03 - May 22 by m14_blue

Boris will just try to brazen it out and blame the last Labour government, remoaners and the EU.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 16:10 - May 22 with 1548 viewshomer_123

You see, this really, really annoys me.

"...instead settled on their plan for a widespread reopening on 1 June."

Now - I have had the same discussion with the Head of our kids local primary school. Boris made it crystal clear that school would re-open 'from' the 1 June - not on.

Yet, everyone seems to have planned on it all happening on the 1st. I asked our Head and her response was - well, that's the guidance, when clearly, very clearly it wasn't nor has it ever been.

I appreciate and understand this point is somewhat away from the OP Newcy and apologies for this - not trying to hijack your thread.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 16:10 - May 22 with 1544 viewsNewcyBlue

They’re just getting everything wrong.

U turn after u turn.

Thankfully Starmer is strong opposition.

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 16:17 - May 22 with 1529 viewsNewcyBlue

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 16:10 - May 22 by homer_123

You see, this really, really annoys me.

"...instead settled on their plan for a widespread reopening on 1 June."

Now - I have had the same discussion with the Head of our kids local primary school. Boris made it crystal clear that school would re-open 'from' the 1 June - not on.

Yet, everyone seems to have planned on it all happening on the 1st. I asked our Head and her response was - well, that's the guidance, when clearly, very clearly it wasn't nor has it ever been.

I appreciate and understand this point is somewhat away from the OP Newcy and apologies for this - not trying to hijack your thread.

No apologies necessary.

I remember that it was announced that schools may begin to reopen from 1st June.

Not that they will open on 1st June.

Of course, I would be interested to hear what a local authority had been told on the matter.

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 17:07 - May 22 with 1445 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sage Against The Machine.

Ooops!!!! Wrong thread.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 17:24 - May 22 with 1423 viewsThe_Last_Baron

/// Left wing echo chamber threat alert ///

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 17:33 - May 22 with 1406 viewsBluefish

I had a catch up with the head today in my chair of governors capacity to ask how the staff and parents were reacting to returning. Not a single member of staff is against it and 124 children have replied to say they be will be returning, the year group is 133. Not quite the story the unions and the media want you to believe.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 17:39 - May 22 with 1391 viewsDanTheMan

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 17:24 - May 22 by The_Last_Baron

You could try offering an alternative view.

Just a thought.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 17:42 - May 22 with 1382 viewsNewcyBlue

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 17:33 - May 22 by Bluefish

I had a catch up with the head today in my chair of governors capacity to ask how the staff and parents were reacting to returning. Not a single member of staff is against it and 124 children have replied to say they be will be returning, the year group is 133. Not quite the story the unions and the media want you to believe.

The North East is still battling the virus.

Your post still doesn’t do anything to answer the point in the OP that the government aren’t following any science. They’re ignoring SAGE.

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:01 - May 22 with 1336 viewsm14_blue

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 17:33 - May 22 by Bluefish

Either your head is bullsh1tting you or that school is so much of an outlier that he must be the Demon Headmaster.

If 123 kids turn up on the first day I’ll post FOPRP at midnight every day for a month.
They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:03 - May 22 with 1325 viewsBluefish

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:01 - May 22 by m14_blue

Either your head is bullsh1tting you or that school is so much of an outlier that he must be the Demon Headmaster.

If 123 kids turn up on the first day I’ll post FOPRP at midnight every day for a month.

Or you are not as well connected and believe any of sh*t

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:09 - May 22 with 1311 viewsm14_blue

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:03 - May 22 by Bluefish

Or you are not as well connected and believe any of sh*t

I dunno, my wife is a year 1 teacher and most of her friends are primary school teachers, my work involves an education element where I’m in touch with many teachers most days and my mother in law works for the LEA.

They all without exception have reservations and wholeheartedly support the unions (albeit most of them will of course continue to go to work as they have done throughout.

Now things are still bad where I live and ahead of the national curve so maybe it varies by region or maybe you’re just another gullible out of touch governor who’s being fobbed off? Time will tell I guess.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 18:12]
They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:41 - May 22 with 1280 viewsBluefish

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:09 - May 22 by m14_blue

I dunno, my wife is a year 1 teacher and most of her friends are primary school teachers, my work involves an education element where I’m in touch with many teachers most days and my mother in law works for the LEA.

They all without exception have reservations and wholeheartedly support the unions (albeit most of them will of course continue to go to work as they have done throughout.

Now things are still bad where I live and ahead of the national curve so maybe it varies by region or maybe you’re just another gullible out of touch governor who’s being fobbed off? Time will tell I guess.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 18:12]

Lol yes very out of touch with my direct reporting with the head, the trust board and national governor network.

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:43 - May 22 with 1282 viewsBlueBadger

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 17:24 - May 22 by The_Last_Baron

*blindly defending incompetent thickos because they're his 'team' klaxon*
[Post edited 22 May 2020 18:44]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:44 - May 22 with 1279 viewsBlueBadger

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 17:39 - May 22 by DanTheMan

You could try offering an alternative view.

Just a thought.

Given that Glasers and Fishers, to name but two, are pointing out how stupid this is or mocking it, it's an even dafter observation as well.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 18:45]

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:53 - May 22 with 1259 viewsm14_blue

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:41 - May 22 by Bluefish

Lol yes very out of touch with my direct reporting with the head, the trust board and national governor network.

😂😂😂 wow, with contacts like that you sound like you’ll have a definite idea of what those at the coal face are thinking. Consider me chastised though, it all sounds terribly important so I shall tell my wife and her colleagues it’s all fine now.

Anyway, I don’t have a problem with schools going back, it’s important for economic reasons even if completely pointless for educational ones.

If the numbers at your school really are anything like that then congratulations and I’ll look forward to your report of how many kids turn up on day 1.
They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:55 - May 22 with 1252 viewsBluefish

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:53 - May 22 by m14_blue

😂😂😂 wow, with contacts like that you sound like you’ll have a definite idea of what those at the coal face are thinking. Consider me chastised though, it all sounds terribly important so I shall tell my wife and her colleagues it’s all fine now.

Anyway, I don’t have a problem with schools going back, it’s important for economic reasons even if completely pointless for educational ones.

If the numbers at your school really are anything like that then congratulations and I’ll look forward to your report of how many kids turn up on day 1.

You have basically given an argument that a shop floor worker at Rolls Royce will know more than the exec board.

I'll let you know how many. We also have 75 key worker kids from other years. Not bad for a junior school of 512

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:56 - May 22 with 1251 viewsDubtractor

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:41 - May 22 by Bluefish

With all due respect, you are getting news through a very positive filter with those contacts.

My mrs is a teacher, and we have several teacher friends. Without exception all of them are hugely uncomfortable about this return, but all will do their job regardless.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:59 - May 22 with 1229 viewsGirthyguy

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 17:42 - May 22 by NewcyBlue

The North East is still battling the virus.

Your post still doesn’t do anything to answer the point in the OP that the government aren’t following any science. They’re ignoring SAGE.

It's all about London though they seem to be over the worst. Boris and his cronies have had it so don't care. Country is open f**k the rest is the attitude they have.
They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 19:00 - May 22 with 1228 viewsm14_blue

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:55 - May 22 by Bluefish

You have basically given an argument that a shop floor worker at Rolls Royce will know more than the exec board.

I'll let you know how many. We also have 75 key worker kids from other years. Not bad for a junior school of 512

I’m saying that a shop floor worker would know more about morale among shop floor workers than the exec board would, yes.

EDIT: yes, 75 is very impressive and far more than the schools I know of round here.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 19:03]
They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 19:03 - May 22 with 1211 viewsNewcyBlue

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 18:55 - May 22 by Bluefish

I’m sure you like to give the deputy head...

They’re just completely disregarding the SAGE advice now on 19:09 - May 22 with 1198 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's not a competition.

Good to hear you're in a position to open the school that all the stakeholders are happy with. The feelings around this are going to different for different areas and different schools. Others might not be so keen based on what's happening in their area or based on preparations their school has or hasn't put in place.

Also, the views of the parents/teachers/governors for any one school that is happy to return now are utterly irrelevant to the point of the post, which was about the science case for returning.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 20:25]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024