Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown 21:00 - May 22 with 3378 viewsSteve_M

I wonder what will happen here:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/22/dominic-cummings-durham-trip-co
[Post edited 22 May 2020 21:06]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 09:26 - May 23 with 500 viewsLankHenners

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 09:12 - May 23 by pointofblue

My concern is if Cummings does resign he’ll still have Johnson’s ear - just the link will be even more hidden that it is now.

As an aside, reading Laura Kuenssberg’s twitter thread I’m not sure what she has done wrong exactly? Quoting what the alleged person, or their PR people, is saying about an accusation is standard journalism. And actually there’s a key line in her Twitter account which people should leap upon “A small number in No 10 knew that Cummings had gone to Durham” - who are they and why didn’t they stop him? I did wonder whether Johnson knew but I think this was during the time he was sick himself. But the issue both Kuenssberg especially but, to an extent, Peston have is they have to Tweet what they’ve heard and learned rather than opinions.

That would hold more weight if they didn’t have previous for stating something a source told them without checking if it was true and ending up spreading a total lie.

Anyway, it’s not a journalist’s job to just repeat what someone told them, it’s to listen to what they’ve been told then find out if it’s true or not.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 09:42 - May 23 with 481 viewspointofblue

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 09:26 - May 23 by Plums

The BBC used to need three sources before running a story. It would appear that there is now only one (the same) source needed for stories from Downing Street.

It’s not running a story, it’s stating a response. Saying that I accept the tweet should be phrased better as, as it is, it looks likely it’s stating a fact rather than a counter-claim. “Source close to Cummings claim a few in No 10 knew and he lived separately without seeing his parents. Travelled there for sister to care for children” says the same thing without making it factual. It’d have also helped her if she had put something like “No comment on if they stopped on the way”, “Stated they did not stop on the way” or “Trying to found out of they stopped on the way”.

The purpose of the tweet is fair but I would agree that the phrasing is off.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 10:11 - May 23 with 451 viewsfactual_blue

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 09:12 - May 23 by pointofblue

My concern is if Cummings does resign he’ll still have Johnson’s ear - just the link will be even more hidden that it is now.

As an aside, reading Laura Kuenssberg’s twitter thread I’m not sure what she has done wrong exactly? Quoting what the alleged person, or their PR people, is saying about an accusation is standard journalism. And actually there’s a key line in her Twitter account which people should leap upon “A small number in No 10 knew that Cummings had gone to Durham” - who are they and why didn’t they stop him? I did wonder whether Johnson knew but I think this was during the time he was sick himself. But the issue both Kuenssberg especially but, to an extent, Peston have is they have to Tweet what they’ve heard and learned rather than opinions.

If he goes, then he'll no longer have security clearance to read Cabinet papers. If boris were to give those to cummings, then he'd have to resign.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 10:16 - May 23 with 438 viewspointofblue

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 10:11 - May 23 by factual_blue

If he goes, then he'll no longer have security clearance to read Cabinet papers. If boris were to give those to cummings, then he'd have to resign.

I don’t think a little thing like laws or regulations will bother them too much, somehow.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 12:45 - May 23 with 393 viewsBlueBadger

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 00:37 - May 23 by factual_blue

The newspapers will have broken the story as late as possible to keep it an exclusive. The first editions come out at about 10.00 pm.

Anyway, 'a friend of dom' (ie dom) has said it's fake news from the Guardian.

I'm sure they'll be eagerly waiting for your writ dommers old chap.

In all fairness, I suppose he'd recognise a made-up story when he saw one...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024