Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers 13:38 - May 24 with 2991 viewssparks

around Cummings is disgraceful.

How can they challenge him on breaching the rules, when huddled together in a frenzied crowd, getting up close and persnoal with Cummings and paying absolutely no heed to social distancing issues. If Cummings has not already had the virus (and we simply dont know with certainty tbh) he would have every right to be furious with them for putting him and themselves at risk.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 13:41 - May 24 with 1791 viewsLankHenners

Glad someone's finally calling out the real villains of the piece.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 13:43 - May 24 with 1780 viewssparks

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 13:41 - May 24 by LankHenners

Err no. Their behaviour is unacceptable (as if often the case). If they did that to me, and I had not been infected previously, I would find it extremely hard not to become seriously agressive with them.

But that says nothing at all about Cummings behaviour- or the journalism that has exposied it.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 13:43 - May 24 with 1783 viewsTrequartista

There seems to be too much focus on the alleged second trip to me which has only the evidence of people saying they think they saw him (unless i've missed futher developments) rather than focus on the fact No 10 said no-one spoke to him or his family and the police directly contradicting this. Not to mention the focus on the government's handling of the crisis overall.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:20 - May 24 with 1637 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Fair point.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:23 - May 24 with 1612 viewsmonytowbray

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 13:41 - May 24 by LankHenners

Queue the ten pager with lists of assumed stances and loaded questions that have nothing to do with the original subject again.

[Post edited 24 May 2020 15:23]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:25 - May 24 with 1600 viewsmonytowbray

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 13:43 - May 24 by Trequartista

There seems to be too much focus on the alleged second trip to me which has only the evidence of people saying they think they saw him (unless i've missed futher developments) rather than focus on the fact No 10 said no-one spoke to him or his family and the police directly contradicting this. Not to mention the focus on the government's handling of the crisis overall.

The third trip is my favourite. The one they're probably begging him to resign over at Number 10 right now before Pippa throws the next knife and damages their reputation further.

Game over Cummings, you utter prick... by monytowbray 23 May 2020 23:46
Don’t let them gaslight you tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/iamsimonyoung/status/1259591486523486209

https://twitter.com/walla81/status/1259470770750849026

The smoking gun.

TWTD never forgets…

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:26 - May 24 with 1592 viewsNewcyBlue

That’s a fair point Sparks.

The footage from yesterday concerned me as I was worried that his child might be with him. As always I believe there is a time and a place.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:27 - May 24 with 1587 viewsmonytowbray

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:26 - May 24 by NewcyBlue

That’s a fair point Sparks.

The footage from yesterday concerned me as I was worried that his child might be with him. As always I believe there is a time and a place.

There are multiple times and places for it if you are Dominic Cummings.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:29 - May 24 with 1578 viewsghostofescobar

The actions of others now doesn’t change the facts of what Cummings did or didn’t do in the past, not a jot, no matter how idiotic the press may be at the moment.

GhostOfEscobar

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:29 - May 24 with 1577 viewsNewcyBlue

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:27 - May 24 by monytowbray

There are multiple times and places for it if you are Dominic Cummings.

I’m happy enough for Cummings to be shown how annoyed people are at him. There’s a time and a place, and that place in my opinion is never in front of children.

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:34 - May 24 with 1551 viewsmonytowbray

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:29 - May 24 by ghostofescobar

The actions of others now doesn’t change the facts of what Cummings did or didn’t do in the past, not a jot, no matter how idiotic the press may be at the moment.

This thread summarised really...

What this whole saga really needs right now is the centralist take and whataboutery to arm the right wing with the arguments they can't think of themselves. A bit like TWTD and a certain lead with the "Political Point Scoring" remarks a couple of months back.

TWTD never forgets…

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:35 - May 24 with 1543 viewsNewcyBlue

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:34 - May 24 by monytowbray

This thread summarised really...

What this whole saga really needs right now is the centralist take and whataboutery to arm the right wing with the arguments they can't think of themselves. A bit like TWTD and a certain lead with the "Political Point Scoring" remarks a couple of months back.

The pressure should be kept up on the government and Cummings.

But it needs to be done with integrity. We cannot give up integrity, and go down and fight on their level.

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:37 - May 24 with 1540 viewsmonytowbray

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:29 - May 24 by NewcyBlue

I’m happy enough for Cummings to be shown how annoyed people are at him. There’s a time and a place, and that place in my opinion is never in front of children.

Often they like to drag their kids into it for the sympathy angle though.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/jacob-rees-mogg-12-year-20655510

I might start taking my daughter to all uncomfortable life events where I have to take some responsibility and get some stick.

TWTD never forgets…

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:38 - May 24 with 1531 viewsmonytowbray

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:35 - May 24 by NewcyBlue

The pressure should be kept up on the government and Cummings.

But it needs to be done with integrity. We cannot give up integrity, and go down and fight on their level.

I agree. But also WHAT YOU REAP IS WHAT YOU SOW comes to mind with Cummings.

TWTD never forgets…

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:39 - May 24 with 1525 viewsNewcyBlue

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:37 - May 24 by monytowbray

Often they like to drag their kids into it for the sympathy angle though.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/jacob-rees-mogg-12-year-20655510

I might start taking my daughter to all uncomfortable life events where I have to take some responsibility and get some stick.

Diane Abbott is correct here. It goes both ways. Let’s show some integrity and leave the kid out of all this.

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:40 - May 24 with 1513 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can somebody not call out Cummings behaviour as unacceptable and a sackable offence whilst also calling out the media scrum outside his family home?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:42 - May 24 with 1505 viewsmonytowbray

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:39 - May 24 by NewcyBlue

Diane Abbott is correct here. It goes both ways. Let’s show some integrity and leave the kid out of all this.

In defence, he did drag his child into it. Was convenient as political cannon fodder.

TWTD never forgets…

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:43 - May 24 with 1499 viewsmonytowbray

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:40 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

Can somebody not call out Cummings behaviour as unacceptable and a sackable offence whilst also calling out the media scrum outside his family home?

Well I can't be critical of our failed handling of the pandemic without "revelling in the death toll" apparently so you've changed your tune.

TWTD never forgets…

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:44 - May 24 with 1488 viewsNewcyBlue

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:42 - May 24 by monytowbray

In defence, he did drag his child into it. Was convenient as political cannon fodder.

Yep, he did bring his kids into it. The Tories tweeting about it too.

But it doesn’t mean that his kid should the focus here. The focus needs to remain on the man himself. His wife too for that spectator article.

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:46 - May 24 with 1482 viewsmonytowbray

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:44 - May 24 by NewcyBlue

Yep, he did bring his kids into it. The Tories tweeting about it too.

But it doesn’t mean that his kid should the focus here. The focus needs to remain on the man himself. His wife too for that spectator article.

I mean the kid is kind of just there though right? It's not like he's being interviewed and torn apart by the press.

TWTD never forgets…

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:47 - May 24 with 1477 viewsNewcyBlue

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:46 - May 24 by monytowbray

I mean the kid is kind of just there though right? It's not like he's being interviewed and torn apart by the press.

Yeah I understand that.

I just think that when the kids are about there should be some decorum.

How is your daughter by the way? All well there I hope?

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:50 - May 24 with 1466 viewsmonytowbray

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:47 - May 24 by NewcyBlue

Yeah I understand that.

I just think that when the kids are about there should be some decorum.

How is your daughter by the way? All well there I hope?

Yeah it's a hard one. But at the same time the crimes Cummings has committed talking about the child and the press feels like distracting from the issue. Particularly from posters who said stuff like "now is not the time to criticise, only after" in relation to the COVID handling on the whole,

She's okay. Out in the sticks some way in a small town of 2,000 luckily.

TWTD never forgets…

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:54 - May 24 with 1442 viewsLankHenners

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:40 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

You can do whatever you want but I was making light of the OP's assertion that the press have somehow lost all credibility by a few of them not being completely sensible when rushing to get a quote from Cummings.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:57 - May 24 with 1426 viewsmonytowbray

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:54 - May 24 by LankHenners

You can do whatever you want but I was making light of the OP's assertion that the press have somehow lost all credibility by a few of them not being completely sensible when rushing to get a quote from Cummings.

They've done more in a weekend than Laura K has done through her entire BBC career.

TWTD never forgets…

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 17:13 - May 24 with 1351 viewssparks

Looking at the coverage- the behaviour of journos and photographers on 15:54 - May 24 by LankHenners

Thats an intriguiing summary of the OP.

Intriguiing in the sense that it bears no resemblence whatsoever to what was written.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024