Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Complete contempt for the public who voted for them 17:33 - May 24 with 694 viewsnoggin

Unbelievable.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Complete contempt for the public who voted for them on 17:40 - May 24 with 674 viewsClapham_Junction

The sad thing is that I think many of them will still lap it up or double down, claiming that this is only an issue for the 'biased MSM'. The few Tories and right-wing commentators that have deviated from the line have received similar responses to Piers Morgan when he managed to talk a bit of sense.

The comments on that Evening Star article someone posted the other day sum up the current state of politics in England - claiming that the Star represented the 'elite' is a mind-bending take on things, but apparently how some people think...
Complete contempt for the public who voted for them on 17:42 - May 24 with 639 viewsShawsey

They don't and never will care about the "ordinary person".
Complete contempt for the public who voted for them on 17:44 - May 24 with 632 viewsSpruceMoose

Complete contempt for the public who voted for them on 17:42 - May 24 by Shawsey

They don't and never will care about the "ordinary person".

It's a Conservative feature not a bug, but the muppets who consistently vote for them always somehow think it won't apply to them.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Complete contempt for the public who voted for them on 17:52 - May 24 with 583 viewsBrianTablet

Yes, I have too.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Complete contempt for the public who voted for them on 17:57 - May 24 with 575 viewsLankHenners

Complete contempt for the public who voted for them on 17:40 - May 24 by Clapham_Junction

The sad thing is that I think many of them will still lap it up or double down, claiming that this is only an issue for the 'biased MSM'. The few Tories and right-wing commentators that have deviated from the line have received similar responses to Piers Morgan when he managed to talk a bit of sense.

The comments on that Evening Star article someone posted the other day sum up the current state of politics in England - claiming that the Star represented the 'elite' is a mind-bending take on things, but apparently how some people think...

Sadly that is probably correct. They were caught in a tangle of lies and just denied it and plowed on ahead and will get away with it. They'll survive this which they'll mean they will survive anything.

For all the liberal posturing of 'they've lost the right to ever tell others they're out of touch again' etc., they'll just keep on keeping on. This is the Trump test essentially. It didn't work with him when he was continually 'exposed' for his lies and hypocrisy, and this government are now putting the final block in place for the same thing over here.

I'd like to think this will be a watershed moment for a lot of people but I doubt it for the reasons you give. The government have too many people both among the electorate and in sections of the media happy to go to bat for them for none of this to matter when it counts. By the time the next election comes around this scandal will have been memory-holed and it'll be business as usual.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024