Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? 18:23 - May 24 with 10110 viewsMaySixth

Not loaded, not trolling, genuinely interested.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:26 - May 24 with 4931 viewsChondzoresk

I’ll be honest. My wife and I voted for them. Never again. We are disgusted. Arrogance, ineptitude and zero morals. We are changing next GE.
If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:26 - May 24 with 4916 viewsdickie

Irrespective of the state of the Labour Party at the election
If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:27 - May 24 with 4904 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:26 - May 24 by dickie

Irrespective of the state of the Labour Party at the election

Indeed, there are always other options.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:27 - May 24 with 4905 viewsBlueBadger

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:26 - May 24 by Chondzoresk

I’ll be honest. My wife and I voted for them. Never again. We are disgusted. Arrogance, ineptitude and zero morals. We are changing next GE.

Genuinely curious, not trying to sound like I'm having a go, but WHY?

All of this was plainly in evidence for a number of years already.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 18:30]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:28 - May 24 with 4889 viewsfooters

Mother's a dyed in the wool Tory and she called Johnson a cnt on the phone earlier. She also never swears. Hopefully that's some barometer to how the nation's feeling.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:29 - May 24 with 4867 viewsMaySixth

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:26 - May 24 by Chondzoresk

Fair enough.

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:29 - May 24 with 4863 viewsMaySixth

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:27 - May 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed, there are always other options.

Yes.

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:31 - May 24 with 4852 viewsjeera

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:28 - May 24 by footers

Mother's a dyed in the wool Tory and she called Johnson a cnt on the phone earlier. She also never swears. Hopefully that's some barometer to how the nation's feeling.

Your mother has Johnson's number?

Don't s'pose she wants to share it by any chance?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:32 - May 24 with 4833 viewsfooters

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:31 - May 24 by jeera

Your mother has Johnson's number?

Don't s'pose she wants to share it by any chance?

She has many male visitors (appointments by request via PM) but don't think he's on the books. And if he is, then he hasn't paid - but that wouldn't surprise me either.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:34 - May 24 with 4820 viewsChondzoresk

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:27 - May 24 by BlueBadger

Last time I voted for Labour was 1997 I think. So, I suppose it was habit. Also Corbyn worried me too. Haven’t seen enough of Starmer yet, but he seems alright. Time will tell, but fed up of Johnson already.
If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:37 - May 24 with 4798 viewsclive_baker

I couldn’t bring myself to vote for Johnson or Corbyn in December, for different reasons. As a result I voted Green. Climate change was and still is the single biggest issue that we face as a human race IMO, so I thought I could do my bit to drive that agenda. It’s regrettable that Labour wasted so long under Corbyn and he didn’t fall on his sword sooner, which might have done something to prevent this huge Tory majority and arrogance that’s ensued.

I know I’m in the minority but there’s elements of this regime that have been positive since Covid, namely the financial measures put in place to help families and businesses. Sunak was quite impressive. The medical advice and science has been clear and well delivered by Chris Whitty and co (after the initial herd immunity pivot). But the clarity of message has been shocking at times, and clear leadership vacuum. The response to this Cummings stuff, and decisions made with regards to releasing 15,000 people from hospital back care homes to free up beds, without testing them first is beyond embarrassing, it’s insulting, fraudulent, hypocritical, scandalous and deplorable.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

They could be the best government in history..... on 18:43 - May 24 with 4785 viewsBloots

….but having Priti Patel as your MP takes away the option of voting for them immediately.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Boris OUT (n/t) on 18:51 - May 24 with 4736 viewsSwansea_Blue

They could be the best government in history..... on 18:43 - May 24 by Bloots

….but having Priti Patel as your MP takes away the option of voting for them immediately.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 19:11 - May 24 with 4656 viewsMaySixth

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:27 - May 24 by BlueBadger

People see things in different ways.

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 19:11 - May 24 with 4654 viewsMaySixth

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:28 - May 24 by footers

#insight

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 19:14 - May 24 with 4642 viewsMaySixth

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:34 - May 24 by Chondzoresk

Last time I voted for Labour was 1997 I think. So, I suppose it was habit. Also Corbyn worried me too. Haven’t seen enough of Starmer yet, but he seems alright. Time will tell, but fed up of Johnson already.

Corbyn was a bloody awful leader IMO but he was what we had at the time unfortunately.

Starmer needs to keep up the good work but has a huge challenge ahead.

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 19:33 - May 24 with 4552 viewsChrisd

I voted Tory sadly, but at that time it was a best of a very bad bunch. Boris has left the door massively ajar now for Labour, Keir Starmer really needs to burst right through it. This is a huge opportunity.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 20:24]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 19:55 - May 24 with 4507 viewsBloomBlue

All governments have good and bad things about them, I've seen so many but I've never seen a perfect one and i never expect one to be perfect because no individual or group has ever perfect. The important thing for me is the best pieces are greater than the bad pieces. I think they've done a lot right so far and in the end you have to vote on what is available and at the last GE Labour wasn't a an option especially Corbyn's inability to make a decision. After the shltshower on Blair and Brown, Labour had a chance to change but the Labour membership picked the wrong leader.
Starmer has started well but we'll have to see what his policies are, you aren't going to win a GE purely on asking questions.
Plus in 4+ years things will be different ie will a party want to take us back into the EU and adopting the Euro?
If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 20:14 - May 24 with 4455 viewsEwan_Oozami

I'm in a totally safe Tory seat, so it doesn't matter what I vote.

What are your thoughts on proportional representation?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 20:18 - May 24 with 4431 viewsGlasgowBlue

I didn't vote Tory last election because I resigned from the Tory party in 2017 out of disgust for May doing a deal with the DUP.

I previously voted Tory in 83, 87 and 92 as I belived the Tories offered the policies that were best for the country.

In 97, 02 and 05 I voted Tory purely for misguided tribal reasons. Blair was always going to be a far better PM that Hague (at the time) IDS, and Howard. Thinking back it was extremely misguided illogical tribalism.

20 and 2015 because I believed the Tories had the best plan to get the economy back on course after the crash. 2017 reluctantly but the alternative was Corbyn which was far worse.

I would have voted Lib Dem in December but I thought the campaign was appalling and it was a case of a pox on all your houses.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 20:20 - May 24 with 4426 viewsShawsey

Never have, never will. They do not give a to$$ about the working class.
If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 20:25 - May 24 with 4388 viewsGlasgowBlue

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 20:14 - May 24 by Ewan_Oozami

I'm in a totally safe Tory seat, so it doesn't matter what I vote.

What are your thoughts on proportional representation?

It's the only fair and democratic system to elect a government. Hence the big two will never allow it.

An alternative would be two elect a third of the HOC every two years for a fixed term of four years.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 20:51 - May 24 with 4317 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 20:18 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

I didn't vote Tory last election because I resigned from the Tory party in 2017 out of disgust for May doing a deal with the DUP.

I previously voted Tory in 83, 87 and 92 as I belived the Tories offered the policies that were best for the country.

In 97, 02 and 05 I voted Tory purely for misguided tribal reasons. Blair was always going to be a far better PM that Hague (at the time) IDS, and Howard. Thinking back it was extremely misguided illogical tribalism.

20 and 2015 because I believed the Tories had the best plan to get the economy back on course after the crash. 2017 reluctantly but the alternative was Corbyn which was far worse.

I would have voted Lib Dem in December but I thought the campaign was appalling and it was a case of a pox on all your houses.

That's very honest of you GB. There is much I disagree with you on but the fact you can recognise misguided tribalism in yourself means you have just gained a lot of respect in my eyes.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 21:20 - May 24 with 4248 viewspablovian

Why was this posted as a football thread?
If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 21:42 - May 24 with 4192 viewsjeera

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 21:20 - May 24 by pablovian

Why was this posted as a football thread?

Lack of football news atm?

Pads it out a bit.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024