Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football posts 19:08 - May 24 with 4163 viewsIpswichKnight

Can we please keep this part of the forum news free, some of us come on here to take break from the news, we have a general forum for news and it’s not difficult to put posts in the right forum.
Football posts (n/t) on 23:49 - May 24 with 4047 viewsEpiphone

[Post edited 25 May 2020 0:11]
Football posts on 23:52 - May 24 with 4038 viewsmonytowbray

Sorry I hit the wrong button earlier on my phone.

Blame Gav, I’ve wanted a responsive site for ages!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Football posts on 01:25 - May 25 with 3991 viewsstonojnr

yeah I came to see what everyones views of the 50th fa cup greatest moments MotD was, Ipswich werent #1 btw in case you were wondering, or more reminiscing of 20 years ago on the build up to the playoff final...instead Im wading through 20 pages of endless duplicated threads about politics again it seems

Ive mentioned before that TWTD is a football forum first and foremost, thats its origins, thats why it exists in the first place, we are supposed to be here to discuss football primarily around Ipswich Town Football Club,any other topic is up for discussion of course as the forum rules allow but tag your posts appropriately.

though part of me thinks maybe its time we should introduce a new rule that says 75% of your posts, should be football related at all times.as it does feel like alot of people just use this as a forum now to discuss anything but football. and no I wouldnt count the endless Lambert in or out thread spawning as football related either.
Football posts on 01:37 - May 25 with 3980 viewscatch74

Football posts on 23:52 - May 24 by monytowbray

Sorry I hit the wrong button earlier on my phone.

Blame Gav, I’ve wanted a responsive site for ages!

It’s ok Callis, you were just using your poster instinct.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Football posts on 01:37 - May 25 with 3976 viewsmonytowbray

Football posts on 01:25 - May 25 by stonojnr

yeah I came to see what everyones views of the 50th fa cup greatest moments MotD was, Ipswich werent #1 btw in case you were wondering, or more reminiscing of 20 years ago on the build up to the playoff final...instead Im wading through 20 pages of endless duplicated threads about politics again it seems

Ive mentioned before that TWTD is a football forum first and foremost, thats its origins, thats why it exists in the first place, we are supposed to be here to discuss football primarily around Ipswich Town Football Club,any other topic is up for discussion of course as the forum rules allow but tag your posts appropriately.

though part of me thinks maybe its time we should introduce a new rule that says 75% of your posts, should be football related at all times.as it does feel like alot of people just use this as a forum now to discuss anything but football. and no I wouldnt count the endless Lambert in or out thread spawning as football related either.

There’s always the comments section lot if you’re THAT bothered by us...

TWTD never forgets…

Football posts on 01:46 - May 25 with 3971 viewsSpruceMoose

I don't think you should attempt to police what 90% of the forum seem perfectly happy discussing.

There's already a forum just for football talk, what more do you want? I imagine right now it's all about Bundesliga, fantasy football kits and Lambert Out posts. Given the situation there's not much to discuss is there? However, perhaps you could try and get some kind of interesting chat going on in there, rather than moaning about general chat in the general forum?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Football posts on 02:33 - May 25 with 3949 viewsjeera

That's not even true.

I've just looked at the football only posts and it looks like every single one is football related in some way or another.

You have literally made that up to have a moan.

Unless after all this time you still haven't discovered there is a football only tab, which isn't anyone else's fault.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Football posts on 04:37 - May 25 with 3926 viewspablovian

Football posts on 02:33 - May 25 by jeera

That's not even true.

I've just looked at the football only posts and it looks like every single one is football related in some way or another.

You have literally made that up to have a moan.

Unless after all this time you still haven't discovered there is a football only tab, which isn't anyone else's fault.

The posts are presently all football related because the moderator has moved several non-football posts to the general section, which is where they should have been posted initially.

The problem is NOT a 'failure to discover the existence of a football only tab'. It is with posters who, through ignorance or carelessness, post non-football topics to the football only forum.
Login to get fewer ads

Football posts on 04:38 - May 25 with 3923 viewsgainsboroughblue

Football posts on 01:46 - May 25 by SpruceMoose

I don't think you should attempt to police what 90% of the forum seem perfectly happy discussing.

There's already a forum just for football talk, what more do you want? I imagine right now it's all about Bundesliga, fantasy football kits and Lambert Out posts. Given the situation there's not much to discuss is there? However, perhaps you could try and get some kind of interesting chat going on in there, rather than moaning about general chat in the general forum?

I think the complaint is that the football section is getting politics threads on it too. Probably unintentionally in reality to be fair.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Football posts on 09:28 - May 25 with 3821 viewsLibero

lol.
Football posts on 09:31 - May 25 with 3813 viewsGeoffSentence

You probably need to click on the 'football' link at the top of the forum.

Regarding the balance of football to other posts, well there is no football at the moment so there is less to post about, but you can see from the counts at the top that there are many more football posts than anything else.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 9:32]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Football posts on 10:02 - May 25 with 3776 viewsmonty_radio

Football posts on 09:31 - May 25 by GeoffSentence

You probably need to click on the 'football' link at the top of the forum.

Regarding the balance of football to other posts, well there is no football at the moment so there is less to post about, but you can see from the counts at the top that there are many more football posts than anything else.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 9:32]

It's perfectly true that, if you're a quick reader, you can assess the nature of the post yet, I find that the less I see of people in their tub-thumping politicised modes, the more I like everybody on here.

If I want to read of Trump v the Universe, I know where I can look. But only on here can the great matters such as Pablo v Shefki play out endlessly without the curtain falling away to reveal a commonplace discourtesy that so mars everyday social intercourse.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Football posts on 10:34 - May 25 with 3742 viewsGeoffSentence

Football posts on 10:02 - May 25 by monty_radio

It's perfectly true that, if you're a quick reader, you can assess the nature of the post yet, I find that the less I see of people in their tub-thumping politicised modes, the more I like everybody on here.

If I want to read of Trump v the Universe, I know where I can look. But only on here can the great matters such as Pablo v Shefki play out endlessly without the curtain falling away to reveal a commonplace discourtesy that so mars everyday social intercourse.

you don't need to assess any posts. Just click on the football link.

It is easy.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Football posts on 10:35 - May 25 with 3740 viewsmonytowbray

What a flounce this turned out to be.

Go on your phone and start a new thread, it’s easy to hit the wrong button.

TWTD never forgets…

Football posts on 10:40 - May 25 with 3727 viewsPinewoodblue

Football posts on 10:35 - May 25 by monytowbray

More to the point it isn’t strictly speaking a football post.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Football posts on 14:46 - May 25 with 3636 viewsjeera

Football posts on 04:37 - May 25 by pablovian

The posts are presently all football related because the moderator has moved several non-football posts to the general section, which is where they should have been posted initially.

The problem is NOT a 'failure to discover the existence of a football only tab'. It is with posters who, through ignorance or carelessness, post non-football topics to the football only forum.

"Im wading through 20 pages of endless duplicated threads about politics again it seems"

Seriously though?

I spotted 2 or 3 on there prior to those being moved. In fact there were only 2 reported that I noticed..

So not 20 pages.

There's no football atm anyway so there's little reason to complain other than boredom.

But yes, it would be helpful if the posts were kept in their rightful and proper place. We do make sometimes make mistakes however and it's nothing to get upset about.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Football posts on 14:53 - May 25 with 3614 viewsJ2BLUE

Football posts on 10:35 - May 25 by monytowbray

Fot future reference the category can be edited.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Football posts on 15:00 - May 25 with 3597 viewsTrequartista

Could you post this in the correct section please, it's nothing to do with football.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024