Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pretty worrying! 05:45 - May 25 with 1336 viewsdickie

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52790371

Still, perhaps we'll rise up the leagues by default if this worst case scenario occurs!
Pretty worrying! on 08:04 - May 25 with 1196 viewsGuthrum

His point about player wages is a good one. If the sport collapses, there will be nowhere for most of them to play, anyway.

Modern footballers may, like their forebears prior to the 1990s, have to play for the joy of the game, for fame and adulation, rather than great riches.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 8:17]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Pretty worrying! on 08:05 - May 25 with 1189 viewsArnieM

The reason football clubs will go bust is the ridiculous wages paid to their footballers .

It’s wake up time for these over paid footballers frankly ! It’s about bloody time too. I hope it results in wage reductions and wage caps throughout the entire game . The money these players get , even down to league one levels, for simply kicking a ball about is obscene , and so far out of touch of the normal working person ( which includes professional working people ) it’s just ridiculous now.

Something has to change.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Pretty worrying! on 08:14 - May 25 with 1169 viewsdickie

Pretty worrying! on 08:05 - May 25 by ArnieM

The reason football clubs will go bust is the ridiculous wages paid to their footballers .

It’s wake up time for these over paid footballers frankly ! It’s about bloody time too. I hope it results in wage reductions and wage caps throughout the entire game . The money these players get , even down to league one levels, for simply kicking a ball about is obscene , and so far out of touch of the normal working person ( which includes professional working people ) it’s just ridiculous now.

Something has to change.

I get that their career has a finite period of earning potential but you're right though. Plus a footballer could earn a lot less and still be set up for life after they've stopped playing
Pretty worrying! on 09:03 - May 25 with 1078 viewsArnieM

Pretty worrying! on 08:14 - May 25 by dickie

I get that their career has a finite period of earning potential but you're right though. Plus a footballer could earn a lot less and still be set up for life after they've stopped playing

Do you know what though, I hear things like ... “a footballer only has a short career “ stuff, all the time, and i say, “ so what!” What makes you so special, or any different from anyone else in life ? No one has a job for life , even less do these days , and the average person doesn’t get paid the mega bucks these footballers are on. I’m not even really talking about the obscene premier league pay levels, but even players in the Championship: league one who get paid more in one week than probably all on here would get paid in a year . It’s really just all out of control and wrong.

I know players have made donations etc in these bad times. But the majority of people are suffering really hard times, some being laid off, Many on zero hours contracts not even getting furloughed support, and yet these players still get their pay week in week out .

But even without these extraordinary times, the pay if professional footballers ( and managers ) is something that really needs looking at . It’s gone too far and isn’t sustainable with Sky money.

Pretty worrying! on 09:07 - May 25 with 1067 viewsGuthrum

Pretty worrying! on 09:03 - May 25 by ArnieM

Do you know what though, I hear things like ... “a footballer only has a short career “ stuff, all the time, and i say, “ so what!” What makes you so special, or any different from anyone else in life ? No one has a job for life , even less do these days , and the average person doesn’t get paid the mega bucks these footballers are on. I’m not even really talking about the obscene premier league pay levels, but even players in the Championship: league one who get paid more in one week than probably all on here would get paid in a year . It’s really just all out of control and wrong.

I know players have made donations etc in these bad times. But the majority of people are suffering really hard times, some being laid off, Many on zero hours contracts not even getting furloughed support, and yet these players still get their pay week in week out .

But even without these extraordinary times, the pay if professional footballers ( and managers ) is something that really needs looking at . It’s gone too far and isn’t sustainable with Sky money.

It's not like footballers are incapable of working after their playing days are finished. In the old days they had to.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Pretty worrying! on 09:11 - May 25 with 1054 viewsChrisd

It is, but not unexpected.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Pretty worrying! on 09:13 - May 25 with 1041 viewsChrisd

Pretty worrying! on 08:05 - May 25 by ArnieM

Something has to change.

It's not just the wages of players, it's the ridiculous agent fees too. The higher up the footballing ladder you go the worse and higher they are.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Pretty worrying! on 10:35 - May 25 with 942 viewsArnieM

Pretty worrying! on 09:07 - May 25 by Guthrum

It's not like footballers are incapable of working after their playing days are finished. In the old days they had to.

Tbh I can’t see why they can’t have a job anyway . Football will probably go the way of becoming Part time again very soon in the lower leagues . As I’ve said many times the so called Premier League is a false situation anyway . It’s definitely a closed shop to the rest of football in this country and actually to my mind a destabilising influence in the game . They give nothing to the game as a whole. They don’t nurture , support , or facilitate in the game as as whole I feel. All they do is
“ take”. It wouldn’t be so bad if they gave Lower league clubs a fair price for the young talent they effectively steal, only so other PL clubs can’t get hold of the young talent ( these top clubs rarely include these kids in their senior squads) .

...... anyway I’m putting my soapbox away for the day now . Sorry guys !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024