Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY 08:09 - May 25 with 3634 viewstextbackup

The rest is history...

Dancing on the roundabout by blockbusters on the return to ipswich, walked in front door about 1am

What a day

Reusssser

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 09:04 - May 25 with 3545 viewsSwansea_Blue

No spoilers please. I taped it but still haven’t got round to watching it. Need to finish off the 1st series of Holly City first.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 09:04 - May 25 with 3539 viewsSitfcB

Was it not the 29th?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 09:35 - May 25 with 3506 viewsPendejo

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 09:04 - May 25 by SitfcB

Was it not the 29th?

Equivalent bank holiday

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 09:58 - May 25 with 3473 viewsgainsboroughblue

20 waist inches ago in some of our cases too.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 10:30 - May 25 with 3438 viewsShawsey

Happy days indeed. Such a distant memory unfortunately.
20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 10:34 - May 25 with 3431 viewsFunge

Driving back up the A12, pretty much every bridge had an ITFC flag on it, or people hanging off.

Pubs were rammed, ended up in the Rep drinking some warm pish, before heading to Hollywoods/ Kartouche (when did it change) to eventually end up dancing with Roooser and Super Fabian.

20 years! Jesus.
20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 10:36 - May 25 with 3415 viewsSitfcB

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 09:35 - May 25 by Pendejo

Equivalent bank holiday

20 years ago today was Thursday, 25 May 2000.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 10:41 - May 25 with 3405 viewsKeno

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 10:34 - May 25 by Funge

Driving back up the A12, pretty much every bridge had an ITFC flag on it, or people hanging off.

Pubs were rammed, ended up in the Rep drinking some warm pish, before heading to Hollywoods/ Kartouche (when did it change) to eventually end up dancing with Roooser and Super Fabian.

20 years! Jesus.

was a great game, great day!!

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 12:47 - May 25 with 3307 viewstextbackup

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 10:36 - May 25 by SitfcB

20 years ago today was Thursday, 25 May 2000.

Yeah I went that day instead of when everyone else went and when the game was on....

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 13:29 - May 25 with 3257 viewsTrequartista

Four days before the play-off final? Surprised you weren't sectioned.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 14:13 - May 25 with 3186 viewsfactual_blue

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 10:34 - May 25 by Funge

20 years! Jesus.

At the end of the evening did you let Roooser bury a screamer from eighteen yards out?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 14:26 - May 25 with 3158 viewsjeera

Went to Snetterton early that morning, set up and late morning left the boy with one of my mates who offered to help out for the day.

Drove down to Wembley where I was fortunate enough to have a supplier's family member live just around the corner from the ground who had kindly left me a spot on her driveway.

I arrived about half hour before kick-off but only had to walk around the corner to the game where I met up with a crowd of mates.

Perfect.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 15:10 - May 25 with 3102 viewsRyorry

Wilnis & Naylor on the bench - can you imagine that now?! My jaw drops just thinking about it.

On the train home (North Yorks) & sharing carriage with Tykes, Blades had hung banners from railway bridges rubbing it in for them - "Blades 4 - 2 Tykes". Cheeky barstewards!

Johnson off injured & we're a goal down, at which point the guy in front of us turns round & says with v. long face "well it's all going swimmingly so far isn't it .."

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 15:12 - May 25 with 3092 viewsRyorry

Mogga header - 1-1!

Another shout out to Mark Bones

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 16:52 - May 25 with 3008 viewsBlueStreak

Id forgotten about Blockbusters roundabout haha. How the hell did we end up there?
20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 22:45 - May 25 with 2925 viewstextbackup

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 16:52 - May 25 by BlueStreak

Id forgotten about Blockbusters roundabout haha. How the hell did we end up there?

from memory, off the coach at the ground, standing down there singing mucking about for a bit, walked by various pubs to soak up the bigger boys being pissed up, cornhill for a bit, blockbusters....

20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 07:53 - May 26 with 2814 viewssolemio

So many great things about that day, but one rarely mentioned is how magnanimous the great majority of the Barnsley fans were, wishing us good luck for next season.
20 years ago I was down PR getting on a coach to WEMBURLEY on 09:47 - May 26 with 2780 viewsbrazil1982

I was living in London at the time, so managed to get to The Globe nice and early. Feeling was one of relief at the end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024