Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away from the politics.... 09:56 - May 25 with 1335 viewsclive_baker

The actual trends are encouraging, infections and hospitalisations way down. It feels like we’re getting there folks, let’s stay vigilant.

It’s also going to be an absolute scorcher today, anyone got any plans?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Away from the politics.... on 09:59 - May 25 with 1320 viewsSwansea_Blue

A trip to Barnard Castle sounds nice.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Away from the politics.... on 10:12 - May 25 with 1265 viewsWD19

I was planning to start arguments on the internet.

You pillock.
Away from the politics.... on 10:20 - May 25 with 1245 viewsclive_baker

Away from the politics.... on 10:12 - May 25 by WD19

I was planning to start arguments on the internet.

You pillock.

You’ll have no problem finding one of those around here!

Away from the politics.... on 10:22 - May 25 with 1245 viewspointofblue

We’re now hitting the two week mark of Stay Alert so I’d like to see whether the figures start creeping up again before saying we’re on the right track of managing this. If the change of message has allowed the virus to spread further we’ll start seeing it over the next week or so of reporting.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Away from the politics.... on 10:32 - May 25 with 1230 viewsclive_baker

Away from the politics.... on 10:22 - May 25 by pointofblue

We’re now hitting the two week mark of Stay Alert so I’d like to see whether the figures start creeping up again before saying we’re on the right track of managing this. If the change of message has allowed the virus to spread further we’ll start seeing it over the next week or so of reporting.

Agreed it’s certainly not a time for complacency. If the wider, global trends are anything to go by across countries that are further down the road than us, then there’s certainly reasons to believe we’re on the right track.

Away from the politics.... on 11:47 - May 25 with 1184 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Going to have a few cold beers with two other couples in their large drive, social distancing and being alert to be observed at all times, as stipulated by Her Majesties Government.
This has been our social life of a weekend now for the last month or so.
Living the dream

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Away from the politics.... on 14:55 - May 25 with 1087 viewsShawsey

Very encouraging indeed. Still far to early to start thinking about easing the lockdown. Just been for a 2 hour stroll. Very nice out there.
Away from the politics.... on 14:59 - May 25 with 1072 viewsKieran_Knows

Sitting in the garden having a couple of beers taking in the rays.

Back to work tomorrow and then off on Wednesday for a week. Was meant to be going Turkey, but hey ho, a few walks around the suffolk countryside will make up for it....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Away from the politics.... on 15:01 - May 25 with 1066 viewsShawsey

Away from the politics.... on 14:59 - May 25 by Kieran_Knows

Sitting in the garden having a couple of beers taking in the rays.

Back to work tomorrow and then off on Wednesday for a week. Was meant to be going Turkey, but hey ho, a few walks around the suffolk countryside will make up for it....

We are meant to be off to Malaga at the beginning of July, but can't see it happening. Enjoy your break.
Away from the politics.... on 15:04 - May 25 with 1055 viewsLibero

It’s the Missus last day of maternity leave today so I got up early with the nipper and left her in bed for a lay in.
We’ve been watching cartoons and playing most of the day, gave the boy to the missus while I whipped up up some wicked buffalo wings for lunch and have since been playing FM while little man listens to Disney songs and plays with his toys and the missus chats to her mates on FaceTime.

Hoping she wants to go out for a walk when she’s done, could do with stretching the legs.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 15:11]
Away from the politics.... on 15:06 - May 25 with 1047 viewsJ2BLUE

Sitting outside with fish and chips listening to a podcast.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Away from the politics.... on 15:29 - May 25 with 1012 viewsbluerthanthou

Calm down Karol Sikora.
Away from the politics.... on 15:44 - May 25 with 987 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's moving in the right direction, but all metrics are WELL above the levels when we went into lockdown: daily new cases, daily deaths, total no. of people in hospital. The only one that's about the same or slightly lower than when we went into lockdown is daily new admissions to hospitals. And we went into lockdown 2-3 weeks too late for a good outcome, so those are not good levels to be comparing to.

So whilst we're going in the right direction, more should be made of the work still to do and I think they should be making this clearer in their daly briefings considering the display the graphs that show all these things:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac
[Post edited 25 May 2020 15:59]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024