Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering 11:12 - May 25 with 2712 viewssparks

Marked difference to this time last week.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:15 - May 25 with 1920 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Cummings effect?

As somebody from SAGE has just said, he’s trashed the whole strategy and more people will die because if it.

Johnson’s support for him makes him complicit.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:24 - May 25 with 1883 viewshomer_123

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:15 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

The Cummings effect?

As somebody from SAGE has just said, he’s trashed the whole strategy and more people will die because if it.

Johnson’s support for him makes him complicit.

No, it really isn't.

People have stopped bothering for weeks. The Cummings situation will accelerate it, for sure.

Here in N Essex - the amount of days trippers over the last week is like we see in the summer. Bins overflowing, people streaming about the place, on the beach, little to no social distancing.

There was even an impromptu vintage car rally during the week - 20 or so cars, roofs down, people stopping watching, as they parked up.....like I say. That's not Cummings, for all his faults.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:24 - May 25 with 1875 viewsBlueBadger

Nonononono, you've got it wrong, they're all Being Alert and Using Their Common Sense.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:26 - May 25 with 1868 viewsBlueBadger

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:24 - May 25 by homer_123

No, it really isn't.

People have stopped bothering for weeks. The Cummings situation will accelerate it, for sure.

Here in N Essex - the amount of days trippers over the last week is like we see in the summer. Bins overflowing, people streaming about the place, on the beach, little to no social distancing.

There was even an impromptu vintage car rally during the week - 20 or so cars, roofs down, people stopping watching, as they parked up.....like I say. That's not Cummings, for all his faults.

It's been getting worse since the change in tone i messaging from 'stay home' to 'stay alert'.

It's an attempt at herd-immunity-by-backdoor and it it stinks.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:27 - May 25 with 1850 viewsJ2BLUE

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:26 - May 25 by BlueBadger

It's been getting worse since the change in tone i messaging from 'stay home' to 'stay alert'.

The official story is that the infection rate continues to fall. Is that not what you're seeing on the front line?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:28 - May 25 with 1848 viewshomer_123

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:26 - May 25 by BlueBadger

Even before that Badge - i posted on here that I'd seen a sea change here in N Essex in the run up to that change in tone.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 11:31]

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:31 - May 25 with 1818 viewsWD19

It pre-dates any of that. Around these parts Good Friday was ‘peak lockdown’, it has been creeping every day since. The stuff you describe has just poured petrol on it along the way.

Ultimately many people do what they want to do and then look for any possible justification as an afterthought.
back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:31 - May 25 with 1816 viewsfooters

Don't contribute to the problem by staying home yourself and avoiding non-essential trips out.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:31 - May 25 with 1813 viewsgiant_stow

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:28 - May 25 by homer_123

Even before that Badge - i posted on here that I'd seen a sea change here in N Essex in the run up to that change in tone.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 11:31]

Whats the time in weeks between in infection and deaths again? Is it 5 weeks roughly?

I wonder what the stats will look like then...

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:31 - May 25 with 1807 viewsBlueBadger

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:27 - May 25 by J2BLUE

The official story is that the infection rate continues to fall. Is that not what you're seeing on the front line?

At the moment, yes. However, people are now being considerably less diligent than they were previously. another two weeks will give a clearer indication of trends, I reckon.

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:33 - May 25 with 1790 viewsBlueBadger

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:31 - May 25 by giant_stow

Whats the time in weeks between in infection and deaths again? Is it 5 weeks roughly?

2-4 weeks, generally from my observations. Don't have figures to hand.

As a by-the-by, this BBC article has just saved me a whole lot of writing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52760992?fbclid=IwAR2rWBCJ--cFd8plJWTcXN1AdFtdrP778As

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:36 - May 25 with 1775 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/weston-general-hospital-a-and-e-closed-a44499

Seaside resort hospital closed due to too many C19 cases two weeks after lockdown eased.

Who would have guessed....

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:39 - May 25 with 1743 viewshomer_123

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:31 - May 25 by giant_stow

A spike....just a guess.

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:39 - May 25 with 1743 viewsSwansea_Blue

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:24 - May 25 by BlueBadger

Nonononono, you've got it wrong, they're all Being Alert and Using Their Common Sense.

With a sprinkling of using their instinct as parents no doubt.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:40 - May 25 with 1739 viewsDarth_Koont

Not surprising.

I've always thought going to a garden centre was more or less giving up.

Pronouns: He/Him

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:40 - May 25 with 1742 viewshomer_123

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:36 - May 25 by StokieBlue

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/weston-general-hospital-a-and-e-closed-a44499

Seaside resort hospital closed due to too many C19 cases two weeks after lockdown eased.

Who would have guessed....

SB

Indeed SB.

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:41 - May 25 with 1737 viewshomer_123

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:40 - May 25 by Darth_Koont

Not surprising.

In more than one way.

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:47 - May 25 with 1660 viewsHerbivore

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:39 - May 25 by homer_123

A spike....just a guess.

The issue now will be that when we inevitably have a second spike, the government has lost all moral authority to reintroduce tighter lockdown measures. That will see a second spike significantly larger than the first and risks the possibility of the NHS getting overhwlemed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:51 - May 25 with 1642 viewshomer_123

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:47 - May 25 by Herbivore

The issue now will be that when we inevitably have a second spike, the government has lost all moral authority to reintroduce tighter lockdown measures. That will see a second spike significantly larger than the first and risks the possibility of the NHS getting overhwlemed.

A spike has been inevitable from the outset, in my opinion.

Given the approach currently taken by our esteemed Government, I suspect the second spike will be larger and longer than it would have been.

I also have little doubt that this will play on until a vaccine comes into play - in that we'll see moves from social distancing and restrictions to relax and back again.

That said, I agree, "...the government has lost all moral authority to reintroduce tighter lockdown measures."

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:55 - May 25 with 1620 viewsmanchego

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:40 - May 25 by Darth_Koont

Not surprising.

Hold your horses there fella.
There is nothing wrong with a well stocked, well staffed garden centre.
And I'll kill the man who says there is.
back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 12:06 - May 25 with 1566 viewsDarth_Koont

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:55 - May 25 by manchego

Hold your horses there fella.
There is nothing wrong with a well stocked, well staffed garden centre.
And I'll kill the man who says there is.

Haha, I'm just joking.

I don't have a problem with people who collect porcelain figurines either. Each to their own.

Pronouns: He/Him

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 12:08 - May 25 with 1560 viewsBloomBlue

It's been getting worse since the second week of lockdown, a huge percentage of people in this country were never going to accept a long lockdown and anyone who thought they would are living in a dream world.
back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 12:21 - May 25 with 1503 viewsGuthrum

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 12:08 - May 25 by BloomBlue

It's been getting worse since the second week of lockdown, a huge percentage of people in this country were never going to accept a long lockdown and anyone who thought they would are living in a dream world.

They might have done if the threat had been seriously emphasised, rather than waffly flubbering and bending to pressure.

Actually, I feel the UK has not done badly. The lockdown was pretty well observed, on the whole. It did mean we avoided a bigger spike which might have overwhelmed the health system.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 12:33 - May 25 with 1460 viewsFtnfwest

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:24 - May 25 by homer_123

No, it really isn't.

The Kinnock effect then?
back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 12:35 - May 25 with 1445 viewsLankHenners

Like others seemingly my personal experience is that it's been slipping for a while.

Was in my local co-op the other day and was the only one wearing gloves (a few weeks ago pretty much everyone was wearing them) and the staff in the place were doing what they normally did pre-lockdown i.e. stand together in clumps blocking up aisles and checkouts having a chat and giving you a hard glare when you have the temerity to ask if you could possibly get past.

People have said 'you shouldn't need the government to hold your hand' in defence of the lack of clear messaging but evidently they do and the waffly language has seeped into the population where it's being taken very casually.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024