Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering 11:12 - May 25 with 2707 viewssparks

Marked difference to this time last week.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 12:40 - May 25 with 773 viewsMr_J

I felt like this was always going to happen, regardless of the Cummings story.

Can you imagine a Wetherspoons opening trying to operate social distancing? It will be utterly pointless having spaced queues, one in one out toilet policies as after a few pints the knuckle draggers will be back to normal behaviour.
back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 12:50 - May 25 with 753 viewsGaryCooper

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:15 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

The Cummings effect?

As somebody from SAGE has just said, he’s trashed the whole strategy and more people will die because if it.

Johnson’s support for him makes him complicit.

Johnson is already hugely complicit, the stupidity of 'I'm still shaking every persons hand' to
the outright manslaughter of backing the NHS decision to empty the hospitals of the elderly back to their care homes without test has cost 12500 lives.

The fact that the 'Rads' are wetting themselves over the Cummings travel episodes and not the above speaks volumes about the real reasons.
back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 12:50 - May 25 with 753 viewsHerbivore

It was largely being observed well up here in Norwich up until the leaks to the press suggesting lockdown would be eased just before the bank holiday weekend. It got worse then and has been noticeably worse over the past few days.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 13:11 - May 25 with 690 viewsGaryCooper

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 12:35 - May 25 by LankHenners

Like others seemingly my personal experience is that it's been slipping for a while.

Was in my local co-op the other day and was the only one wearing gloves (a few weeks ago pretty much everyone was wearing them) and the staff in the place were doing what they normally did pre-lockdown i.e. stand together in clumps blocking up aisles and checkouts having a chat and giving you a hard glare when you have the temerity to ask if you could possibly get past.

People have said 'you shouldn't need the government to hold your hand' in defence of the lack of clear messaging but evidently they do and the waffly language has seeped into the population where it's being taken very casually.

Perhaps the staff were laughing at you wearing gloves?
back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 13:21 - May 25 with 669 viewsSwansea_Blue

Still very quiet here. Our local beach (one of the most popular on Gower) had less than 10 people on it when I passed it yesterday. But then we're still in lockdown and all car parks/laybys etc are all cordoned off.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 14:41 - May 25 with 607 viewsBlueBadger

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 12:50 - May 25 by Herbivore

It was largely being observed well up here in Norwich up until the leaks to the press suggesting lockdown would be eased just before the bank holiday weekend. It got worse then and has been noticeably worse over the past few days.

Sam here on CO10, generally pretty good until the changes in messaging.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 14:50 - May 25 with 583 viewsKieran_Knows

I think it’s been like that for weeks, certainly in supermarkets. I mentioned it on here the other week, but Asda up at Whitehouse is just as busy as it normally is on Friday evenings (when we go shopping). The security people are definitely letting more people in, than those coming out. What gets me also is how people can’t follow such clear and simple instructions and follow the arrows which are marked on the floor. It’s really not that hard. People coming at you from angles, leaning across you to grab a rice packet, or tin of soup, quite uncomfortable at times and this is coming from me who’s not normally fussed by stuff like that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 14:58 - May 25 with 564 viewsSpruceMoose

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 11:31 - May 25 by footers

Don't contribute to the problem by staying home yourself and avoiding non-essential trips out.

I'm minded of the saying "You're not in traffic, you are traffic"

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 15:13 - May 25 with 550 viewsfooters

back from the garden centre. people have stopped bothering on 14:58 - May 25 by SpruceMoose

I'm minded of the saying "You're not in traffic, you are traffic"

Indeed, Mr Moose. Be the change you want to see in the world. The potting plants can wait till later.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024