Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson still backing Cummings 12:53 - May 25 with 2582 viewsPinewoodblue

Cummings to make a statement sometime this afternoon and answer questions from media.

This post has been edited by an administrator

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Johnson still backing Cummings on 12:57 - May 25 with 1707 viewsElderGrizzly

So just another opportunity to lie and spin.
Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:08 - May 25 with 1634 viewsGlasgowBlue

Why has somebody reported this for abuse?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:12 - May 25 with 1603 viewsPhilTWTD

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:08 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

Because it was posted in Football rather than General. Can posters post under the right categories, is a pain for me to have to move them when they get reported if they're in the wrong place.
Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:12 - May 25 with 1597 viewsGeoffSentence

I can only imagine someone had fat fingers. There's nowt abusive about the post.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:17 - May 25 with 1574 viewsBasuco

Johnson still backing Cummings on 12:57 - May 25 by ElderGrizzly

So just another opportunity to lie and spin.

Or as a BBC reporter just put it, a last, very risky and very desperate attempt to prevent Cummings losing his job.
Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:18 - May 25 with 1566 viewsSwansea_Blue

Because some people are very precious about things being in exactly the right place. They must have exceedingly tidy sock drawers. Def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:26 - May 25 with 1532 viewsTrequartista

This has all gone very Prince Andrew, with Barnard Castle the new Pizza Express Woking.

I have a feeling though, that Mr Cummings will be very much more savvy in his interview/questioning. It will be fury and game over on here whatever he says, but will he win enough of the wider public support back?
[Post edited 25 May 2020 13:27]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:28 - May 25 with 1518 viewsPinewoodblue

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:12 - May 25 by PhilTWTD

Because it was posted in Football rather than General. Can posters post under the right categories, is a pain for me to have to move them when they get reported if they're in the wrong place.

An error on my part, not a common occurrence. Who ever reported it as abuse needs to get a life.

It is also abuse of the abuse button.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 13:30]

2023 year of destiny

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:28 - May 25 with 1517 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's going to get more weird. SPADs shouldn't be centre stage, especially this lying one.

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:41 - May 25 with 1441 viewsfactual_blue

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:17 - May 25 by Basuco

Or as a BBC reporter just put it, a last, very risky and very desperate attempt to prevent Cummings losing his job.

I can't see anything that could possibly go wrong with cummings, whose emotional intelligence is less than zero, giving a press conference.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:44 - May 25 with 1423 viewsgiant_stow

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:41 - May 25 by factual_blue

I can't see anything that could possibly go wrong with cummings, whose emotional intelligence is less than zero, giving a press conference.

So we should get the beers in then.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:44 - May 25 with 1424 viewsWD19

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:26 - May 25 by Trequartista

This has all gone very Prince Andrew, with Barnard Castle the new Pizza Express Woking.

I have a feeling though, that Mr Cummings will be very much more savvy in his interview/questioning. It will be fury and game over on here whatever he says, but will he win enough of the wider public support back?

I’m not sure he had much public support to begin with! A least likeable bloke you will have to go a long way to find.

That said, presumably the lack of a ‘quick kill’ here introduces the possibility of mudding the waters until a great many people just zone out and move on. A few over excited kids getting giddy at the possibility of toppling him has not helped in that regard.
Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:46 - May 25 with 1414 viewsfactual_blue

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:44 - May 25 by giant_stow

So we should get the beers in then.

I bet you'd love a cheeky little scrimmage with dominic.

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:47 - May 25 with 1408 viewsPJH

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:12 - May 25 by PhilTWTD

Cummings got reported for being in the wrong place too.
Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:52 - May 25 with 1377 viewssparks

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:26 - May 25 by Trequartista

Boris approach yesterday was presumably on Cummings advice.

Cummings seems a very spiky and unsympathetic figure who is wed to the whole Trump method. Intriguing to see whether he comes out aggressively or changes course. Hard to see him reacting well to pointed questions....

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:55 - May 25 with 1360 viewsitfcjoe

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:52 - May 25 by sparks

Cummings seems a very spiky and unsympathetic figure who is wed to the whole Trump method. Intriguing to see whether he comes out aggressively or changes course. Hard to see him reacting well to pointed questions....

He seems to have no respect for almost everyone and holds people like the press and those in the politics industry in some sort of disdain - this could be a car crash

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:55 - May 25 with 1361 viewsTrequartista

I don't think i've ever heard Mr Cummings even speak so i couldn't possibly predict which way this will go. A contrast to Alistair Campbell who we saw quite a lot of, although I think their job titles were slightly different.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:57 - May 25 with 1345 viewsSwansea_Blue

And we all know what that question should be lol

('scuce the language)

Johnson still backing Cummings on 14:09 - May 25 with 1293 viewsfactual_blue

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:44 - May 25 by WD19

I’m not sure he had much public support to begin with! A least likeable bloke you will have to go a long way to find.

That said, presumably the lack of a ‘quick kill’ here introduces the possibility of mudding the waters until a great many people just zone out and move on. A few over excited kids getting giddy at the possibility of toppling him has not helped in that regard.

There will be more to come out.

I can't see the press conference going well. cummings has been described as 'somebody who shouts in an empty room'.

The reaction of tory mps is key, and that's already not looking promising.

Having been involved in the hasty departure of a civil servant (not me!), it will be brutal. The Cabinet Secretary will be present, and the minute the sacking is made, or the resignation tendered, the Cabinet Secretary will discreetly press 'send' on a pre-written text message. This will go to various physical and IT security people. Before cummings has a chance to leave the room, all his door passes will be disabled, his (official) mobile phone account blocked, all his IT access closed down. He will then be taken to his desk, and given the items he's allowed to take with him. He will not be allowed to take any paperwork before it's been read and cleared. He won't be allowed to take any memory devices of any kind (although all government IT should have all USB ports disabled.

He will no longer have clearance given to SpAds to read official papers, and anybody sharing them with him commits a criminal offence.

Out will mean out.

Johnson still backing Cummings on 14:21 - May 25 with 1243 viewsSpruceMoose

Johnson still backing Cummings on 14:09 - May 25 by factual_blue

There will be more to come out.

I can't see the press conference going well. cummings has been described as 'somebody who shouts in an empty room'.

The reaction of tory mps is key, and that's already not looking promising.

Having been involved in the hasty departure of a civil servant (not me!), it will be brutal. The Cabinet Secretary will be present, and the minute the sacking is made, or the resignation tendered, the Cabinet Secretary will discreetly press 'send' on a pre-written text message. This will go to various physical and IT security people. Before cummings has a chance to leave the room, all his door passes will be disabled, his (official) mobile phone account blocked, all his IT access closed down. He will then be taken to his desk, and given the items he's allowed to take with him. He will not be allowed to take any paperwork before it's been read and cleared. He won't be allowed to take any memory devices of any kind (although all government IT should have all USB ports disabled.

He will no longer have clearance given to SpAds to read official papers, and anybody sharing them with him commits a criminal offence.

Out will mean out.

Stop! My pecker can't the much more of this teasing!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Johnson still backing Cummings on 14:37 - May 25 with 1172 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson still backing Cummings on 13:55 - May 25 by Trequartista

I don't think i've ever heard Mr Cummings even speak so i couldn't possibly predict which way this will go. A contrast to Alistair Campbell who we saw quite a lot of, although I think their job titles were slightly different.

It's quite impressive that Cummings makes Campbell look like an actual decent human being by comparison.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Johnson still backing Cummings on 14:40 - May 25 with 1152 viewsPinewoodblue

Wonder if Boris will be daft enough to include Cummings in the daily press conference, and make it clear at every opportunity that he has his full support.

2023 year of destiny

Johnson still backing Cummings on 14:43 - May 25 with 1140 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson still backing Cummings on 14:40 - May 25 by Pinewoodblue

Wonder if Boris will be daft enough to include Cummings in the daily press conference, and make it clear at every opportunity that he has his full support.

Cummings will be telling him that he'll look 'weak' if he doesn't, betcha.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Johnson still backing Cummings on 14:46 - May 25 with 1181 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson still backing Cummings on 14:21 - May 25 by SpruceMoose

Stop! My pecker can't the much more of this teasing!

Oh dear! Will you need daily testing?

Johnson still backing Cummings on 14:53 - May 25 with 1161 viewstractordownsouth

I'm starting to think this will have little impact. To large swathes of people, it's all the lefty media and the establishment having a pop at working class hero Dominic Cummings. Sure, they will lose some support, but as usual they've cobbled together some half arsed excuses as red meat for their base.

Depressing.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024