Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The potential now is that 17:22 - May 25 with 3101 viewsBlueNomad

the press will lose more credibility. Cummings has made a statement and, unless there is more evidence to be produced, his version cannot be disproved. He has presented himself in a reasonable manner and talked about what are normally deemed confidential issues about his wife and child. This will elicit sympathy and support. I have no reason to like anything about Cummings because I find some of his philosophical beliefs to be the total opposite of mine but I think pursuing this issue now will be counter-productive. What I fear most is that people will place even less trust in the press.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 17:23]
The potential now is that on 17:25 - May 25 with 2035 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's just admitted to breaking at least 2 of the laws on lockdown and at least 1 related to driving. And you think the press are the problem?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The potential now is that on 17:25 - May 25 with 2018 viewsShawsey

The exact opposite. Make the lying git squirm.
The potential now is that on 17:27 - May 25 with 1990 viewsHerbivore

What on earth have you been watching?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The potential now is that on 17:27 - May 25 with 1987 viewsuefacup81

Given the way this has been played by the press so far, I dare say there'll be plenty of incontrovertible evidence offered in tomorrow's papers to show precisely how much he's lied.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

The potential now is that on 17:29 - May 25 with 1957 viewsShawsey

The potential now is that on 17:27 - May 25 by uefacup81

Given the way this has been played by the press so far, I dare say there'll be plenty of incontrovertible evidence offered in tomorrow's papers to show precisely how much he's lied.

Other people in Barnard Castle already contacting the police. He must go now.
The potential now is that on 17:29 - May 25 with 1946 viewsBlueBadger

This is possibly the most elaborately stupid defence of this shambles you've managed so far.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The potential now is that on 17:29 - May 25 with 1944 viewsfactual_blue

The potential now is that on 17:25 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

He's just admitted to breaking at least 2 of the laws on lockdown and at least 1 related to driving. And you think the press are the problem?

I'm further confused by the fact that he did all this on instinct, but then produces an account that is of him making an emotion-free judgement taking account of a series of 'complex' issues.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The potential now is that on 17:31 - May 25 with 1919 viewsSwansea_Blue

“It is the press, above all, which wages a positively fanatical and slanderous struggle, tearing down everything which can be regarded as a support of national independence, cultural elevation, and the economic independence of the nation.”

Login to get fewer ads

The potential now is that on 17:33 - May 25 with 1900 viewsSwansea_Blue

The potential now is that on 17:29 - May 25 by factual_blue

I'm further confused by the fact that he did all this on instinct, but then produces an account that is of him making an emotion-free judgement taking account of a series of 'complex' issues.

That's genius for you. That's why we can't be trusted to act on individual instinct but instead have to rely on common sense. Or something.

The potential now is that on 17:33 - May 25 with 1897 viewsShawsey

The potential now is that on 17:29 - May 25 by BlueBadger

This is possibly the most elaborately stupid defence of this shambles you've managed so far.

He keeps saying "with respect". The bloke has no respect what so ever.
The potential now is that on 17:33 - May 25 with 1894 viewsmonytowbray

The potential now is that you are in n abusive relationship with a sociopath and everyone can see it but you.

One day you’ll wake up from your nightmare, look back and realise you were a victim of gaslighting.

If it wasn’t such an extreme matter he needs to balance for the sake of his entire life he’d have just said NO WASN’T ME and refused to talk about it anymore.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The potential now is that on 17:35 - May 25 with 1876 viewsmonytowbray

It’s funny to watch knowing they’re sat on a 3rd lockdown breach in May.

The guy isn’t half as smart as he thinks he is. Feels like the scene with the Wizard behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The potential now is that on 17:39 - May 25 with 1843 viewsfactual_blue

The potential now is that on 17:33 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

That's genius for you. That's why we can't be trusted to act on individual instinct but instead have to rely on common sense. Or something.

It's easier to remember matt hancock's observation that staying indoors was an instruction.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The potential now is that on 17:43 - May 25 with 1807 viewsBlueNomad

The potential now is that on 17:29 - May 25 by BlueBadger

The point I make is that he has to be bang to rights. This has turned out not to be the time; I thought it would be.
The potential now is that on 17:45 - May 25 with 1786 viewsHerbivore

The potential now is that on 17:43 - May 25 by BlueNomad

The point I make is that he has to be bang to rights. This has turned out not to be the time; I thought it would be.

Lolz. You can't be for real.

The potential now is that on 17:46 - May 25 with 1775 viewsLankHenners

You almost have a point but are going at it the wrong way.

All the references to people being angry at stories in the media is what many would identify as a 'Trumpian' tactic to discredit the media so that the government has a level of immunity against negative stories due to the base of Tory voters not believing them. It also helps reaffirm the narrative that the whole thing is a nasty piece of lefty gotcha journalism against a man trying to care for his child.

It's essentially 'I don't need all of you on my side, just enough'.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The potential now is that on 17:47 - May 25 with 1756 viewsSwansea_Blue

The potential now is that on 17:46 - May 25 by LankHenners

You almost have a point but are going at it the wrong way.

All the references to people being angry at stories in the media is what many would identify as a 'Trumpian' tactic to discredit the media so that the government has a level of immunity against negative stories due to the base of Tory voters not believing them. It also helps reaffirm the narrative that the whole thing is a nasty piece of lefty gotcha journalism against a man trying to care for his child.

It's essentially 'I don't need all of you on my side, just enough'.

The potential now is that by Swansea_Blue 25 May 2020 17:31
“It is the press, above all, which wages a positively fanatical and slanderous struggle, tearing down everything which can be regarded as a support of national independence, cultural elevation, and the economic independence of the nation.”

Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf (apparently)
[Post edited 25 May 2020 17:47]

The potential now is that on 17:48 - May 25 with 1745 viewsBlueNomad

The potential now is that on 17:45 - May 25 by Herbivore

Lolz. You can't be for real.

I want him gone but it has to be watertight. Do you have evidence to nail him?
The potential now is that on 17:54 - May 25 with 1702 viewsStokieBlue

In your world do you get 5 when you add 2 and 2?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The potential now is that on 18:10 - May 25 with 1655 viewsBlueNomad

The potential now is that on 17:54 - May 25 by StokieBlue

In your world do you get 5 when you add 2 and 2?

SB

Ok I stand convicted by the court of TWTD. I just think we will be stuck with Cummings because the scales have not be tipped so far that Johnson has to sack him unfortunately. I had hoped to see the evidence that he had gone backwards and forwards to Durham. He has denied it and no-one has proved him to be lying. I point this out and get hammered.
The potential now is that on 18:14 - May 25 with 1633 viewsStokieBlue

The potential now is that on 18:10 - May 25 by BlueNomad

Ok I stand convicted by the court of TWTD. I just think we will be stuck with Cummings because the scales have not be tipped so far that Johnson has to sack him unfortunately. I had hoped to see the evidence that he had gone backwards and forwards to Durham. He has denied it and no-one has proved him to be lying. I point this out and get hammered.

So what you are saying that it's fine to break the rules as long as you either don't get caught or you only do it once.

I'd say it's fairly easy to make a case that the journey to celebrate his wife's birthday was clearly a second breach of the rules anyway.

Boris does have to sack him, you should reflect on why he hasn't.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The potential now is that on 18:17 - May 25 with 1614 viewsHerbivore

The potential now is that on 17:48 - May 25 by BlueNomad

I want him gone but it has to be watertight. Do you have evidence to nail him?

Did you not listen to a word he said?

The potential now is that on 18:17 - May 25 with 1606 viewsSwansea_Blue

The potential now is that on 18:10 - May 25 by BlueNomad

Eh? There are eye witness accounts of him being in Durham area. He just confirmed he'd been there. He gave a long rambling explanation of why he went there, how he got there, where he stayed when he was there, a trip he made to the hospital when he was there, and explained when he came back and there was even a discussion about whether he stopped for petrol. There's no doubt he went backwards and forwards to Durham. That's the whole point of this.

What am I missing in what you're trying to say?

And of course he's not going anywhere, he's too important to Boris.

The potential now is that on 18:18 - May 25 with 1602 viewsSwansea_Blue

The potential now is that on 18:17 - May 25 by Herbivore

Did you not listen to a word he said?

Didn't see the interview maybe?

The potential now is that on 18:18 - May 25 with 1600 viewsLibero

LOL! - WTF?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024