Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broadly speaking he has done quite well 17:40 - May 25 with 4950 viewssparks

Calm and reasoned.

He is fundamentally wrong to say he was within the rules because they say that with small children compliance may not be possible. His situation did not make compliance impossible. he is disingenuously conflating a rule noting that sometimes compliance is impossible, with permission to use your judgement

I do not buy the bit about his home being targeted. Nothing changed there and he is trying to cash in on yesterday's footage by claiming that it was already happening.

The barnard castle account lacks all credibility. You don't drive with dodgy eyesight. If he had an issue driving to London the wife could have taken over.

The second visit is problematic as I suggested yesterday in the absence of more evidence. Time will tell on whether there is more but I rather expected it to come this morning if it existed.

The purported inability of either Cummings our boris to recall their conversation about the trip is enormously convenient.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:42 - May 25 with 2820 viewsHerbivore

So everything he said was dodgy and it's pretty clear he can't justify his actions but broadly speaking he has done quite well? That's a hot take.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:43 - May 25 with 2824 viewsShawsey

He is one hell of a liar. That is the only thing I will give him credit for.
Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:43 - May 25 with 2812 viewsSwansea_Blue

How on Earth do you come to the conclusion "he's done quite well" after noting the things you've noted.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:46 - May 25 with 2778 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think he could have done with defending his actions, but also with some contrition and an apology along the lines that with hindsight he would act differently.

Not seen it all, did he offer any form of apology?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:46 - May 25 with 2762 viewsHerbivore

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:46 - May 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think he could have done with defending his actions, but also with some contrition and an apology along the lines that with hindsight he would act differently.

Not seen it all, did he offer any form of apology?

No, none.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:47 - May 25 with 2751 viewsBlueBadger

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:43 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

How on Earth do you come to the conclusion "he's done quite well" after noting the things you've noted.

Too long watching ITFC under Lambert?

Results and performances are terrible but the pressers are delivered smoothly?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:47 - May 25 with 2736 viewssparks

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:43 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

He was calm and most of it was rational

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:48 - May 25 with 2720 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:46 - May 25 by Herbivore

No, none.

I think that's a bad move, will probably alienate some of the people who may have been inclined to give him some benefit of the doubt.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:50 - May 25 with 2703 viewsfooters

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:47 - May 25 by sparks

Very little was rational. Couldn't find adequate childcare in London? Come off it.

The bloke's a complete fraud. I can't understand how in any way he made himself look any better with this load of BS.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:51 - May 25 with 2689 viewsBlueBadger

'I wanted to test my eyesight so I went for a 30 mile drive' is rational?
[Post edited 25 May 2020 19:02]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:52 - May 25 with 2676 viewsmonytowbray

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:42 - May 25 by Herbivore

So everything he said was dodgy and it's pretty clear he can't justify his actions but broadly speaking he has done quite well? That's a hot take.

There’s a word for the OP and it begins with a “B”.

It does not surprise me our resident lawyer with all the emotional intellect of a potato (as I discovered yesterday) thinks he did a good job.

Although on the flip it’s probably why he’s suited to being a lawyer.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 17:57]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:52 - May 25 with 2656 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ok, I'll give you he was calm. It all went downhill from there though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:53 - May 25 with 2645 viewstractordownsouth

What he said wasn't within the rules, but I think he'll win people over.

He played the sympathy card, had a go at the media and that will naturally play well with peoples' emotions.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:53 - May 25 with 2641 viewsgiant_stow

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:51 - May 25 by BlueBadger

'I wanted to test my eyesight so I went for a 30 mile drive' is rational?
[Post edited 25 May 2020 19:02]

Could even be ullegal in itself?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:53 - May 25 with 2643 viewsTrequartista

Agree he was calm and reasoned, this wasn't a Prince Andrew interview, although the Barnard Castle outing wandered into that territory.

You might say the clause with small children has been used disingenuously, but the wider public won't delve so deeply into that nuance, I think it could be the clause that allows enough people to give him the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand there were plenty of times where answers lacked credibility. Incredibly naive if he thinks that people will now say the media made it all up, only the frivilous details were denied, the main thrust were admitted.

Overall this just rumbles on, not enough to sink anyone, not enough to be put to bed.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:55 - May 25 with 2612 viewsTractorWood

He did better than BoJo. David Cameron called him a career psychopath. That's what you're dealing with.

Tory politics.

- Deny
- Get rumbled
- Ignore
- Get more rumbled
- Deny on technicalities
- Get more rumbled
- Do the apology not apology statement and blame the media

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:56 - May 25 with 2611 viewsmonytowbray

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:52 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

Ok, I'll give you he was calm. It all went downhill from there though.

He wasn’t calm. That was a deer in the headlights. You could see his heart beating in the veins in his forehead.

This was a textbook sociopath with a sob story because the world had stopped going the way he wants it too, therefore he’s now the victim.

TWTD never forgets…

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:58 - May 25 with 2569 viewssparks

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:52 - May 25 by monytowbray

It does not surprise me our resident lawyer with all the emotional intellect of a potato (as I discovered yesterday) thinks he did a good job.

Once again you fail to read what it's written.

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:58 - May 25 with 2572 viewstractorboy1978

The castle is ultimately what will be his downfall. The idea he drove half an hour away (on his wife's birthday) with his wife and child in the car to test his eyesight is nonsense. I imagine Durham police will be looking to substantiate that account.

I was surprised nobody questioned the fact that by his own admission he went back to Downing Street after he'd been at home with his wife who had COVID symptoms.

It'll get to the point where people are bored of the ins and outs of the 'story' but for many people that didn't know it before the lies, deception and obvious dishonesty will be remembered for a long time.
Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:59 - May 25 with 2558 viewsvapour_trail

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:53 - May 25 by Trequartista

Agree he was calm and reasoned, this wasn't a Prince Andrew interview, although the Barnard Castle outing wandered into that territory.

You might say the clause with small children has been used disingenuously, but the wider public won't delve so deeply into that nuance, I think it could be the clause that allows enough people to give him the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand there were plenty of times where answers lacked credibility. Incredibly naive if he thinks that people will now say the media made it all up, only the frivilous details were denied, the main thrust were admitted.

Overall this just rumbles on, not enough to sink anyone, not enough to be put to bed.

That’s all about right apart from the end bit I think. This now fades away as we focus on government plans to ease lockdown over the next week. A cynic might conclude that this fiasco will actually compete with ‘the science’ for dictating what easing looks like. A generous ease would certainly help remove Cummings from the spotlight.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:01 - May 25 with 2542 viewssparks

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:53 - May 25 by Trequartista

Agreed. I fear he may have done enough to placate some people,

Clearly there are a number of stark issues and it is important they are exposed and repeated lest people lose sight of them.

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:02 - May 25 with 2526 viewsmonytowbray

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:58 - May 25 by sparks

Once again you fail to read what it's written.

I did read it, it shows an incredibly poor understanding of the emotional aspect of this story to think he came across well. He couldn’t even be bothered to apologise.

It’s not a dig Sparks, as weird as it may sound. But yesterday I realised me and you are wired to very different frequencies, considering you couldn’t even start to comprehend what I said in relation to your posts, let alone understand it. Facts are always important but outside the court of law context and emotions play a huge part on how the human world interacts.

TWTD never forgets…

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:03 - May 25 with 2520 viewsjeera

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:58 - May 25 by tractorboy1978

The castle is ultimately what will be his downfall. The idea he drove half an hour away (on his wife's birthday) with his wife and child in the car to test his eyesight is nonsense. I imagine Durham police will be looking to substantiate that account.

I was surprised nobody questioned the fact that by his own admission he went back to Downing Street after he'd been at home with his wife who had COVID symptoms.

It'll get to the point where people are bored of the ins and outs of the 'story' but for many people that didn't know it before the lies, deception and obvious dishonesty will be remembered for a long time.

I didn't see it.

Do we know what his conclusion was following his eyesight test drive?

I'm aware I should have watched it if I want to know, so sorry for relying on others for answers.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:03 - May 25 with 2510 viewsTrequartista

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:59 - May 25 by vapour_trail

That’s all about right apart from the end bit I think. This now fades away as we focus on government plans to ease lockdown over the next week. A cynic might conclude that this fiasco will actually compete with ‘the science’ for dictating what easing looks like. A generous ease would certainly help remove Cummings from the spotlight.

Yes I could be wrong, I think that depends on if further evidence is provided that contradicts what he has said.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:06 - May 25 with 2473 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:52 - May 25 by monytowbray

As per Phil's requests yesterday.

Let's steer away from personal abuse.

Not called for.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024