Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broadly speaking he has done quite well 17:40 - May 25 with 4983 viewssparks

Calm and reasoned.

He is fundamentally wrong to say he was within the rules because they say that with small children compliance may not be possible. His situation did not make compliance impossible. he is disingenuously conflating a rule noting that sometimes compliance is impossible, with permission to use your judgement

I do not buy the bit about his home being targeted. Nothing changed there and he is trying to cash in on yesterday's footage by claiming that it was already happening.

The barnard castle account lacks all credibility. You don't drive with dodgy eyesight. If he had an issue driving to London the wife could have taken over.

The second visit is problematic as I suggested yesterday in the absence of more evidence. Time will tell on whether there is more but I rather expected it to come this morning if it existed.

The purported inability of either Cummings our boris to recall their conversation about the trip is enormously convenient.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:08 - May 25 with 1564 viewssparks

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:02 - May 25 by monytowbray

I did read it, it shows an incredibly poor understanding of the emotional aspect of this story to think he came across well. He couldn’t even be bothered to apologise.

It’s not a dig Sparks, as weird as it may sound. But yesterday I realised me and you are wired to very different frequencies, considering you couldn’t even start to comprehend what I said in relation to your posts, let alone understand it. Facts are always important but outside the court of law context and emotions play a huge part on how the human world interacts.

You once again read things that arent there. it was a broad comment that he did not have the car crash expected and may well have come across better than expected.

It then explicitly highlights what I saw as the biggest problems with his account. An ability to analyse what is said calmly, has no bearing on one's 'understanding of emotional aspects'

Just quit the transparently abusive and misconceived personal stuff,

Your ad hominem nonsense is getting very tired and frankly offensive.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:12 - May 25 with 1547 viewsPinewoodblue

With regards to the trip to Barnard Castle isn’t it an amazing coincidence that this just happened to be his wife’s birthday.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:13 - May 25 with 1541 viewsHerbivore

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:01 - May 25 by sparks

Agreed. I fear he may have done enough to placate some people,

Clearly there are a number of stark issues and it is important they are exposed and repeated lest people lose sight of them.

It will only placate those who were already onside. Nobody will have been convinced by it that wasn't already sympathetic.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:16 - May 25 with 1527 viewsmonytowbray

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:06 - May 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

As per Phil's requests yesterday.

Let's steer away from personal abuse.

Not called for.

Today called for Cummings to be honest and apologetic. We got neither. That’s my point. Anyone remotely in tune with the feelings of a nation would know that.

Cummings knows exactly how to stand on the sidelines and pull the emotional strings of others, it’s how he comes up with witty slogans.

But throw him in the pit with the rest of us and he lacks the emotional maturity to read a room.

Honestly that press conference should have come with a content warning for those who have ever been stuck in an emotionally abusive relationship. He acted out of selfishness and lacking any level of empathy. He was likely thinking he was some kind of genius for cheating the system until he got caught and now he’s the victim because he’s been called up.

One thing I learned about people with ASPD from my last relationship is nothing is beyond the means to an end. And sadly whilst many are so wreckless they never get far in life, the occasional lucky or slightly smarter ones end up ruling countries or running very powerful businesses.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 18:19]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:18 - May 25 with 1515 viewsmonytowbray

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:08 - May 25 by sparks

You once again read things that arent there. it was a broad comment that he did not have the car crash expected and may well have come across better than expected.

It then explicitly highlights what I saw as the biggest problems with his account. An ability to analyse what is said calmly, has no bearing on one's 'understanding of emotional aspects'

Just quit the transparently abusive and misconceived personal stuff,

Your ad hominem nonsense is getting very tired and frankly offensive.

See my reply to Marshall.

TWTD never forgets…

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:18 - May 25 with 1510 viewsBlueBadger

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:42 - May 25 by Herbivore

So everything he said was dodgy and it's pretty clear he can't justify his actions but broadly speaking he has done quite well? That's a hot take.

That's the mentality of those still supporting the government through this in a nutshell.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:20 - May 25 with 1502 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:16 - May 25 by monytowbray

Today called for Cummings to be honest and apologetic. We got neither. That’s my point. Anyone remotely in tune with the feelings of a nation would know that.

Cummings knows exactly how to stand on the sidelines and pull the emotional strings of others, it’s how he comes up with witty slogans.

But throw him in the pit with the rest of us and he lacks the emotional maturity to read a room.

Honestly that press conference should have come with a content warning for those who have ever been stuck in an emotionally abusive relationship. He acted out of selfishness and lacking any level of empathy. He was likely thinking he was some kind of genius for cheating the system until he got caught and now he’s the victim because he’s been called up.

One thing I learned about people with ASPD from my last relationship is nothing is beyond the means to an end. And sadly whilst many are so wreckless they never get far in life, the occasional lucky or slightly smarter ones end up ruling countries or running very powerful businesses.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 18:19]

My post was in relation to Sparks receiving abuse.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:21 - May 25 with 1500 viewsm14_blue

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:13 - May 25 by Herbivore

It will only placate those who were already onside. Nobody will have been convinced by it that wasn't already sympathetic.

Yeah, that’s what I think. I don’t care if he resigns, this has just demonstrated what we all knew, they hold us all in utter contempt and would quite literally put their careers and their politics ahead of thousands of British lives.

Anyone continuing to support them after this is so far down the rabbit hole that nothing will change their mind.

It’s exactly the same as Trump supporters.
Login to get fewer ads

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:22 - May 25 with 1491 viewsFixed_It

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:13 - May 25 by Herbivore

The only thing I will say as that I expected him to come across as an @rse. He didn't really. That will help him weather this storm I suspect. Although it shouldn't.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:24 - May 25 with 1477 viewsmonytowbray

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:18 - May 25 by BlueBadger

That's the mentality of those still supporting the government through this in a nutshell.

What frustrates me is the HOT TAKES more than the actual folk buying it.

I had this discussion yesterday about arming those not smart enough to think for themselves. Although the OP isn’t a massive offender in that regard, there will be right wingers running around looking for the jigsaw pieces to fit their puzzle RN. Why arm them?

Also, the whole story hasn’t even been published yet. This is a game of cat and mouse, and as I also said yesterday from what’s floating around online about May visits to Durham the Guardian/Mirror is almost certainly the cat in this situation.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 18:28]

TWTD never forgets…

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:26 - May 25 with 1466 viewsmonytowbray

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:20 - May 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

My post was in relation to Sparks receiving abuse.

My post was in relation to why I said it. I explained my comment in the follow up as to why it’s not a dig.

The potato part just made me laugh. Sort of like how Sparks threw in the “Green Crayon” remark at me yesterday.

TWTD never forgets…

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:26 - May 25 with 1462 viewsHerbivore

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:22 - May 25 by Fixed_It

The only thing I will say as that I expected him to come across as an @rse. He didn't really. That will help him weather this storm I suspect. Although it shouldn't.

I thought he came across as an arse to be honest. No apology and no real contrition. Quite patronising and alps happy to play the victim card as often as he could get away with. It was all highly orchestrated but still somehow managed to be a car crash.

But it wasn't designed for us. Sticking him out there like that is to placate those in the party who are restless and nothing more than that. I doubt we'll hear much more from any Tory MPs about him going now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:31 - May 25 with 1439 viewsmonytowbray

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:26 - May 25 by Herbivore

I thought he came across as an arse to be honest. No apology and no real contrition. Quite patronising and alps happy to play the victim card as often as he could get away with. It was all highly orchestrated but still somehow managed to be a car crash.

But it wasn't designed for us. Sticking him out there like that is to placate those in the party who are restless and nothing more than that. I doubt we'll hear much more from any Tory MPs about him going now.

In an ideal world he would have hired an actor to play him.

Amazing how these powerful self-proclaimed intellects come across as the weak streaks of piss they are the moment the situation falls out of their control.

If Cummings were in my profession, he’d be the bloke who just gives up the moment his understanding doesn’t align with results, rather than trying to understand what’s causing the problem by investigating.

Speaking of my profession I should add he’s not even that smart either, he’s just ahead of the curve on applying digital marketing principles to politics, which traditionally for whatever reasons the public sector has always been slow to keep up with new technology and ideas. Dare I say, despite being anti-privatisation, is one argument for it I can understand. But then the way around it is not every private business choice has to be motivated by money and can be done for the greater good of the public sector so it’s a non-starter.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 18:36]

TWTD never forgets…

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:38 - May 25 with 1417 viewsTonytown

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:31 - May 25 by monytowbray

In an ideal world he would have hired an actor to play him.

Amazing how these powerful self-proclaimed intellects come across as the weak streaks of piss they are the moment the situation falls out of their control.

If Cummings were in my profession, he’d be the bloke who just gives up the moment his understanding doesn’t align with results, rather than trying to understand what’s causing the problem by investigating.

Speaking of my profession I should add he’s not even that smart either, he’s just ahead of the curve on applying digital marketing principles to politics, which traditionally for whatever reasons the public sector has always been slow to keep up with new technology and ideas. Dare I say, despite being anti-privatisation, is one argument for it I can understand. But then the way around it is not every private business choice has to be motivated by money and can be done for the greater good of the public sector so it’s a non-starter.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 18:36]

The press missed a chance to nail him about the Barnard Castle trip on his wife’s birthday.

Also does she drive as if she does then there was no need to go to BC that day.

The child should have been left with his nieces though and if you’re eyesight is dodgy you shouldn’t drive.

Why they weren’t put to him is beyond me
Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:43 - May 25 with 1414 viewsitfcjoe

Statement fine, but when picked apart easy to see how it doesn’t make any real sense.

Clear breaches with phoney claims and other claims of ‘exceptional circumstances’ which any parent can see aren’t exceptional.

When directly asked for apologies, or regret, he didn’t show any and all the faux contrition in statement lost by that because of the headlines and iPhone notifications that come through based on that.

People who supported him, still will, those that don’t still wont but to me he didn’t do enough for that big middle group to buy into for me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:47 - May 25 with 1396 viewsGeoffSentence

The really big problem was that he, the chief advisor responsible for the rules, basically said that they could be interpreted for our own individual situations making them guidelines not rules at all.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:48 - May 25 with 1389 viewsmonytowbray

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:38 - May 25 by Tonytown

The press missed a chance to nail him about the Barnard Castle trip on his wife’s birthday.

Also does she drive as if she does then there was no need to go to BC that day.

The child should have been left with his nieces though and if you’re eyesight is dodgy you shouldn’t drive.

Why they weren’t put to him is beyond me

The press were handpicked for reasons to do with that, and I feel some did tow the line less than others.

Laura K’s question was loaded to make him look good with “Do you regret...” at the start and he failed even that basic test to simply answer “yes” and get some public sympathy.

Pippa Crerar, who has been the main public press face pushing this exclusive, wasn’t there today. There’s a reason for that, and it stems from the exact things you say in your post.

Don’t panic, there’s more to come I’d say.

TWTD never forgets…

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:48 - May 25 with 1385 viewsm14_blue

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:43 - May 25 by itfcjoe

Statement fine, but when picked apart easy to see how it doesn’t make any real sense.

Clear breaches with phoney claims and other claims of ‘exceptional circumstances’ which any parent can see aren’t exceptional.

When directly asked for apologies, or regret, he didn’t show any and all the faux contrition in statement lost by that because of the headlines and iPhone notifications that come through based on that.

People who supported him, still will, those that don’t still wont but to me he didn’t do enough for that big middle group to buy into for me

Agreed.

Why he couldn’t just bring himself to say he regretted it is beyond me.

He fcuked up, it happens, it’s the reaction that has really angered so many and I don’t think all the waffling about details really changes that.
Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:49 - May 25 with 1384 viewsSpruceMoose

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:43 - May 25 by itfcjoe

One thing my American experience has taught me is not to expect the press to come to the rescue. Their goals and the goals of the public are not aligned. They are not our ally.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 19:28 - May 25 with 1339 viewsEireannach_gorm

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 17:52 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

Ok, I'll give you he was calm. It all went downhill from there though.

Sociopaths are like that.
Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 19:43 - May 25 with 1318 viewssparks

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:49 - May 25 by SpruceMoose

One thing my American experience has taught me is not to expect the press to come to the rescue. Their goals and the goals of the public are not aligned. They are not our ally.

Nor are they skilled at incisive questions as opposed to cliched article filling ones.

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 19:56 - May 25 with 1294 viewsGlasgowBlue

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 19:43 - May 25 by sparks

Nor are they skilled at incisive questions as opposed to cliched article filling ones.

That's what I have taken from this.

The press seem to ask too many questions so the person under pressure picks which one to answer and brushes aside the rest.

Starmer, being a Lawyer, asks just one question at a time. He either gets an answer, often made up under pressure, or exposes Johnson as not giving one.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 20:03 - May 25 with 1286 viewsbluelagos

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 19:56 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

The press seem to ask too many questions so the person under pressure picks which one to answer and brushes aside the rest.

Starmer, being a Lawyer, asks just one question at a time. He either gets an answer, often made up under pressure, or exposes Johnson as not giving one.

Thought exactly that when the Daily Express jounro asked BJ a really good question on DC, then threw him a bone on the shops opening soon. No surprises which one he answered and which one he ignored.

KS wont be as easily played at PMQs

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 20:55 - May 25 with 1239 viewsSwansea_Blue

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 19:56 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

There is that. It also helps when the 'defendant' weaves a narrative of intrigue giving them many ridiculous things to focus on rather than the relevant points. I suppose it's their job to wade through the bull though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 22:40 - May 25 with 1181 viewsPinewoodblue

Broadly speaking he has done quite well on 18:49 - May 25 by SpruceMoose

But if the Guardian and Mail are on the same side you are in trouble.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024