Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike Ashley 21:14 - May 25 with 5170 viewsdusseldorf_blue

Anyone else see this on their facebook feed from the Marcus Evans out of ITFC folks?
Mike Ashley on 21:16 - May 25 with 5137 viewsSpruceMoose

Seen what?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Mike Ashley on 21:17 - May 25 with 5137 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mike Ashley on 21:16 - May 25 by SpruceMoose

Seen what?!

THIS

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mike Ashley on 21:19 - May 25 with 5121 viewsdusseldorf_blue

Mike Ashley on 21:16 - May 25 by SpruceMoose

Seen what?!

Mike Ashley (SportsDirect.com) is rumoured to be interested in purchasing Ipswich Town Football Club. Ashley, who has allegedly to have relocated to East Anglia recently, is also considering making a bid to take over the former BHS in the Butter Market and turn it into a major new Ipswich site for his brands. The Sunday Mirror says he is "is already looking at purchasing a club,which, in the past has won the league and the FA Cup but has since slipped a fair way down the football ladder.“

“But he still has the energy and drive to rescue an underachieving club whose owner wants out.“

Under Mike Ashley, Newcastle United won two Sky Bet Championship titles (2009—10, 2016—17) and have spent the majority of his tenure in the Premier League. In roughly the same time-frame Marcus Evans owned Ipswich Town Football Club have not played a single game of top flight football, and have continually set records for low finishes, low attendance and the club is now in the third division, with £100million debt, the majority of which was run up by, and is owed to marcus evans Group due to their failed ownership and management of the club.
Mike Ashley on 21:20 - May 25 with 5085 viewsSpruceMoose

Mike Ashley on 21:19 - May 25 by dusseldorf_blue

Mike Ashley (SportsDirect.com) is rumoured to be interested in purchasing Ipswich Town Football Club. Ashley, who has allegedly to have relocated to East Anglia recently, is also considering making a bid to take over the former BHS in the Butter Market and turn it into a major new Ipswich site for his brands. The Sunday Mirror says he is "is already looking at purchasing a club,which, in the past has won the league and the FA Cup but has since slipped a fair way down the football ladder.“

“But he still has the energy and drive to rescue an underachieving club whose owner wants out.“

Under Mike Ashley, Newcastle United won two Sky Bet Championship titles (2009—10, 2016—17) and have spent the majority of his tenure in the Premier League. In roughly the same time-frame Marcus Evans owned Ipswich Town Football Club have not played a single game of top flight football, and have continually set records for low finishes, low attendance and the club is now in the third division, with £100million debt, the majority of which was run up by, and is owed to marcus evans Group due to their failed ownership and management of the club.

Just when I thought today couldn't get any worse. It would be peak banter era for Evans to offload us onto Ashley.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Mike Ashley on 21:21 - May 25 with 5083 viewsdusseldorf_blue

Mike Ashley on 21:20 - May 25 by SpruceMoose

Just when I thought today couldn't get any worse. It would be peak banter era for Evans to offload us onto Ashley.

I imagine there is as much truth in this as the rest of the content on their page
Mike Ashley on 21:24 - May 25 with 5058 viewsChutney

"Ashley, who has allegedly to have relocated to".

I'm not going to trust someone who can't write.

They've literally seen the Sunday Mirror story and put 2 and 2 together, then shoehorned in some BS about the Butter Market.

Nothing to see here.
Mike Ashley on 21:24 - May 25 with 5051 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He gives out dafter contracts than Evans.

7 years to Alan Pardew.

Alan Pardew managed the club in 2010-2014. Alan Pardew's contract at Newcastle will only expire this summer. Unbelieveable.

We would be shoe in for, Alan Pardew, Steve McLaren or Joe Kinnear.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Mike Ashley on 21:32 - May 25 with 4991 viewsITFC_Forever

Take anything that bunch of imbeciles spout with an enormous pinch of salt.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Mike Ashley on 21:44 - May 25 with 4944 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I knew it was waffle as soon as I read the second line. He is a fellow midlands man now living don south like myself.

He lives in Totteridge, Barnet and hasn't recently moved to East Anglia.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 21:44]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Mike Ashley on 08:53 - May 26 with 4449 viewsglasso

I think this reads like a piece of PR from his camp. He probably has bought/is going to buy the building to open a store (not really much of a story), so he leaks the idea that he MIGHT be the great saviour of the town's poor little football club and suddenly it's a big local story
Mike Ashley on 09:19 - May 26 with 4349 viewstiptreeblue

I had a message from a friend who lives in derby, on the 26th of April, that Ashley was interested in Ipswich, if he sold Newcastle
Mike Ashley on 10:57 - May 26 with 4172 viewshoppy

Mike Ashley on 21:44 - May 25 by TheTrueBlue1878

I knew it was waffle as soon as I read the second line. He is a fellow midlands man now living don south like myself.

He lives in Totteridge, Barnet and hasn't recently moved to East Anglia.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 21:44]

You got as far as the second line??!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Mike Ashley on 11:29 - May 26 with 4067 viewsMaySixth

He drinks in my local.
I'll ask him.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Mike Ashley on 11:44 - May 26 with 4010 viewsChrisd

His appraoch always reminded my of ME's here at Town, but in the EPL. Fund to the minimum. I'm sure if you ask the Geordie fans they'll willingly drive him down to PR.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Mike Ashley on 12:40 - May 26 with 3898 viewsStadiumofdark

Mike Ashley on 21:32 - May 25 by ITFC_Forever

Take anything that bunch of imbeciles spout with an enormous pinch of salt.

Evans?
Ashley?

Who do you mean....;-)
Mike Ashley on 15:46 - May 26 with 3537 viewsrickw

I've always thought he'd be far worse than Evans, but thinking again Ashley has always spent whatever was necessary to get Newcastle to the Premier League, it's just when they're there he spends the bare minimum and pockets the rest......

Is that any better?

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Mike Ashley on 15:56 - May 26 with 3500 viewspointofblue

Mike Ashley on 15:46 - May 26 by rickw

I've always thought he'd be far worse than Evans, but thinking again Ashley has always spent whatever was necessary to get Newcastle to the Premier League, it's just when they're there he spends the bare minimum and pockets the rest......

Is that any better?

I guess he might spend the bare minimum to get to the Championship and let us rot there?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mike Ashley on 16:04 - May 26 with 3470 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mike Ashley on 15:46 - May 26 by rickw

Is that any better?

His record is better than ME's by some distance. I think Bloots nailed it on the thread where Dolly asked whether he surely couldn't be worse than ME:
It's an interesting, but disturbing situation.... by Bloots 25 May 2020 22:04
….in that I sort of agree with you.

I feel dirty.

He's not someone I'd be proud to have associated with the club, but the reality is that there are probably very few out there who would be a great match. Given the slump under ME, I'd take a punt on someone else even if they do come across as a b@stard.

Mike Ashley on 16:05 - May 26 with 3455 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mike Ashley on 15:56 - May 26 by pointofblue

I guess he might spend the bare minimum to get to the Championship and let us rot there?

It's more about making the correct decisions than money, and Ashley has a far, far better track record there.

Mike Ashley on 16:06 - May 26 with 3452 viewsnoggin

The bit about the Buttermarket sounds legit. Where better to sell cheap tatt to chavs?
[Post edited 26 May 2020 16:10]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024