Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gove on BBC Breakfast now 07:41 - May 26 with 5414 viewsDubtractor

Such a snivelling turd.

These awful human beings really are treating our country as fools.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 07:47 - May 26 with 3735 viewsLibero

I can’t help but feel a little bit bitter towards anyone that has voted for these souless b@stards for the last decade.

So disingenuous and self serving.
Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:02 - May 26 with 3681 viewsm14_blue

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 07:47 - May 26 by Libero

I can’t help but feel a little bit bitter towards anyone that has voted for these souless b@stards for the last decade.

Save your anger for the conmen, not the gullible who have been conned.
Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:06 - May 26 with 3662 viewsPinewoodblue

There is another group you should consider. The don’t knows or don’t cares. Those who just don’t vote. A significant number of those you loath are not going to change concentrate on non voters, convince them they matter.

Perhaps they are unable to take responsibility for the consequences of voting.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:08 - May 26 with 3660 viewsHerbivore

A quick scan of twitter this morning shows that plenty have been successfully gaslighted by the government into believing Cummings did nothing wrong and this is all a left wing media witch hunt.

"They told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command".

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:10 - May 26 with 3646 viewsPinewoodblue

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:08 - May 26 by Herbivore

A quick scan of twitter this morning shows that plenty have been successfully gaslighted by the government into believing Cummings did nothing wrong and this is all a left wing media witch hunt.

"They told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command".

Orchestrated. What is today’s buzz word or phrase?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:14 - May 26 with 3627 viewsitfcjoe

Just a massive gaslighting operation

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:16 - May 26 with 3613 viewsblueislander

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:10 - May 26 by Pinewoodblue

My eyesight hasn’t been good lately, so I decided to get my wife and smalll child in the car, and drive for an hour to see if I was fit to drive. That’s OK isn’t it?
Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:25 - May 26 with 3573 viewsartsbossbeard

When Orwell's 1984 quotes are used correctly.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:31 - May 26 with 3553 viewsDubtractor

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:10 - May 26 by Pinewoodblue

'Honour and integrity'.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:41 - May 26 with 3519 viewsHerbivore

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:31 - May 26 by Dubtractor

'Honour and integrity'.

I called this a few days ago, that not only would they spin and trash the media, they would actually turn Cummings into a saint for his services to fatherhood. It's sickening.

He has done nothing to demonstrate that his circumstances justified leaving London. He couldn't even get straight whether he thought his wife had Covid-19 or not. One minute she did, but when it was pointed out how reckless it was to travel suddenly she was ill but didn't have Covid symptoms. If she didn't have Covid symptoms then why was the situation so grave as to warrant breaking lockdown rules? She wasn't ill enough for him to stay home from work that afternoon, he went back to Downing Street. It's all total boll0cks but some continue to lap it up.

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:46 - May 26 with 3508 viewsartsbossbeard

One of the worst things about modern society/social media is that "lefty" is now used as a derogatory term for people who actually care about others. Normally by people with "Love the NHS" as their bio picture.

That's how far we have came.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 8:47]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:46 - May 26 with 3508 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's one of the worst of them. He's mendacious and duplicitous, and I don't even know what that means!

I'm fairly convinced Johnson has spent so long telling people what he thinks they want to hear so that he can be the loveable clown (in his head) that can't tell fact from fiction any more. Gove though is thoroughly dishonest and deceitful in a calculated way. With huge dollops of arrogance and contempt for us on top.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:47 - May 26 with 3494 viewsLibero

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:02 - May 26 by m14_blue

Is it not possible to hold contempt for both?
Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:50 - May 26 with 3474 viewsartsbossbeard

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:46 - May 26 by Swansea_Blue

He's one of the worst of them. He's mendacious and duplicitous, and I don't even know what that means!

I'm fairly convinced Johnson has spent so long telling people what he thinks they want to hear so that he can be the loveable clown (in his head) that can't tell fact from fiction any more. Gove though is thoroughly dishonest and deceitful in a calculated way. With huge dollops of arrogance and contempt for us on top.

I honestly think that Johnson would actually pass lie a detector test. This stuff is so far ingrained in his brain that he doesn't know what is a lie or the truth any more.

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:51 - May 26 with 3461 viewsLibero

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:06 - May 26 by Pinewoodblue

There is another group you should consider. The don’t knows or don’t cares. Those who just don’t vote. A significant number of those you loath are not going to change concentrate on non voters, convince them they matter.

Perhaps they are unable to take responsibility for the consequences of voting.

There’s something vastly more sincere about those that actively choose to not take part than those who cast their vote for these scumbags time and time again, regardless of how it effects those they care about, themselves and essential services.
Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:54 - May 26 with 3445 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:50 - May 26 by artsbossbeard

I honestly think that Johnson would actually pass lie a detector test. This stuff is so far ingrained in his brain that he doesn't know what is a lie or the truth any more.

It's the pained look he has when he gets called out and realises he might actually have been lying. I think you're right, he's weaved so many fictions he separate them from reality.

Like that nonsense with his glasses last night - he might as well have said Covid made his legs drop off whilst standing in front of the lectern!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:59 - May 26 with 3420 viewsDarth_Koont

What about those who have routinely gone out to bat and campaign for them?

Gulp.

Pronouns: He/Him

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:03 - May 26 with 3401 viewsOldsmoker

As the main strategists of the Vote Leave group, both Gove and Cummings were directly involved in the 350m for the NHS slogan on that bus.
They twisted the facts then and have this time.
They can't help themselves, it's what weasels do.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 9:05]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:04 - May 26 with 3389 viewsitfcjoe

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:41 - May 26 by Herbivore

I called this a few days ago, that not only would they spin and trash the media, they would actually turn Cummings into a saint for his services to fatherhood. It's sickening.

He has done nothing to demonstrate that his circumstances justified leaving London. He couldn't even get straight whether he thought his wife had Covid-19 or not. One minute she did, but when it was pointed out how reckless it was to travel suddenly she was ill but didn't have Covid symptoms. If she didn't have Covid symptoms then why was the situation so grave as to warrant breaking lockdown rules? She wasn't ill enough for him to stay home from work that afternoon, he went back to Downing Street. It's all total boll0cks but some continue to lap it up.

The whole story seemed to be backward engineered from the facts that were out there - she was ill withj Covid symptoms so went home then back into the office then home again to travel up there because it was exceptional circumstances.

But no she didn't have symptoms otherwise I couldn't travel, but then the circumstances weren't excpetional, so had to give that another go.

Just taking aim at the media for making things up when everything was actually true bar a reported 3rd trip which was never really given as much weighting as anything. The most fake news was in his wife's piece in the media.

Media this, media that - plenty will lap that up and have done so. And they think it's a joke when you tell them they'd be better of in North Korea.

This from Lewis Goodall was good on Twitter, and makes you ponder:

Today is a test of a mode of politics, a mode Cummings made. His remarks were laced with attacks on the media. He didn’t give an inch even when it was clear that what he was saying wasn’t correct. It’s a way of doing politics which has been v successful. Has it reached its limit?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:06 - May 26 with 3364 viewsLibero

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:59 - May 26 by Darth_Koont

What about those who have routinely gone out to bat and campaign for them?

Gulp.

Chriiiist, yeah, this conversation is just making me feel even more despondent.

There are some who wholeheartedly believe in their ideology, it’s those people I feel the worst for.

Going to get some fresh air with the lad, sociallay distanced walk with my sister, that’ll hopefully shake off the malaise I’ve woken up with.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 9:07]
Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:07 - May 26 with 3353 viewsCBBlue

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:02 - May 26 by m14_blue

I've been amazed at some of the facebook posts I've seen recently, one shared a post (NOT ironically) about how great Boris is, it stated that:
a) Boris had the virus and worked when still feeling poorly
b) He idn't take paternity leave
c) He gave out £12 billion to help us
d) They've never known a PM who cares as much for this country as Boris does
e) He's doing a great job and you try and do better.

The person sharing it is not your average Tory voter, them and their partner are on benefits. And one of the (unfortunately many) people who 'liked' the post also live on benefits and have dealings with 'authority' quite often.

Where do you start when the types of people the tories despise so much actually think Boris is the greatest thing ever?

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:08 - May 26 with 3347 viewsartsbossbeard

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 08:41 - May 26 by Herbivore

I know James O'Brien is well left of centre but he made a brilliant point yesterday:

By obeying lockdown rules you've proven that you don't love your children as much as Dominic Cummings does.

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:11 - May 26 with 3325 viewsDarth_Koont

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:04 - May 26 by itfcjoe

The whole story seemed to be backward engineered from the facts that were out there - she was ill withj Covid symptoms so went home then back into the office then home again to travel up there because it was exceptional circumstances.

But no she didn't have symptoms otherwise I couldn't travel, but then the circumstances weren't excpetional, so had to give that another go.

Just taking aim at the media for making things up when everything was actually true bar a reported 3rd trip which was never really given as much weighting as anything. The most fake news was in his wife's piece in the media.

Media this, media that - plenty will lap that up and have done so. And they think it's a joke when you tell them they'd be better of in North Korea.

Today is a test of a mode of politics, a mode Cummings made. His remarks were laced with attacks on the media. He didn’t give an inch even when it was clear that what he was saying wasn’t correct. It’s a way of doing politics which has been v successful. Has it reached its limit?

It's not a test "today".

We've had this sorry gaslighting narrative for years just that people are personally offended by this particular bit. Otherwise it would be business as normal.

I'm starting to get more worried about people's response to this and wondering where their brains and principles have been. It's an aide who broke the rules and should resign FFS. That pales into utter insignificance compared to what we've allowed before now - and probably will after.

Pronouns: He/Him

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:14 - May 26 with 3309 viewsHerbivore

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:04 - May 26 by itfcjoe

I've got someone on twitter currently trying to tell me that The Mail, who have been critical of Cummings, is anti-government and anti-Brexit. Where do you even begin with that? Brexit has poisoned this country massively and created huge divides and has ramped tribal politics up to the max. We know who was responsible for that and they are now running the country with total impunity.

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:18 - May 26 with 3278 viewsartsbossbeard

Gove on BBC Breakfast now on 09:14 - May 26 by Herbivore

I've got someone on twitter currently trying to tell me that The Mail, who have been critical of Cummings, is anti-government and anti-Brexit. Where do you even begin with that? Brexit has poisoned this country massively and created huge divides and has ramped tribal politics up to the max. We know who was responsible for that and they are now running the country with total impunity.

I've just had a look at Tom Hunt's FB page - he's actually sitting on the fence presently (I suspect like most of us, he's expecting a follow up to emerge this week) and judging by the comments, it's all the media's fault.

Someone has compared Cummings to Princess Di AND has also called The French "frogs" with nobody pulling him up for it but getting loads of likes. This country.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024