Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First ministerial resignation over Cummings then 09:30 - May 26 with 1610 viewsSteve_M

This definitely isn't going away.

Well done Mr Ross.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 09:44 - May 26 with 1519 viewstractordownsouth

Glad he's had the integrity to do this. Will be interesting to see if any bigger names, or MPs in safe seats, follow.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 09:55 - May 26 with 1474 viewsSwansea_Blue

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 09:44 - May 26 by tractordownsouth

Glad he's had the integrity to do this. Will be interesting to see if any bigger names, or MPs in safe seats, follow.

I'm not aware of Ross standing and worth as an MP, but the fact he's done this suggests he does have integrity as you say. We don't want people like that to resign though, it'll just weaken the Tories further as happened with the Great Purge of sensibles last autumn. That's not good for anyone.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 10:01 - May 26 with 1456 viewsThisIsMyUsername

What a shame and irony that the actions of the vile elite can result in there being fewer decent politicians, as those with morals and decency no longer wish to be a part of it, so the vile get stronger still.

Fair play to him for realising he doesn't wish to work under the employ of such people.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 10:22 - May 26 with 1393 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

#collateraldamage

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 10:28 - May 26 with 1378 viewsPJH

Nice (and unusual) to see a Tory with a conscience and integrity.

I don't imagine that any of the self important members of the inner cabinet will change their tune though.
First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 10:40 - May 26 with 1342 viewsWeWereZombies

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 10:22 - May 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

#collateraldamage

And when you no longer have collateral the bank calls in your mortgage and you lose the roof over your head.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 10:55 - May 26 with 1282 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 10:40 - May 26 by WeWereZombies

And when you no longer have collateral the bank calls in your mortgage and you lose the roof over your head.

When a junior minister resigns and people have to Google his name, it rarely has an impact.

It would really need to be someone far more senior to have an impact.

That may well happen yet.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 11:01 - May 26 with 1265 viewstractordownsouth

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 10:55 - May 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

When a junior minister resigns and people have to Google his name, it rarely has an impact.

I think we'd need to see at least 2 cabinet level ministers resign for it to cause anymore damage to the govt.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 11:06 - May 26 with 1245 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 11:01 - May 26 by tractordownsouth

I think we'd need to see at least 2 cabinet level ministers resign for it to cause anymore damage to the govt.

I suspect the core team was canvassed prior to yesterday's press conf.

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 11:16 - May 26 with 1222 viewsWeWereZombies

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 10:55 - May 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

So what is the logic of resigning, does he have principles or is he a stalking horse for a challenge to Johnson's position?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 11:17 - May 26 with 1214 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 11:16 - May 26 by WeWereZombies

So what is the logic of resigning, does he have principles or is he a stalking horse for a challenge to Johnson's position?

I'm not saying he is wrong to resign, he is acting as he sees fit.

I'm just saying that his resignation is unlikely to have much material impact.

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 11:21 - May 26 with 1200 viewsm14_blue

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 11:06 - May 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

I suspect the core team was canvassed prior to yesterday's press conf.

According to The Times the cabinet weren’t even told it was happening.

They’re treated with just as much contempt as the rest of us (but they are far more deserving of it).
First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 11:24 - May 26 with 1181 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 11:21 - May 26 by m14_blue

According to The Times the cabinet weren’t even told it was happening.

They’re treated with just as much contempt as the rest of us (but they are far more deserving of it).

Interesting.

I guess the next move depends on whether anyone fancies becoming the next PM at the moment. Doubtful I would have thought.

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 11:33 - May 26 with 1150 viewsm14_blue

First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 11:24 - May 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Interesting.

I guess the next move depends on whether anyone fancies becoming the next PM at the moment. Doubtful I would have thought.

Agreed, not sure any of them are strong enough or principled enough to make a stand.

Most of them are already punching way above their weight and they know it.
First ministerial resignation over Cummings then on 12:02 - May 26 with 1101 viewsFenboyBlue

Yesterday I saw a frontline NHS doctor on the news who says he will resign if Cummings doesn't quit by a certain date. I think there are several more NHS doctors considering doing this also. If it gets to that stage and the 2nd wave media storm that will undoubtedly follow how on earth could he continue with his job. He'll be ridiculed and jeered everywhere he goes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024