Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign 16:16 - May 26 with 3438 viewstractordownsouth

That's it then. Will of the people, Cummings has to go. No changing your mind if further evidence comes to light.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 16:18 - May 26 with 3074 viewsBlueBadger

Hope the 48% get over it, they lost here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 16:24 - May 26 with 3043 viewsfooters

So that's 54% of Tories who think Cummings should remain after breaking his own lockdown rules during the worst pandemic in 100 years, and two thirds who think Islam is a threat to the British way of life. What lovely people.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 16:45 - May 26 with 2987 viewsGarv

Does anyone genuinely still give a flying one? Mad that it's still a story.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 16:48 - May 26 with 2962 viewsBlueBadger

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 16:45 - May 26 by Garv

Most decent human beings and a fair few Tories as well do, so yes?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 16:50 - May 26 with 2960 viewstractordownsouth

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 16:45 - May 26 by Garv

Yep. His story is full of holes, and he hasn't apologised.

It's being defended by the PM under the guise of him looking after his family. He's implying that the thousands of people in similar situations, that had to look after their kids whilst ill, were either too stupid or didn't care about their child enough not to break the rules.

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 17:06 - May 26 with 2934 viewsFixed_It

Well. The people who followed guidelines and didn't see loved ones before they died? The people who didn't attend funerals? The people who haven't seen family members for months? The people who haven't been on family outings for weeks?
I think that list of people who might give a flying fck should do for starters....

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 17:19 - May 26 with 2903 viewsSwansea_Blue

I do, but more about the government response to it. Anyone who cares about the state of our politics should be very worried about how it's been handled. I'm less interested in the Cummings family's travel arrangements.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 20:46 - May 26 with 2788 viewsJ2BLUE

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 16:50 - May 26 by tractordownsouth

Yep. His story is full of holes, and he hasn't apologised.

It's being defended by the PM under the guise of him looking after his family. He's implying that the thousands of people in similar situations, that had to look after their kids whilst ill, were either too stupid or didn't care about their child enough not to break the rules.

How much difference would an apology make to you? You've become hardcore Labour. Would a pretend apology from someone who doesn't mean it make any difference or is it only his head that will do?

For the record I think he's a complete cock and removing him from government would be a victory for the nation.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 20:58 - May 26 with 2763 viewsmrshallisfit

That comment says more about your moral compass.
YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 21:09 - May 26 with 2747 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 20:46 - May 26 by J2BLUE

How much difference would an apology make to you? You've become hardcore Labour. Would a pretend apology from someone who doesn't mean it make any difference or is it only his head that will do?

For the record I think he's a complete cock and removing him from government would be a victory for the nation.

The time for an apology was at the very latest when Johnson and Cummings knew the press had the story. What's that? 5 weeks ago or so. Break the story themselves at that time, have Cummings show some contrition, hit him with the standard fine and give perhaps a public dressing down and they may have got away with it.

How the whole situation has been handled is the bigger issue isn't it? The damage that has and probably will continue to do to the country's response to the pandemic, the extra lives that might cost, the resentment, anger and frustration that has caused, the message that gives as to where control lies, the insight, were it needed, into what a self-serving and arrogant bunch we have directing our lives and how much they hold us in contempt.

All these things surely outweigh Cummings saying, "I'm sorry", don't they?

I'm old enough to remember when Conservative politicians used to smile as they shafted you, now they sneer (it might be that they always sneered of course and I was just too green to spot it).

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 22:17 - May 26 with 2698 viewstractordownsouth

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 20:46 - May 26 by J2BLUE

Doesn't bother me too much personally, but the arrogance and entitlement is clear. He strolled in to the press conference half an hour late, played the sympathy card, had the nation watching for an hour and yet still didn't show remorse. He should go, same as what happened to Neil Ferguson and Catherine Calderwood, but he could have avoided this scale of outrage had he accepted his wrong doing as they did. Instead we had the cabinet undermining 2 months of messaging just to save their mate.

Also I've always been Labour, just wasn't a fan of the previous leadership so am more vocal about it now. Don't think I've been tribal with this - I'm calling for Cummings to have the same consequences as the other 2 government advisors found to have floured the rules.

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 22:17 - May 26 with 2698 viewsfactual_blue

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 20:58 - May 26 by mrshallisfit

'Lack of moral compass' is, I think, what you meant to say.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 09:05 - May 27 with 2596 viewsGarv

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 20:58 - May 26 by mrshallisfit

It really doesn't.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 9:05]

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 09:15 - May 27 with 2565 viewsGarv

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 17:06 - May 26 by Fixed_It

Well. The people who followed guidelines and didn't see loved ones before they died? The people who didn't attend funerals? The people who haven't seen family members for months? The people who haven't been on family outings for weeks?
I think that list of people who might give a flying fck should do for starters....

And those who have done some of those things because they didn't follow the guidelines? Surely you have to recognise the difference between people who clearly haven't given a toss about the rules, and what this guy has done?

Cummings isn't some evil mastermind trying to get one over on the general public. He made a decision based on his family. Anyone in these times not using a little bit of judgement where needed is frankly mental.

I genuinely don't see the point in having him removed, apart from making sections of the public and the press happy and feeling like they've had a win.

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 09:39 - May 27 with 2546 viewstractordownsouth

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 09:15 - May 27 by Garv

And those who have done some of those things because they didn't follow the guidelines? Surely you have to recognise the difference between people who clearly haven't given a toss about the rules, and what this guy has done?

Cummings isn't some evil mastermind trying to get one over on the general public. He made a decision based on his family. Anyone in these times not using a little bit of judgement where needed is frankly mental.

I genuinely don't see the point in having him removed, apart from making sections of the public and the press happy and feeling like they've had a win.

"Cummings isn't some evil mastermind trying to get one over on the general public"

That's literally his job

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 13:57 - May 27 with 2490 viewsHerbivore

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 09:15 - May 27 by Garv

Oh Garv, you're always on the wrong side of history.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 14:46 - May 27 with 2465 viewsGarv

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 13:57 - May 27 by Herbivore

Excellent input as ever.

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 14:54 - May 27 with 2448 viewsSpruceMoose

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 13:57 - May 27 by Herbivore

Like I said the other day. Take this forum back 100 years and there would be plenty of posters complaing about women getting the vote.

Some folk just never see how out of step they are when they're in the moment.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 15:07 - May 27 with 2427 viewsurbanblue

'Surely you have to recognise the difference between people who clearly haven't given a toss about the rules, and what this guy has done?'

As far as I can see Cummings didn't give a toss about the rules!

Not withstanding your point, it's not just what he did, but the absolute arrogance, disdain, deniability. and total lack of empathy for how people feel about this. If he had fessed up at the start, admitted an error of judgement and apologised maybe everyone would have moved on.

As for the bull about testing his eyesight on his wife's birthday ... words fail me!
YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 15:31 - May 27 with 2410 viewsHerbivore

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 14:46 - May 27 by Garv

Excellent input as ever.

I'm not sure it warranted more, mate. I tend to give the level of input the post I'm responding to deserves.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 15:36 - May 27 with 2403 viewsm14_blue

Good grief.

I haven’t actually seen any real people stupid enough to fall for the party line before (not including twitter bots) but there’s a first time for everything.

Do you also believe that his trip to a tourist town on his wife’s birthday was to test his eyesight?

You’ve been had mate, they’re laughing at you and you don’t even know it. Gove could barely keep a straight face during his farcical defence on LBC.
YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 15:41 - May 27 with 2391 viewsSarge

Dominic Cummings is responsible for the socio-political and economic damage that this country inflicted on itself as a result of the Vote Leave campaign. A campaign of flat out lies and misrepresentation that preyed on people’s naivety, hardship, lack of knowledge and sometimes plain xenophobia.

He should be removed for that alone, if this is what does it then so be it.
YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 15:45 - May 27 with 2385 viewsm14_blue

YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 15:07 - May 27 by urbanblue

'Surely you have to recognise the difference between people who clearly haven't given a toss about the rules, and what this guy has done?'

As far as I can see Cummings didn't give a toss about the rules!

Not withstanding your point, it's not just what he did, but the absolute arrogance, disdain, deniability. and total lack of empathy for how people feel about this. If he had fessed up at the start, admitted an error of judgement and apologised maybe everyone would have moved on.

As for the bull about testing his eyesight on his wife's birthday ... words fail me!

Of course he didn’t, and what he did was far, far worse than some normal joe public going to a BBQ.

This guy thought he actually had Covid and travelled the length of the country.
This is the guy who makes the rules.

It beggars belief that anyone is willing to parrot his pathetic weasel words as some sort of defence now. I couldn’t care less if he resigns but the whole government has lost all public trust at a time when we all need it to be higher than ever.

People will die unnecessarily because of this but still people trot out ridiculous lies because they wear blue ties.
YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 15:54 - May 27 with 2361 viewsbluejacko

I find it amazing you still actually take any notice of polls🙃
YouGov poll says 52% of leave voters want Cummings to resign on 17:29 - May 27 with 2308 viewsFenboyBlue

Get Cexit done then!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024