Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules 17:21 - May 26 with 3444 viewsGeoffSentence

As guidelines, several times.

It seems that is how the government is viewing them now. So no more fines for people?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:23 - May 26 with 2592 viewsDanTheMan

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:25 - May 26 with 2568 viewsSteve_M

A man of integrity is Hancock:

The willingness to trash weeks of public health advice to protect one political appointee is incredible.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:28 - May 26 with 2560 viewsgtsb1966

It's noticeable tonight when he's answering questions he doesn't give the journalists a chance to comment on his answers. It's so obvious and makes them look even worse imho.
Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:29 - May 26 with 2541 viewstonybied

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:28 - May 26 by gtsb1966

It's noticeable tonight when he's answering questions he doesn't give the journalists a chance to comment on his answers. It's so obvious and makes them look even worse imho.

Boris did the same last night too.
Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:31 - May 26 with 2512 viewsAce_High1

Yes having to back track a lot and when you think of it, why? All to protect one man.

Shocking.
Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:32 - May 26 with 2503 viewsfactual_blue

My instinct is now that I won't be downloading, let alone using, the Track & Trace app.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:35 - May 26 with 2490 viewsjeera

I'm sure it will have been mentioned on here today but can't be bothered to sift through, but at least one Tory Mp has integrity and the willingness to back up his values.

Douglas Ross resigning sends out the signal that not all are toeing the line on this nonsense.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:39 - May 26 with 2462 viewsSteve_M

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:35 - May 26 by jeera

I'm sure it will have been mentioned on here today but can't be bothered to sift through, but at least one Tory Mp has integrity and the willingness to back up his values.

Douglas Ross resigning sends out the signal that not all are toeing the line on this nonsense.

It's 30 of them I think who have now called for Cummings to go.

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:40 - May 26 with 2454 viewsSpruceMoose

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:39 - May 26 by Steve_M

Until they actually act on their convictions and quit themselves it's all just PR and window dressing to my mind.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:43 - May 26 with 2437 viewsSarge

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:40 - May 26 by SpruceMoose

Until they actually act on their convictions and quit themselves it's all just PR and window dressing to my mind.

The problem is if the ones with some remnant of a conscience quit, then the party will be entirely made up of lying, manipulative pond scum instead of just mostly made up of it.
Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:44 - May 26 with 2435 viewsfactual_blue

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:40 - May 26 by SpruceMoose

boris will be meeting with tory MPs on Wednesday (presumably virtually). I imagine he'll be put through the wringer then.

Whilst thirty have gone public with the disapproval, there's a very good chance the real number is a lot higher.

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:44 - May 26 with 2431 viewsjeera

Sure, but resignations?

I thought the guy deserved recognition for that.

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 18:09 - May 26 with 2355 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good grief. Did he really say he'd review the fines already dished out to people? So introducing retrospective legislation to pardon people who broke the law just to protect Cummings and his constructed version of events.

I'm lost for words at that. They're corrupt and out of control.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 18:14 - May 26 with 2314 viewsm14_blue

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 18:09 - May 26 by Swansea_Blue

Good grief. Did he really say he'd review the fines already dished out to people? So introducing retrospective legislation to pardon people who broke the law just to protect Cummings and his constructed version of events.

This is just mad, how can it be happening in 21st century Britain??
Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 18:15 - May 26 with 2299 viewsRadlett_blue

Cummings has always been unpopular with a large number of the Tory MPs. Some of them see this as a chance to get rid of him, behind the facade of moral outrage.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 18:15 - May 26 with 2298 viewsSteve_M

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:44 - May 26 by jeera

Sure, but resignations?

I thought the guy deserved recognition for that.

Oh, definitely. I posted the same on Ross earlier.

Given Johnson and Cummings kicked Churchill's grandson and the man who was Chancellor just over a year ago or if the party then I don't think those MPs - especially the junior ones - are doing something without risk.

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 18:16 - May 26 with 2288 viewsPJH

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 18:14 - May 26 by m14_blue

This is just mad, how can it be happening in 21st century Britain??

and Cummings probably hasn't put in his expense claim for his petrol money for his Durham trip(s) yet.
Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 18:17 - May 26 with 2283 viewsShawsey

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 18:09 - May 26 by Swansea_Blue

Love the avatar. It did make me chuckle.
Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 18:27 - May 26 with 2240 viewsmonytowbray

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 17:32 - May 26 by factual_blue

My instinct is now that I won't be downloading, let alone using, the Track & Trace app.

Wasn’t going to anyway. Downloading an app Cummings has been involved in that harvests data (because let’s be honest, would YOU believe him if he said it won’t?) is like giving Boris Johnson the keys to the Playboy Mansion.

I have a feeling the app will fail massively on uptake off the back of the government’s recent efforts to destroy any drop of trust the public had left.

Can we call it “fascism” yet is what I want to know? Politicians above the public and free from repercussions. Editing the past to paint them in a good light for nothing more than egos. Harsh immigration laws on the table. Creating distrust in the media. At this rate I’d be amazed if we ever have a general election again.

Thanks British public, you were warned many times but it’s all the left wing’s fault for not telling you in a way that pandered to your racism or fragile ego.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 18:28 - May 26 with 2238 viewsfactual_blue

He said he''ll speak to his Treasury colleagues, who will tell him to fukc off.

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 18:34 - May 26 with 2210 viewsjeera

The bloke from Leicester will be happy.

I always felt he had a point anyway.

As a family man with kids to feed, it's not unreasonable to nip down to London for a loaf of bread or two.

#instinct #survival

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 18:35 - May 26 with 2199 viewsPlums

Indeed. I remember laughing at nations that acted like that. TWTD

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 18:36 - May 26 with 2194 viewsgordon

Now backtracking and not going to retrospectively change the law to make it look like Dom didn't break it.

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 18:56 - May 26 with 2137 viewsbluelagos

If the police have been handing out illegal fines to innocent people will those officers be investigated / face disciplinary actions?

Cos if not, it would suggest that they weren't handing out dodgy fines, rather they were interpreting the law exactly as it stands...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 19:03 - May 26 with 2112 viewsSwansea_Blue

Matt Hancock just referred to the lockdown rules on 18:36 - May 26 by gordon

Now backtracking and not going to retrospectively change the law to make it look like Dom didn't break it.

Ah so just Hancock being incompetent as usual, ta.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024