Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No follow up questions allowed today 17:53 - May 26 with 2492 viewsreusersfreekicks

Robert Peston dismissed in a sentence!
Gloves are well and truly off
[Post edited 26 May 2020 17:58]
No follow up questions allowed today on 17:56 - May 26 with 2071 viewsRadlett_blue

These daily "news conferences" have outlived their usefulness as very rarely is there any meaningful news. They should be reduced, maybe done only when there is actually something to announce.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

No follow up questions allowed today on 17:59 - May 26 with 2040 viewsSpruceMoose

No follow up questions allowed today on 17:56 - May 26 by Radlett_blue

These daily "news conferences" have outlived their usefulness as very rarely is there any meaningful news. They should be reduced, maybe done only when there is actually something to announce.

The press should boycott them until the lying stops. Let him tall to an empty room.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

No follow up questions allowed today on 17:59 - May 26 with 2041 viewsSwansea_Blue

The pressers aren't long enough to let Peston finish asking a question, are they?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

He only took 18 seconds..... on 18:01 - May 26 with 2021 viewsBloots

No follow up questions allowed today on 17:59 - May 26 by Swansea_Blue

The pressers aren't long enough to let Peston finish asking a question, are they?

...to ask his question today.

A personal best.

The answer took 4 seconds.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Imagine British journalists.... on 18:03 - May 26 with 2016 viewsBloots

No follow up questions allowed today on 17:59 - May 26 by SpruceMoose

The press should boycott them until the lying stops. Let him tall to an empty room.

….taking the moral high ground.

What a laugh.

No follow up questions allowed today on 18:03 - May 26 with 2026 viewsBlueNomad

Totally dismissed.

Going back to other issues in these conferences. I don’t understand why nothing has yet been said about all the people who pile onto the beaches, and have done for a couple of weeks. Not only is social distancing not adhered to but there are no toilets. These people need condemnation.
No follow up questions allowed today on 18:11 - May 26 with 1969 viewsDecoy_Octopus

No follow up questions allowed today on 18:03 - May 26 by BlueNomad

Totally dismissed.

Going back to other issues in these conferences. I don’t understand why nothing has yet been said about all the people who pile onto the beaches, and have done for a couple of weeks. Not only is social distancing not adhered to but there are no toilets. These people need condemnation.

Maybe they all had exceptional childcare issues? You're allowed to travel and go out and about if you have. Also if they've driven there? Well they're only testing their eyes.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 18:13]
Imagine British journalists.... on 18:19 - May 26 with 1925 viewsmonytowbray

Imagine British journalists.... on 18:03 - May 26 by Bloots

What a laugh.

Your hot takes throughout this get ever confusing.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

No follow up questions allowed today on 18:20 - May 26 with 1924 viewsBlueNomad

No follow up questions allowed today on 18:11 - May 26 by Decoy_Octopus

Maybe they all had exceptional childcare issues? You're allowed to travel and go out and about if you have. Also if they've driven there? Well they're only testing their eyes.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 18:13]

This and Cummings are separate issues. Whatever his antics people have been crowding onto beaches, sat closely and then left dirty nappies etc.
If I knew what a "hot take" was..... on 18:21 - May 26 with 1902 viewsBloots

Imagine British journalists.... on 18:19 - May 26 by monytowbray

Your hot takes throughout this get ever confusing.

….I might be able to respond.

I'm old.

Is it something to do with a skateboard?

No follow up questions allowed today on 18:26 - May 26 with 1894 viewspointofblue

No follow up questions allowed today on 18:20 - May 26 by BlueNomad

This and Cummings are separate issues. Whatever his antics people have been crowding onto beaches, sat closely and then left dirty nappies etc.

Why should they concern themselves with guidelines when the chief advisor to the Prime Minister can’t be bothered to?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

No follow up questions allowed today on 18:27 - May 26 with 1886 viewsfactual_blue

No follow up questions allowed today on 18:20 - May 26 by BlueNomad

That was their instinct. I can understand why reasonable people might disagree, but you can't blame somebody for doing what was right for them and their families in exceptional circumstances.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If I knew what a "hot take" was..... on 18:30 - May 26 with 1860 viewsWD19

If I knew what a "hot take" was..... on 18:21 - May 26 by Bloots

I'm old.

It’s seems to be something the kids say.

In between dishing out gratuitous personal abuse from the moral high ground.
If I knew what a "hot take" was..... on 18:32 - May 26 with 1848 viewsmonytowbray

If I knew what a "hot take" was..... on 18:21 - May 26 by Bloots

I'm old.

Haha.

Nah I get the media are scummy, but also there are some very respectable journos calling for Cummings to go and they’re bang to rights.

I’m just not sure why you’d want to fan the flames of the rival brainwashed factions who laughed as Diane Abbot was continually bullied but are now upset because the media has presented facts to paint their guy the arsehole.

We’re on a one way ticket to Trumpsville politics, I feel like now is the time we put smaller matters aside to prevent that.

TWTD never forgets…

My comment was totally..... on 18:39 - May 26 with 1825 viewsBloots

If I knew what a "hot take" was..... on 18:32 - May 26 by monytowbray

Haha.

Nah I get the media are scummy, but also there are some very respectable journos calling for Cummings to go and they’re bang to rights.

I’m just not sure why you’d want to fan the flames of the rival brainwashed factions who laughed as Diane Abbot was continually bullied but are now upset because the media has presented facts to paint their guy the arsehole.

We’re on a one way ticket to Trumpsville politics, I feel like now is the time we put smaller matters aside to prevent that.

….apolitical, as they usually are.

A large proportion of journalists are either lying scum or immoral turds, whether they are left or right wing.

The same can certainly be said for our MPs.

That's my hot take matey.

No follow up questions allowed today on 18:58 - May 26 with 1767 viewsBlueNomad

No follow up questions allowed today on 18:26 - May 26 by pointofblue

Why should they concern themselves with guidelines when the chief advisor to the Prime Minister can’t be bothered to?

It started before this weekend when the Cummings story broke. All those people have put themselves, their families and others at risk. What he did was wrong but that isn’t the point I was making.
My comment was totally..... on 18:59 - May 26 with 1763 viewsm14_blue

My comment was totally..... on 18:39 - May 26 by Bloots

….apolitical, as they usually are.

A large proportion of journalists are either lying scum or immoral turds, whether they are left or right wing.

The same can certainly be said for our MPs.

That's my hot take matey.

Difficult to disagree with that but I think Callis has a point here.

The government is behaving unprecedentedly badly, in the middle of a national crisis that has claimed 40,000 lives, and they are relying on the public’s dislike of the media to enable them to get away with it.

They are deliberately stoking that fire and in doing so are further damaging our ability to fight the virus (effective messaging needs the media onside) purely for political purposes.

Our media is rubbish but this isn’t the time to be focusing on that, it’s exactly what we’re being manipulated into.
Imagine British journalists.... on 19:09 - May 26 with 1727 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Imagine British journalists.... on 18:03 - May 26 by Bloots

What a laugh.

They wouldn't take group action, they enjoy their individual time in the spotlight too much.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

No follow up questions allowed today on 19:10 - May 26 with 1728 viewsBasuco

No follow up questions allowed today on 18:58 - May 26 by BlueNomad

It started before this weekend when the Cummings story broke. All those people have put themselves, their families and others at risk. What he did was wrong but that isn’t the point I was making.

You are allowed to travel to a local beauty spot if it is your wife or partners birthday as long as you have problems with your eyesight.
No follow up questions allowed today on 19:13 - May 26 with 1706 viewsm14_blue

No follow up questions allowed today on 18:58 - May 26 by BlueNomad

Going to the beach is allowed though isn’t it?
My comment was totally..... on 19:49 - May 26 with 1599 viewsmonytowbray

My comment was totally..... on 18:59 - May 26 by m14_blue

Difficult to disagree with that but I think Callis has a point here.

The government is behaving unprecedentedly badly, in the middle of a national crisis that has claimed 40,000 lives, and they are relying on the public’s dislike of the media to enable them to get away with it.

They are deliberately stoking that fire and in doing so are further damaging our ability to fight the virus (effective messaging needs the media onside) purely for political purposes.

Our media is rubbish but this isn’t the time to be focusing on that, it’s exactly what we’re being manipulated into.

Pretty much.

TWTD never forgets…

Imagine British journalists.... on 19:53 - May 26 with 1584 viewsfooters

Imagine British journalists.... on 19:09 - May 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

They wouldn't take group action, they enjoy their individual time in the spotlight too much.

Not quite true. When Johnson and co decided to start selecting journos for 'special' lobby briefings, a lot of them did band together in protest. Quite rightly too.

However, that was about individual access rather than some grand moral cause (despite what they may have said to the contrary).

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

No follow up questions allowed today on 20:08 - May 26 with 1534 viewsBlueNomad

No follow up questions allowed today on 19:13 - May 26 by m14_blue

Going to the beach is allowed though isn’t it?

Yes but why would people want to crowd together like that? They know the dangers and surely don’t need to be told to avoid getting close. Its common sense.

You are deliberately trying to tie it in with the Cummings issue
No follow up questions allowed today on 20:14 - May 26 with 1511 viewsm14_blue

No follow up questions allowed today on 20:08 - May 26 by BlueNomad

Yes but why would people want to crowd together like that? They know the dangers and surely don’t need to be told to avoid getting close. Its common sense.

You are deliberately trying to tie it in with the Cummings issue

Huh? I don’t think it’s anything to do with DC at all and have never said it was.

I think it’s everything to do with the muddled messaging though. You say they should be dealt with but how can you deal with people who are doing what they’re allowed to do?
No follow up questions allowed today on 20:57 - May 26 with 1430 viewsFtnfwest

No follow up questions allowed today on 17:59 - May 26 by Swansea_Blue

He does better than his other half. She took 20 years to remember Boris had touched her on the knee at a party
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024