Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh dear, how sad, never mind 22:40 - May 26 with 1900 viewstractordownsouth

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 22:47 - May 26 with 1847 viewsHerbivore

I am staggered that 44% of the electorate would still vote for this shower of kunts.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 22:56 - May 26 with 1806 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 22:47 - May 26 by Herbivore

I am staggered that 44% of the electorate would still vote for this shower of kunts.

I'm not.

Large numbers of the country have been telling us that they're massively uneducated shït stains for years now.

About time we started believing them.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 01:30 - May 27 with 1690 viewsJ2BLUE

By the time the next election comes around the people who switched will have forgotten this whole episode.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 02:07 - May 27 with 1681 viewsm14_blue

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 01:30 - May 27 by J2BLUE

By the time the next election comes around the people who switched will have forgotten this whole episode.

These polls shouldn’t be seen purely in the context of a (distant) election. They are also useful to see how public trust in the government is plummeting at a time when they need to be trusted more than ever.

Although if the swing continues there may be some on the Tory benches who wonder about the wisdom of backing a shameless amoral populist who isn’t even popular.
Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 07:53 - May 27 with 1549 viewsHerbivore

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 01:30 - May 27 by J2BLUE

If Johnson and Cummings stay in power, this kind of incident will be common place. The one thing they've managed to somehow pull off together is creating a people versus the elite mentality where they portray themselves as being on the side of the people. They did it with Brexit and remastered it for the GE last year. This incident - and there will be more - completely shatters the illusion that they are on the side of the people. They have shown themselves to very much part of the elite. That they were ever able to pull off such a deceit in the first place is another matter altogether.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 7:59]

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 07:55 - May 27 with 1539 viewspointofblue

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 07:53 - May 27 by Herbivore

If Johnson and Cummings stay in power, this kind of incident will be common place. The one thing they've managed to somehow pull off together is creating a people versus the elite mentality where they portray themselves as being on the side of the people. They did it with Brexit and remastered it for the GE last year. This incident - and there will be more - completely shatters the illusion that they are on the side of the people. They have shown themselves to very much part of the elite. That they were ever able to pull off such a deceit in the first place is another matter altogether.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 7:59]

The only thing is if they get away with it once, they’ll try it over and over again. See Trump. That’s why common decency has to win through now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 08:00 - May 27 with 1518 viewsHerbivore

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 07:55 - May 27 by pointofblue

The only thing is if they get away with it once, they’ll try it over and over again. See Trump. That’s why common decency has to win through now.

Whatever they do now, I'm not sure they'll ever regain the faith of the public. It's too late for him to resign or be sacked and for it to limit the damage. I don't think people will forget this, we're in a time of national crisis and people tend to remember the conduct of their leaders during such times.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 08:07 - May 27 with 1500 viewspointofblue

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 08:00 - May 27 by Herbivore

Whatever they do now, I'm not sure they'll ever regain the faith of the public. It's too late for him to resign or be sacked and for it to limit the damage. I don't think people will forget this, we're in a time of national crisis and people tend to remember the conduct of their leaders during such times.

They’ll lose faith of some of the public, probably from those who had very little trust to begin with. The number of Twitter posts I’ve seen defending him and trying to tie this into a Remainer plot because Brexit must be done and anyone discrediting Cummings is a Remainer (including the Mail) is very concerning. Are they in the minority? I hope so. The polls suggest so but they have been wrong before.

Login to get fewer ads

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 08:14 - May 27 with 1476 viewsmonytowbray

Doesn’t matter, the British public gave them 5 years of free reign via a large majority.

We f*cked it the moment we were conned into Brexit’s lies.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 08:20 - May 27 with 1459 viewsHerbivore

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 08:07 - May 27 by pointofblue

They’ll lose faith of some of the public, probably from those who had very little trust to begin with. The number of Twitter posts I’ve seen defending him and trying to tie this into a Remainer plot because Brexit must be done and anyone discrediting Cummings is a Remainer (including the Mail) is very concerning. Are they in the minority? I hope so. The polls suggest so but they have been wrong before.

Social media is full of the most vocal, it's not necessarily representative. The polling is pretty conclusive, even a majority of leave voters think he should go. And by the time of the next election leave/remain will be a thing of the past. It should be now really, remain is no longer an option but ironically it's the leavers who can't seem to let go despite 'winning'.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 08:21 - May 27 with 1455 viewspointofblue

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 08:14 - May 27 by monytowbray

Doesn’t matter, the British public gave them 5 years of free reign via a large majority.

We f*cked it the moment we were conned into Brexit’s lies.

The best anyone can hope for is this is a re-run of the 1992 ministry where they became such an infighting mess they could barely get anything through the House. The problem is the numbers are far more favourable towards them now than they were back then.

If Johnson steps down he won’t be replaced by a competent MP - the desperation to Get Brexit Done will see to that.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 08:46 - May 27 with 1399 viewsHerbivore

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 08:21 - May 27 by pointofblue

The best anyone can hope for is this is a re-run of the 1992 ministry where they became such an infighting mess they could barely get anything through the House. The problem is the numbers are far more favourable towards them now than they were back then.

If Johnson steps down he won’t be replaced by a competent MP - the desperation to Get Brexit Done will see to that.

The Tories purged all their competent MPs last year as well.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 08:56 - May 27 with 1360 viewspointofblue

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 08:46 - May 27 by Herbivore

The Tories purged all their competent MPs last year as well.

There are remnants on the back benches though I’ve just seen all but one voted through the amended Food and Agriculture Bill. They’ll never get enough support to get close to power though.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 10:12 - May 27 with 1295 viewsBent_double

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 08:00 - May 27 by Herbivore

Unfortunately I think that a few well-timed bribes ahead of the next GE will make people forget this ever happened, plus the rabid Tory press will be 'reminding' us of how great the last 5 years have been and how dangerous Keir Starmer is to the whole country.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 10:12 - May 27 with 1292 viewsmonytowbray

Oh dear, how sad, never mind on 10:12 - May 27 by Bent_double

Unfortunately I think that a few well-timed bribes ahead of the next GE will make people forget this ever happened, plus the rabid Tory press will be 'reminding' us of how great the last 5 years have been and how dangerous Keir Starmer is to the whole country.

You missed a "1" before the 5.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024