Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wife's charity work really stressing her out 23:03 - May 26 with 622 viewsPendejo

Her church is supporting approx 300 people with regards to providing food and other items (toilet roll, soap etc), we do less and less actual delivery work as she's moved up to central coordinator for their 5 campuses.

About 8pm last night she received a message from someone with 3 kids who'd been evicted and needing urgent help.
Yes we know, it's not legal to do so right now... But telling someone they're acting illegally doesn't mean they'll listen or change their mind.

As it happens, we've been homeless and know the drill... Contact council out of hours emergency number and take it from there. For people with children they can usually find a place at short notice. I seem to recall it took them an hour or so to find somewhere for us.

But... The council out of hours number had auto answer then auto ended call. Even Shelter and Crises didn't seem to be able to help, sometime around midnight we found them somewhere for the night. Someone else now helping them...

Today's task... Locating the body of someone's brother. Organise a cremation, then have ashes despatched to Spain. It's not nice dealing with death is it, but at least when my mother died we were able to speak to people, organise etc.

We were sent a photo of a death certificate, and asked if we could organise a cremation for less than two grand the brother had been quoted, tried ringing the registry office of the relevant borough... No answer, even found a special number, which just looped back to the original switchboard. I gave up and emailed them, but not until after I'd read the death certificate... Looks like the guy had been cremated already on account of him dying of covid19... Just got to find his ashes now...I

Will be glad when this is all over. Don't mind delivering food, it's always received with smiles and thank yous, the other stuff no thanks.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Wife's charity work really stressing her out on 23:06 - May 26 with 600 viewsSpruceMoose

God damn that all sounds so rough. Sorry to hear that your good deeds are not going unpunished.

Some landlords man...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024