Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... 08:44 - May 27 with 1843 viewsSitfcB

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ipswich-borough-council-multi-storey-car-park

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 08:58 - May 27 with 1778 viewstractorboy1978

Is it just me that thinks that is totally unnecessary?
Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 09:04 - May 27 with 1756 viewsWallingford_Boy

I can't work that picture out, where is the ground in comparison to it? All I see is small roads and trees, where is actual Portman Road?!

RIP Sir Bobby

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 09:05 - May 27 with 1741 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd start queuing now if I was you.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 09:13 - May 27 with 1714 viewsWeWereZombies

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 09:04 - May 27 by Wallingford_Boy

I can't work that picture out, where is the ground in comparison to it? All I see is small roads and trees, where is actual Portman Road?!

Under the car park...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 09:17 - May 27 with 1709 viewsSteve_M

The big shame here would be the loss of that view across the carpark approaching the ground, especially under lights.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 09:20 - May 27 with 1687 viewsBlueBadger

These are about the only context we'll hear the words 'matchday' and 'on top' on here for quite some time, I fear.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Down the drain? (n/t) on 09:21 - May 27 with 1678 viewsBloots

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 09:04 - May 27 by Wallingford_Boy

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 09:49 - May 27 with 1637 viewshomer_123

Excellent forward thinking and planning!

1. The high street (from a retail perspective) is dead/ dying so there is no need for said car park
2. The need for city centre office space is going to drop dramatically in the coming years following the Covid-19 situation the realisation that many are capable, happy and productive not coming into an office environment to work
3. Certainly ITFC doesn't need said car park

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 09:51 - May 27 with 1619 viewshomer_123

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 09:13 - May 27 by WeWereZombies

Under the car park...

The opposite of Monaco!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 09:57 - May 27 with 1599 viewsBasuco

It looks like it is right next to the AXA multi story car park, so it will be a very small footprint and leave a lot of space to develop the existing car park behind the Cobbold. As said they will need more than one exit to avoid complete chaos on matchday's. But asking Councillors to think about potential issue in advance would be a waste of time. They just look at getting the maximum number of spaces with the minimum of wasted space used to drive in and out of the car park.
I would have two exits, one to Princes street and one to Portman Road, also not have the road that looks like it links Princes street to Portman road, as once this has stationary cars waiting to get onto Portman road the car park will become gridlocked. Especially as the traffic lights at the Portman Rd/Handford Rd junction cause massive congestion.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 10:02]
Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 10:02 - May 27 with 1577 viewsSitfcB

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 09:17 - May 27 by Steve_M

The big shame here would be the loss of that view across the carpark approaching the ground, especially under lights.

I think it’s just going to be in that far corner in line with the AXA building. The corner to the right as you look at that picture.

COYB

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 10:03 - May 27 with 1570 viewsSitfcB

This ‘picture’ would’ve been ‘taken’ from in the SBR upper tier.

COYB

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 11:09 - May 27 with 1507 viewshoppy

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 09:49 - May 27 by homer_123

1. The high street (from a retail perspective) is dead/ dying so there is no need for said car park
2. The need for city centre office space is going to drop dramatically in the coming years following the Covid-19 situation the realisation that many are capable, happy and productive not coming into an office environment to work

Would there be many objections from AXA regarding the amount of light that would be blocked to the majority of the windows on that side of their building, or is that not a planning consideration?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 11:12 - May 27 with 1489 viewsReuser_is_God

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 11:09 - May 27 by hoppy

Would there be many objections from AXA regarding the amount of light that would be blocked to the majority of the windows on that side of their building, or is that not a planning consideration?

You’d think that would be a massive issue.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 12:10 - May 27 with 1412 viewstractorboy1978

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 09:49 - May 27 by homer_123

Quite. From my experience, the car parks already located on Portman Road are rarely full as it is. It seems a bonkers move given the reasons you've outlined plus the ever growing push to cut down on cars.
Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 12:17 - May 27 with 1394 viewsmonytowbray

Words out of my mouth.

Seems like a stupid idea. Parking in town is rarely if ever a problem, even on match day.

What we need are more community initiatives to help local indie business thrive and help homeless people off the street. As well as some green initiatives to stop people driving into town in the first place, some more buses through parts further from Town would be nice, as well as more encouragement to use them. If anything I’d take back some of NCP’s land and build a lovely food court.

But nah, CARS M8.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Will be fun to get out of one match day if you’re on or near the top... on 16:58 - May 27 with 1229 viewsJ2BLUE

Makes no sense [x]
Isn't needed [x]
Isn't wanted [x]
Goes against every future trend [x]

Sounds great.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024