Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well played BrewDog 15:38 - May 27 with 3743 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.brewdog.com/uk/barnard-castle-eye-test

NEW ENGLAND IPA
Short sighted beer for tall stories. Our New England, Old School IPA is locked down and loaded.

Dry-hopped for a juicy hit with pineapple, mango and hint of zesty lime.

All profits will go to funding our production of free sanitiser for the NHS & Health Care Charities.

Excellent.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Well played BrewDog on 15:42 - May 27 with 2845 viewsWacko

They also offered free beer for life for the writer of the government post that got deleted

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Well played BrewDog on 15:54 - May 27 with 2791 viewsBrixtonBlue

Someone posted it earlier, but yeah, very good, very clever.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Well played BrewDog on 15:54 - May 27 with 2793 viewsmonytowbray

The cynic in me sees Brewdog jumping on their “lovey dovey” brand of being an indie brewer but they’re a cog in the machine like the rest of big business. Same with Lush, eventually all that’s left of the ethics in a business is the brand and strap line before it gets sold off to Greene King/Unilever.

The other day I was in Morrisons and they had no face washes I knew were vegan friendly and I had to read the back. Most had the Unilever logo on them. Illusion of free choice whilst we head frantically towards monopolies.

Also I’m p1ssed off at Lush because today they sent me a tiny pot of R&B I ordered in a box 8 times the size filled with polystyrene peanuts. Defeats the purpose really if you are clinging onto being an environmental brand. I know several people who work/have worked at Lush and it’s all a marketing front these days. Awful to staff, pay is the bare minimum when added up with hours and disciplinaries for MH issues. But they have no issue spashing out big money to send mouthwash to space or host a big birthday showcase for the founder.

Money and power corrupts all.

If anyone knows a product similar to Lush R&B by the way I can use to keep my beard tidy I’m all ears.

Sorry for the side rant. Actually no I’m not. SIDE RANT.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 15:55]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Well played BrewDog on 15:55 - May 27 with 2777 viewsBlueBadger

Well played BrewDog on 15:54 - May 27 by monytowbray

The cynic in me sees Brewdog jumping on their “lovey dovey” brand of being an indie brewer but they’re a cog in the machine like the rest of big business. Same with Lush, eventually all that’s left of the ethics in a business is the brand and strap line before it gets sold off to Greene King/Unilever.

The other day I was in Morrisons and they had no face washes I knew were vegan friendly and I had to read the back. Most had the Unilever logo on them. Illusion of free choice whilst we head frantically towards monopolies.

Also I’m p1ssed off at Lush because today they sent me a tiny pot of R&B I ordered in a box 8 times the size filled with polystyrene peanuts. Defeats the purpose really if you are clinging onto being an environmental brand. I know several people who work/have worked at Lush and it’s all a marketing front these days. Awful to staff, pay is the bare minimum when added up with hours and disciplinaries for MH issues. But they have no issue spashing out big money to send mouthwash to space or host a big birthday showcase for the founder.

If anyone knows a product similar to Lush R&B by the way I can use to keep my beard tidy I’m all ears.

Lush shops are WEIRD. Their employees are like cultists.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well played BrewDog on 15:59 - May 27 with 2750 viewsmonytowbray

Well played BrewDog on 15:55 - May 27 by BlueBadger

Lush shops are WEIRD. Their employees are like cultists.

The issue is at one point I think they held genuine values as a family business that made them a bit like that. Now it’s just what they’re told to do over and over to sell sell sell.

Their staff are helpful but so many horror stories.

https://mitheringsfrommorningside.wordpress.com/category/lush/

TWTD never forgets…

Well played BrewDog on 16:05 - May 27 with 2729 viewsBlueBadger

Well played BrewDog on 15:59 - May 27 by monytowbray

The issue is at one point I think they held genuine values as a family business that made them a bit like that. Now it’s just what they’re told to do over and over to sell sell sell.

Their staff are helpful but so many horror stories.

https://mitheringsfrommorningside.wordpress.com/category/lush/

Also: the smell of them gives me terrible headaches.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Well played BrewDog on 16:06 - May 27 with 2734 viewsReuser_is_God

You shop in Lush? I must've missed you coming out as gay, congratulations.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Well played BrewDog on 16:07 - May 27 with 2731 viewsBlueBadger

Well played BrewDog on 16:06 - May 27 by Reuser_is_God

Imagine being so secure in your sexuality it's threatened by soap.

Login to get fewer ads

Well played BrewDog on 16:10 - May 27 with 2711 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Fairly cynical bandwagon jumping.

Would expect something a little more witty from BrewDog if they were going to spam it to everyone.

Mustve taken all of 30 secs to come up with that.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Well played BrewDog on 16:10 - May 27 with 2705 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I do wonder how they still call themselves a 'craft brewer'.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Well played BrewDog on 16:13 - May 27 with 2693 viewsmonytowbray

Well played BrewDog on 16:06 - May 27 by Reuser_is_God

Congrats on outing yourself as a homophobe mate.

TWTD never forgets…

Well played BrewDog on 16:14 - May 27 with 2684 viewshomer_123

Well played BrewDog on 16:10 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

I like their beer.

I care not if it's brewed by some glass eye hunchback twonk in a two bit shed in deepest darkest Devon.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Well played BrewDog on 16:17 - May 27 with 2660 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well played BrewDog on 16:14 - May 27 by homer_123

I like their beer.

I care not if it's brewed by some glass eye hunchback twonk in a two bit shed in deepest darkest Devon.

Doesn't really answer the question.

Well played BrewDog on 16:17 - May 27 with 2661 viewsmonytowbray

They call themselves the UK’s largest independent Brewer despite also being a chain pub, having this lot own a 22% share.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSG_Consumer_Partners

So basically, they’re full of sh1t.

TWTD never forgets…

Well played BrewDog on 16:17 - May 27 with 2660 viewsStokieBlue

Fairly cynical bandwagon jumping.

Would expect something a little more witty from BrewDog if they were going to spam it to everyone.

Mustve taken all of 30 secs to come up with that.

Well I thought the labelling of the can in a style of an eye-test along with the hazier lettering as you get further down were quite good.

Also nice that the proceeds go to making free hand sanitiser for the NHS.

So cynical or not it's for a good cause and quite good fun.

SB

Well played BrewDog on 16:20 - May 27 with 2632 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well played BrewDog on 16:17 - May 27 by StokieBlue

Well I thought the labelling of the can in a style of an eye-test along with the hazier lettering as you get further down were quite good.

SB

Agree on the hazing and the donation.

Cynical and an easy win, but good causes.

Well played BrewDog on 16:21 - May 27 with 2622 viewsReuser_is_God

Well played BrewDog on 16:07 - May 27 by BlueBadger

Imagine being so secure in your sexuality it's threatened by soap.

First time one of your posts has made me laugh anyway.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 16:23]

Evans out

Well played BrewDog on 16:21 - May 27 with 2619 viewsmonytowbray

Well played BrewDog on 16:17 - May 27 by StokieBlue

SB

Yeah but it’s all marketing. It’s all about the bottom line.

I need a new career. Being involved in this drives me up the wall but also I’m quite good at it.

Give me Dominic Cummings’ job and I’ll try to unbrainwash the nation in the next decade with marketing strategies. As that’s all he does. At least then my skill set is favouring humanity and not just making numbers on a screen fly around certain directions.

TWTD never forgets…

Well played BrewDog on 16:23 - May 27 with 2600 viewsReuser_is_God

Well played BrewDog on 16:13 - May 27 by monytowbray

Congrats on outing yourself as a homophobe mate.

Where have I abused homosexuals?

Evans out

Well played BrewDog on 16:24 - May 27 with 2597 viewsmonytowbray

Well played BrewDog on 16:23 - May 27 by Reuser_is_God

Where have I abused homosexuals?

Using the word “gay” in negative or stereotypical connotations is something I’ve not seen anyone over 16 do in 10 years.

You’re old enough to know better.

TWTD never forgets…

Well played BrewDog on 16:27 - May 27 with 2581 viewsStokieBlue

Well played BrewDog on 16:21 - May 27 by monytowbray

Yeah but it’s all marketing. It’s all about the bottom line.

I need a new career. Being involved in this drives me up the wall but also I’m quite good at it.

Give me Dominic Cummings’ job and I’ll try to unbrainwash the nation in the next decade with marketing strategies. As that’s all he does. At least then my skill set is favouring humanity and not just making numbers on a screen fly around certain directions.

Does it really matter though?

It highlights the nonsense of Cummings in a vaguely humorous way whilst generating free hand sanitiser for the NHS. I don't think people are suddenly going to move their entire beer consumption to BrewDog because of it.

You'll go a long way to find any sizeable company which hasn't had a round or two of equity funding.

What are your thoughts about something like Beyond Meat which is actually floated? For the record their frozen burgers are rather good.

SB
[Post edited 27 May 2020 16:28]

Well played BrewDog on 16:34 - May 27 with 2549 viewsmonytowbray

Well played BrewDog on 16:27 - May 27 by StokieBlue

Does it really matter though?

It highlights the nonsense of Cummings in a vaguely humorous way whilst generating free hand sanitiser for the NHS. I don't think people are suddenly going to move their entire beer consumption to BrewDog because of it.

You'll go a long way to find any sizeable company which hasn't had a round or two of equity funding.

What are your thoughts about something like Beyond Meat which is actually floated? For the record their frozen burgers are rather good.

SB
[Post edited 27 May 2020 16:28]

It’s all b0llocks mate, the whole market is, you just try and do your best picking the products that serve your moral code best. It’s the system we’re stuck with.

But Brew Dog have form in being d1ckheads when it comes to business.

TWTD never forgets…

Well played BrewDog on 16:44 - May 27 with 2520 viewsBrixtonBlue

I wouldn't normally be one to defend a high street chain, but you're incorrect about Lush. They are a fully accredited Real Living Wage employer. In fact they were the first national one, and it's locked in for future years. They actually pay more than they have to by law.

Brewdog are also a fully accredited Real Living Wage employer and are the ONLY national brewery to be so.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Well played BrewDog on 16:44 - May 27 with 2522 viewsSpruceMoose

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Well played BrewDog on 16:58 - May 27 with 2463 viewsmonytowbray

Well played BrewDog on 16:44 - May 27 by BrixtonBlue

I wouldn't normally be one to defend a high street chain, but you're incorrect about Lush. They are a fully accredited Real Living Wage employer. In fact they were the first national one, and it's locked in for future years. They actually pay more than they have to by law.

Brewdog are also a fully accredited Real Living Wage employer and are the ONLY national brewery to be so.

Lip service mate.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024