Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States 16:37 - May 27 with 4070 viewsSpruceMoose

Shocking.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 16:45 - May 27 with 1663 viewsnoggin

I've seen a meme today with 2 photos side by side. The officer here, with knee against the victim, and one of the American footballers on one knee, protesting during the national anthem. The text read 'Which is worse?' or words to that effect.
General view seemed to be, both equally insulting. Only in America hey?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 16:46 - May 27 with 1651 viewsSpruceMoose

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 16:45 - May 27 by noggin

I've seen a meme today with 2 photos side by side. The officer here, with knee against the victim, and one of the American footballers on one knee, protesting during the national anthem. The text read 'Which is worse?' or words to that effect.
General view seemed to be, both equally insulting. Only in America hey?

And still people try to tell me that white privilege and racism don't exist.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 16:49 - May 27 with 1639 viewsBlueBadger

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 16:46 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

Yes but what about that time Dianne Abbott made a stupid comment about Swedish nurses? THAT'S AS BAD DAMN YOU.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 17:14]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 16:51 - May 27 with 1630 viewsfooters

I know the good old British bobby has a pretty ropey history, but when you look at other police around the world I'm bloody glad we have them and not the US cops, Guardia Civil, the list goes on...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 16:56 - May 27 with 1612 viewsSpruceMoose

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 16:51 - May 27 by footers

I know the good old British bobby has a pretty ropey history, but when you look at other police around the world I'm bloody glad we have them and not the US cops, Guardia Civil, the list goes on...

In general I think they police here are a gang in he genuine sense of the word. They have a very real us against the world outlook. The concept of working to protect the public is entirely alien to them, instead they exist to punish the public when they step out of line.

Police here are a combat force, not a public service entity.

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 16:58 - May 27 with 1592 viewsSpruceMoose

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 16:49 - May 27 by BlueBadger

Yes but what about that time Dianne Abbott made a stupid comment about Swedish nurses? THAT'S AS BAD DAMN YOU.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 17:14]

Tim Martin being called a gammon is clearly an example of the systematic abuse of the middle class wealthy white man that stretches back centuries, beginning when the white man was plucked from his peaceful home in the Surrey suburbs against his wishes by marauding Africans and bought and sold in their markets like a disposable commodity.

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:00 - May 27 with 1581 viewsfooters

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 16:56 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

In general I think they police here are a gang in he genuine sense of the word. They have a very real us against the world outlook. The concept of working to protect the public is entirely alien to them, instead they exist to punish the public when they step out of line.

Police here are a combat force, not a public service entity.

There was an interesting book on the British police I read many moons ago which went quite in-depth on the subject. The police would generally only fraternise amongst themselves and frequent the same cafes, pubs, etc (this was mainly 60s and 70s). I remember being at a house party once, a bloke came in, said he was a copper and everyone more or less shut up!

Must be quite socially alienating and it's not surprising that many in the force build strong bonds like that. I guess to protect themselves from what they regard as a common enemy.

But we also know there's a certain type who wants to become a bobby... (not true in all cases, obviously).

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:01 - May 27 with 1573 viewsBlueBadger

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 16:58 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

Tim Martin being called a gammon is clearly an example of the systematic abuse of the middle class wealthy white man that stretches back centuries, beginning when the white man was plucked from his peaceful home in the Surrey suburbs against his wishes by marauding Africans and bought and sold in their markets like a disposable commodity.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:01 - May 27 with 1573 viewsSpruceMoose

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:00 - May 27 by footers

There was an interesting book on the British police I read many moons ago which went quite in-depth on the subject. The police would generally only fraternise amongst themselves and frequent the same cafes, pubs, etc (this was mainly 60s and 70s). I remember being at a house party once, a bloke came in, said he was a copper and everyone more or less shut up!

Must be quite socially alienating and it's not surprising that many in the force build strong bonds like that. I guess to protect themselves from what they regard as a common enemy.

But we also know there's a certain type who wants to become a bobby... (not true in all cases, obviously).

I think you may have to have at least a tiny authoritarian streak to go into police work. In general the British bobbies seem far more human that the cops I've encountered over here though.

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:04 - May 27 with 1560 viewsSpruceMoose

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:01 - May 27 by BlueBadger

Saw John Mulaney at Radio City Hall a while back, I think it's on Netflix at the moment. One amusing joke related the Trump (and now Boris) era to a horse being let loose in a hospital.

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:05 - May 27 with 1552 viewsBlueBadger

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:04 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

Saw John Mulaney at Radio City Hall a while back, I think it's on Netflix at the moment. One amusing joke related the Trump (and now Boris) era to a horse being let loose in a hospital.

Watched 'John Mulaney and the Sack Lunch Bunch' over Christmas on Netflix - highly recommended.

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:10 - May 27 with 1539 viewsSpruceMoose

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:05 - May 27 by BlueBadger

Watched 'John Mulaney and the Sack Lunch Bunch' over Christmas on Netflix - highly recommended.

Waiting for someone to come along and blow their top about liberal media elites any second now...

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:19 - May 27 with 1518 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I don't know how this keeps happening.

I usually try to find some balance, but there's clearly no extenuating circumstances here.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:31 - May 27 with 1475 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 16:46 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

Racism exists in all races.

The sad thing about this sort of event is that in seems to widen the gap, when the vast majority of people can see that the incident is abhorrent, regardless of their race.

White privilege exists for some, but trying telling that to a working class white family on benefits living in a Council Estate. Class privilege is probably more prevalent than white privilege.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:31 - May 27 with 1476 viewsSpruceMoose

Police: Black or progressive unarmed protesters? "Crush Kill Destroy!"
Also police : Armed right wing crazy groups storming government buikdings? "Yup, this is fine"

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:32 - May 27 with 1468 viewsSpruceMoose

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:31 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

The sad thing about this sort of event is that in seems to widen the gap, when the vast majority of people can see that the incident is abhorrent, regardless of their race.

White privilege exists for some, but trying telling that to a working class white family on benefits living in a Council Estate. Class privilege is probably more prevalent than white privilege.

You don't really have a full grasp of what white privilege is. It's not all about money.

https://www.scarymommy.com/white-privilege-more-than-money/amp/
[Post edited 27 May 2020 17:35]

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:35 - May 27 with 1452 viewsBlueBadger

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:31 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Try telling that to a black lad living on the same estate. Which one will be the most likely to be stopped and searched by the police?

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:36 - May 27 with 1447 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:32 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

You don't really have a full grasp of what white privilege is. It's not all about money.

https://www.scarymommy.com/white-privilege-more-than-money/amp/
[Post edited 27 May 2020 17:35]

I didn't say that it was.

I don't think a white working class person has any privilege over a BAME working class person.

I think its more complicated that simply being black and white.

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:38 - May 27 with 1437 viewsBlueBadger

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:36 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't think a white working class person has any privilege over a BAME working class person.

LOL

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:38 - May 27 with 1435 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:35 - May 27 by BlueBadger

Try telling that to a black lad living on the same estate. Which one will be the most likely to be stopped and searched by the police?

That will partially depend on the demographic of each estate.

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:39 - May 27 with 1432 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:38 - May 27 by BlueBadger

LOL

Well considered response.

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:39 - May 27 with 1433 viewsSpruceMoose

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:36 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's extraordinarily naive. You can think that of course, but you'd be wrong. But you could know better than the millions of POC who tell us it's a real thing I suppose.

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:40 - May 27 with 1426 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:39 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

That's extraordinarily naive. You can think that of course, but you'd be wrong. But you could know better than the millions of POC who tell us it's a real thing I suppose.

Agree to differ.

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:40 - May 27 with 1425 viewsBlueBadger

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:38 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

That will partially depend on the demographic of each estate.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/may/04/stop-and-search-new-row-racial-bias

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:41 - May 27 with 1414 viewsBlueBadger

Another day, another black man murdered by police in the States on 17:39 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Well considered response.

It was that or 'see now, this is why people think you're a bit thick'.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024