Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So from tomorrow 17:57 - May 27 with 2836 viewsfactual_blue

We have to follow matt hancock's instructions if we either test positive, or are contacted by an NHS contract tracer.

Why should I do stuff hancock tells me to do, particularly when he defends cummings for not doing what he instructed us all to do previously?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Maybe because if you don't.... on 18:03 - May 27 with 2790 viewsBloots

….then it makes you as bad as the rest of them?

Up to you though.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Maybe because if you don't.... on 18:19 - May 27 with 2733 viewsfactual_blue

Maybe because if you don't.... on 18:03 - May 27 by Bloots

….then it makes you as bad as the rest of them?

Up to you though.

I shall, of course, follow my instincts.

So from tomorrow on 18:36 - May 27 with 2692 viewsOldsmoker

You have to ask yourself what would Jesus do?
Scrub that.
What would Demonic do?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

So from tomorrow on 18:55 - May 27 with 2642 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

So from tomorrow on 19:11 - May 27 with 2595 viewsPinewoodblue

So from tomorrow on 18:36 - May 27 by Oldsmoker

You have to ask yourself what would Jesus do?
Scrub that.
What would Demonic do?

If I lived in Durham, and was contacted by contact tracing, I would name Dominic Cummimgs as someone I had been in contact with. Wonder what he would do?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So from tomorrow on 19:15 - May 27 with 2581 viewsjas0999

Essentially the whole country could be locked down again. I fail to see how this will work, or be policed. If someone gets a call to say they may have been in contact with someone with COVID - has to work to live and isn’t entitled to sick pay (other than statutory), has no symptoms - do we honestly think they will stay home for 14 days?
So from tomorrow on 20:11 - May 27 with 2484 viewsbluelagos

So from tomorrow on 19:15 - May 27 by jas0999

Essentially the whole country could be locked down again. I fail to see how this will work, or be policed. If someone gets a call to say they may have been in contact with someone with COVID - has to work to live and isn’t entitled to sick pay (other than statutory), has no symptoms - do we honestly think they will stay home for 14 days?

There are a number of questions around enforcement, ((by who, with what powers, what sanctions?) around use (is it compulsory?) and around testing (so I get a call and have to self isolate for 14 days, but with no test? But if I get symptoms, I can get a test and then if negative, am out of isolation....)

But presumably these will have been developed, just a shame no one told Matt Hancock before he announced the app. Not like it's going live anytime soon is it.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So from tomorrow on 20:17 - May 27 with 2470 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have a stockpile of Dominic Cummins masks should anybody want to do as they please.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

So from tomorrow on 20:33 - May 27 with 2444 viewsPlums

So from tomorrow on 20:11 - May 27 by bluelagos

There are a number of questions around enforcement, ((by who, with what powers, what sanctions?) around use (is it compulsory?) and around testing (so I get a call and have to self isolate for 14 days, but with no test? But if I get symptoms, I can get a test and then if negative, am out of isolation....)

But presumably these will have been developed, just a shame no one told Matt Hancock before he announced the app. Not like it's going live anytime soon is it.

Don’t worry. All has been made clear here:

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

So from tomorrow on 21:31 - May 27 with 2382 viewsfactual_blue

So from tomorrow on 19:11 - May 27 by Pinewoodblue

If I lived in Durham, and was contacted by contact tracing, I would name Dominic Cummimgs as someone I had been in contact with. Wonder what he would do?

People should do this, wherever they live.

So from tomorrow on 21:40 - May 27 with 2359 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So from tomorrow on 19:11 - May 27 by Pinewoodblue

Durham, Barnard Castle or London … or been to the services he definitely did not stop at to definitely not refuel.

The bit I didn't get was where they said you will self-isolate for 14 days. Surely you get tested don't you?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So from tomorrow on 22:12 - May 27 with 2328 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So from tomorrow on 20:33 - May 27 by Plums

Don’t worry. All has been made clear here:

The obfuscation is clear.

You can see it going through his mind "I can't say must. Cummings didn't do it so I can't get drawn in here." Anyone who cannot see the failure to deal with Cummings weakens the position is blind.

So from tomorrow on 11:09 - May 28 with 2138 viewsitfc_bucks

So from tomorrow on 21:40 - May 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Durham, Barnard Castle or London … or been to the services he definitely did not stop at to definitely not refuel.

The bit I didn't get was where they said you will self-isolate for 14 days. Surely you get tested don't you?

given that the virus is undetectable for the first 5-10 days, there's not really a lot of point in getting tested until day 11. By which time you may as well sit out the last 4 days as well.

Bit I dont get is that we can all be asymptomatic, yet infected and shedding the virus. Presumably that could go beyond the 14 days.

I must admit, I do wonder if Herd Immunity, though unpalatable might actually end up being the only option, in the absence of a vaccine.

And I don't understand the widespread expectation that a vaccine will be developed, given the sheer quantity of other viruses out there for which there is no current vaccine.
So from tomorrow on 12:09 - May 28 with 2094 viewsvilanovablue

But track and trace isn't going to legally be able to force you stay at home and there will be no punishment if you fail to do so. Also worth saying the person running the programme has already said it won't be running properly until the end of June. It feels like just another thing rushed through which is worrying if unsurprising.
So from tomorrow on 12:34 - May 28 with 2062 viewsDublinBlue84

So from tomorrow on 12:09 - May 28 by vilanovablue

But track and trace isn't going to legally be able to force you stay at home and there will be no punishment if you fail to do so. Also worth saying the person running the programme has already said it won't be running properly until the end of June. It feels like just another thing rushed through which is worrying if unsurprising.

The test and trace, despite it's NHS branding, is actually not an NHS service.

It's actually a Public Health England operated service who are using the NHS branding, presumably as it has a better brand reputation so better to use that than a Government Department's name after the last few days.

This page makes that clear:
https://contact-tracing.phe.gov.uk/help/privacy-notice
[Post edited 28 May 2020 12:35]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

So from tomorrow on 12:51 - May 28 with 2029 viewsvilanovablue

So from tomorrow on 12:34 - May 28 by DublinBlue84

The test and trace, despite it's NHS branding, is actually not an NHS service.

It's actually a Public Health England operated service who are using the NHS branding, presumably as it has a better brand reputation so better to use that than a Government Department's name after the last few days.

This page makes that clear:
https://contact-tracing.phe.gov.uk/help/privacy-notice
[Post edited 28 May 2020 12:35]

It's also probably been outsourced by PHE and so likely being run by someone like Serco. Hiding behind the NHS branding is a poor show and pretty misleading.
So from tomorrow on 14:39 - May 28 with 1947 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So from tomorrow on 11:09 - May 28 by itfc_bucks

given that the virus is undetectable for the first 5-10 days, there's not really a lot of point in getting tested until day 11. By which time you may as well sit out the last 4 days as well.

Bit I dont get is that we can all be asymptomatic, yet infected and shedding the virus. Presumably that could go beyond the 14 days.

I must admit, I do wonder if Herd Immunity, though unpalatable might actually end up being the only option, in the absence of a vaccine.

And I don't understand the widespread expectation that a vaccine will be developed, given the sheer quantity of other viruses out there for which there is no current vaccine.

Where do you get that the test does not detect infection for the first 5-10 days from?

So from tomorrow on 15:02 - May 28 with 1921 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So from tomorrow on 14:39 - May 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

Where do you get that the test does not detect infection for the first 5-10 days from?

I have tried to find anything that would support that assertion and cannot.

If it were true, it would make testing fairly pointless all round because 2/3 of people who were infected would test negative and would be carrying on infecting others.

If anyone can shed any light on this idea that it takes 5-10 days before the test can detect you are infected feel free!

So from tomorrow on 17:59 - May 28 with 1863 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So from tomorrow on 15:02 - May 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

I have tried to find anything that would support that assertion and cannot.

If it were true, it would make testing fairly pointless all round because 2/3 of people who were infected would test negative and would be carrying on infecting others.

If anyone can shed any light on this idea that it takes 5-10 days before the test can detect you are infected feel free!

Interestingly this did come up in tonight's briefing although I don't think he mentioned any specific time scale.

So from tomorrow on 18:05 - May 28 with 1855 viewsbluejacko

So using your logic if Cummings robbed a bank it’s ok for you and the rest of us to do that as well!
So from tomorrow on 18:07 - May 28 with 1848 viewsm14_blue

So from tomorrow on 18:05 - May 28 by bluejacko

So using your logic if Cummings robbed a bank it’s ok for you and the rest of us to do that as well!

Good point jacko lad, you’ve done him like a kipper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024