Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. 19:19 - May 27 with 9303 viewstractordownsouth

What a load of nonsense. Nothing she said was inaccurate

Dominic Cummings broke the rules - FACT

He's made many people feel they can flout the rules - FACT, the police have said people have used Cummings as an excuse when being told off for breaking the rules

Public mood is anger at Cummings - FACT, literally all opinion polls have a large majority for him to resign, or at least apologise

As Mr O'Brien says, you cannot balance fact with fiction.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:28 - May 27 with 3434 viewsTrequartista

It's not fact that he broke the rules. There was a vague clause that provided a loophole.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:29 - May 27 with 3419 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:28 - May 27 by Trequartista

It's not fact that he broke the rules. There was a vague clause that provided a loophole.

Prepare for the onslaught.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:30 - May 27 with 3421 viewsSwansea_Blue

I didn’t watch it, but based on that clip what have they apologised for? She doesn’t say anything untruthful. I suppose she’s hypothesising that Johnson knew Cummings broke the rules, but he’d be an idiot if he didn’t realise it so fair hypothesis. And he knew, it’s obvious. The way the logic breaks down with his excuse and pitiful attempts to justify it show they know.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:32 - May 27 with 3405 viewsStokieBlue

Simply untrue.

They have attempted to engineer a "clause" to get round the fact he blatantly broke the rules for his own benefit whilst thousands of peoples couldn't break the rules and be with their loved ones as they drew their last breath.

Frankly, your interpretation is pretty horrible and offensive to many people across the country who have suffered due to following the rules.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:35 - May 27 with 3386 viewsBlueBadger

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:29 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Ironically this IS baiting.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:37 - May 27 with 3370 viewstractordownsouth

He's admitted going back to Downing Street after his wife had symptoms. The guidelines clearly said that if anyone in your house contracted symptoms, you were to isolate for 14 days.

He had childcare in London which he didn't use - and besides, loads of others were in the same boat and didn't drive hundreds of miles away. It clearly won't have benefited the child's health to put him in a confined space and drive for 5 hours.

His trip to Barnard Castle was unecessary, even before you analyse the ridiculous eyesight defence.

He's literally admitted breaking the rules himself in his statement, so there's nothing for Maitlis to apologise for.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:37 - May 27 with 3366 viewsSpruceMoose

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:32 - May 27 by StokieBlue

Simply untrue.

They have attempted to engineer a "clause" to get round the fact he blatantly broke the rules for his own benefit whilst thousands of peoples couldn't break the rules and be with their loved ones as they drew their last breath.

Frankly, your interpretation is pretty horrible and offensive to many people across the country who have suffered due to following the rules.

SB

I supose this'll be bullying by the 'usual suspects' too.

For some on here bullying actually seems to mean 'proven my post to be utter bobbins'.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 19:39]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:38 - May 27 with 3363 viewsTrequartista

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:32 - May 27 by StokieBlue

Simply untrue.

SB

My understanding was that the clause under the section "If you are living with children" has been there all along. My interpretation is the same as the guy who said he'd driven a coach and horses through the spirit of the rules, but you seem to have decided my interpretation is offensive before even hearing it.

Login to get fewer ads

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:41 - May 27 with 3349 viewsTrequartista

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:37 - May 27 by tractordownsouth

He's admitted going back to Downing Street after his wife had symptoms. The guidelines clearly said that if anyone in your house contracted symptoms, you were to isolate for 14 days.

He had childcare in London which he didn't use - and besides, loads of others were in the same boat and didn't drive hundreds of miles away. It clearly won't have benefited the child's health to put him in a confined space and drive for 5 hours.

His trip to Barnard Castle was unecessary, even before you analyse the ridiculous eyesight defence.

He's literally admitted breaking the rules himself in his statement, so there's nothing for Maitlis to apologise for.

He has used the vague "Keep following this advice to the best of your ability, however, we are aware that not all these measures will be possible." to counter your first two points, and he has said the 14 days were up before Barnard Castle.

I think he's broken the rules on balance, i think he's a liar too.

I'm just saying it is not FACT, it is my opinion.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:42 - May 27 with 3332 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Oh goodness, groundhog day.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:43 - May 27 with 3326 viewssparks

Do tell us precisely what that loophole was.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:48 - May 27 with 3293 viewsTrequartista

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:43 - May 27 by sparks

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even by Trequartista 25 May 2020 21:05
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection#if-you-are-living-with-children

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:49 - May 27 with 3284 viewsmonytowbray

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:43 - May 27 by sparks

From what I read, the emergency one for abuse victims to flee.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:52 - May 27 with 3256 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep, because it’s complete bollox.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:55 - May 27 with 3235 viewsTrequartista

I am in full virtual PPE. The trick is not to take anything personally. I'm genuinely surprised that me saying something was not a fact means that I automatically disagreed with it.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:56 - May 27 with 3229 viewsfactual_blue

What the BBC has said is that her introduction didn't make it clear that she was giving a statement about what the programme would be dealing with. Instead in came across as though it were what she as an individual thought.

It was brilliant TV, imho.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:58 - May 27 with 3209 viewsjeera

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:52 - May 27 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, because it’s complete bollox.

Of course it is.

The fact that any someraults have had to be performed whatsoever in an attempt to justify DC's actions is enough.

The guidelines were clear and at best have been bent, at worst abused.

It's not fitting behaviour either way for anyone connected with the government.

The man was taking the piss and the PM is taking the piss and for anyone being unable to openly acknowledge that is taking the piss.

None of this is complicated and it's only those with anything to hide who have tried to make it so.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:59 - May 27 with 3201 viewssparks

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:48 - May 27 by Trequartista

Could someone explain how cummings press conference has made even by Trequartista 25 May 2020 21:05
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection#if-you-are-living-with-children

Which bit says, if children are involved, you can use your judgment?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 20:04 - May 27 with 3179 viewsTrequartista

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:59 - May 27 by sparks

It says "we are aware that not all these measures will be possible."

Before we continue an argument that may not exist, let me repeat what i've said elsewhere on the thread.

It is in the opinion of Mr Cummings that this clause means he hasn't broken the rules, it is in my opinion he has broken the rules, but this doesn't mean it is a fact.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 20:05 - May 27 with 3174 viewsShawsey

Morally wrong. Fact or not, morally, totally wrong.
The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 20:12 - May 27 with 3139 viewsSwansea_Blue

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 19:59 - May 27 by sparks

It also wasn’t the guidance in place at the time he took their family on a road trip 1 day after declaring symptoms.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 20:15 - May 27 with 3127 viewsSwansea_Blue

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 20:04 - May 27 by Trequartista

It says "we are aware that not all these measures will be possible."

Before we continue an argument that may not exist, let me repeat what i've said elsewhere on the thread.

It is in the opinion of Mr Cummings that this clause means he hasn't broken the rules, it is in my opinion he has broken the rules, but this doesn't mean it is a fact.

Oh ffs

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 20:18 - May 27 with 3109 viewsfooters

The MENSA twins have played a blinder on here this evening. gg.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 20:19 - May 27 with 3098 viewsbluelagos

I disagree with reference to the trip to Barnard Castle. They were out of isolation so there were only 1 of 4 reasons (by law) to leave the house.

Work, exercise, shopping or medical need. None of those were in place so this family trip was in breach of the law as far as I can tell.

The clause about protecting the vulnerable child would no longer apply as they were out of isolation and he was no longer in a vulnerable position.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 20:22 - May 27 with 3069 viewsSwansea_Blue

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 20:19 - May 27 by bluelagos

I disagree with reference to the trip to Barnard Castle. They were out of isolation so there were only 1 of 4 reasons (by law) to leave the house.

Work, exercise, shopping or medical need. None of those were in place so this family trip was in breach of the law as far as I can tell.

The clause about protecting the vulnerable child would no longer apply as they were out of isolation and he was no longer in a vulnerable position.

He/she is trolling over a point of semantics despite disagreeing with the point he/she is arguing for. A waste of everybody’s time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024