Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. 19:19 - May 27 with 9368 viewstractordownsouth

What a load of nonsense. Nothing she said was inaccurate

Dominic Cummings broke the rules - FACT

He's made many people feel they can flout the rules - FACT, the police have said people have used Cummings as an excuse when being told off for breaking the rules

Public mood is anger at Cummings - FACT, literally all opinion polls have a large majority for him to resign, or at least apologise

As Mr O'Brien says, you cannot balance fact with fiction.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:33 - May 27 with 1165 viewsjeera

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:27 - May 27 by factual_blue

She hasn't been sacked. Just not fronting tonight's show. Look at it as the BBC showing boris how to deal with what could otherwise become an issue.

Probably all boris needed to do was to tell everybody 'I've spoken to dominic cummings. He has explained what exactly he did, and why. Whilst I can understand those reasons, I made it very clear to him that, in my view, and I suspect in the view many millions of people up and down the country, that he was wrong and has, as a consequence, upset people who have gone through great personal hardships over the past weeks and months since this terrible virus arrived in the United Kingdom.

'I have asked the Cabinet Office and the Department of Health to work together to write a statement that mr cummings will read out on live television, and I have told mr cummings of this.

'He is considering his position'.

That would take consideration and reasoning.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:34 - May 27 with 1146 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:32 - May 27 by jeera

Never, ever do I need your opinion on anything.

Anything, ever.

...you did here.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:35 - May 27 with 1164 viewsjeera

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:34 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

...you did here.

I really didn't. There are thousand other sources.

You were a knob yesterday, you were a knob the day before.

You have been one again today and will do the same tomorrow.

No one likes you, and with good reason.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:39 - May 27 with 1129 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:35 - May 27 by jeera

I really didn't. There are thousand other sources.

You were a knob yesterday, you were a knob the day before.

You have been one again today and will do the same tomorrow.

No one likes you, and with good reason.

Agree to differ.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:41 - May 27 with 1150 viewsm14_blue

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:20 - May 27 by Ftnfwest

Yes whilst you could have put that a lot better, it’s certainly true that after weeks of moaning about how vague and confusing the guidelines supposedly are, people seem to be crystal clear on this.

Did anyone complain about that in the first stage? I thought the ‘Stay at Home’ messaging was pretty easy to understand really.

Obviously it all got muddled with the farcical ‘Stay Alert’ but that’s not relevant to the case in question.

I also think the guidance for what to do if you or anyone in your household had symptoms was pretty unambiguous. My daughter was sent home from nursery with a fever just before the lockdown was announced and our whole household then faithfully self isolated for 14 days despite at no point anyone else developing any symptoms and it being massively inconvenient both personally and professionally.
The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:43 - May 27 with 1147 viewsjeera

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:39 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agree to differ.

You spend your time wondering what angle to come up with next.

"How can I cause an argument?" You add nothing but constant waffle and pseudo insight.

You're a perpetual bore.

As you won't feck off I'll have to stick you on ignore as a last resort I suppose.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:44 - May 27 with 1124 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:43 - May 27 by jeera

You spend your time wondering what angle to come up with next.

"How can I cause an argument?" You add nothing but constant waffle and pseudo insight.

You're a perpetual bore.

As you won't feck off I'll have to stick you on ignore as a last resort I suppose.

I just offer an opinion.

Trust me, it's not easy being a pragmatic centrist on here when so many have been brainwashed by momentum.

I merely try to add balance.

...and refrain from personal insults.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:47 - May 27 with 1129 viewsjeera

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:44 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

I just offer an opinion.

Trust me, it's not easy being a pragmatic centrist on here when so many have been brainwashed by momentum.

You don't offer anything.

You repeat the same mantra everyday.

You are constantly being called out as a moron but you must be terribly unloved as you seem to lap it up. Maybe you bore the crap out of people in real life too.

Any attention's better than none huh?
[Post edited 27 May 2020 21:48]

Login to get fewer ads

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:48 - May 27 with 1105 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:47 - May 27 by jeera

You don't offer anything.

You repeat the same mantra everyday.

You are constantly being called out as a moron but you must be terribly unloved as you seem to lap it up. Maybe you bore the crap out of people in real life too.

Any attention's better than none huh?
[Post edited 27 May 2020 21:48]

See previous response.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:53 - May 27 with 1101 viewsm14_blue

I just offer an opinion.

Genuine question, who on here do you consider to have been ‘brainwashed by momentum’?

I can only think of a couple of posters who vocally supported Corbyn and many more who didn’t, even amongst the group you’re talking about (which probably includes me).

Seems like it’s being used as a cheap insult to anyone you consider to the left of you politically, which rather undermines your ‘just looking for balance’ argument.
The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:55 - May 27 with 1083 viewsfooters

I just offer an opinion.

And your opinions are stupid and ill-founded. That's a lot of people's opinion.

But you will, of course, beg to differ.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:56 - May 27 with 1080 viewsSpruceMoose

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:53 - May 27 by m14_blue

Genuine question, who on here do you consider to have been ‘brainwashed by momentum’?

I can only think of a couple of posters who vocally supported Corbyn and many more who didn’t, even amongst the group you’re talking about (which probably includes me).

Seems like it’s being used as a cheap insult to anyone you consider to the left of you politically, which rather undermines your ‘just looking for balance’ argument.

His 'looking for balance' BS is the biggest scam around these parts.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:57 - May 27 with 1061 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

All of the people who get so irate at the government.

I understand criticism (that's Ok), but there is a lot of venom and over the top insults.

If you want an example, I would link you to Spruce's post where he wished ill on the PM... but that was removed for being too offensive.

Anyone who offers a balanced view such as Trekkers gets ganged up on by the usual suspects.

I do get disappointed that Labour supporters are so incredibly intolerant of other people's views.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 22:04]

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:57 - May 27 with 1070 viewsjeera

No one's been brainwashed by Momentum.

He's just throwing together some words he's seen other people say elsewhere and hopes it makes a sentence.

It's just a constant plea to be noticed. Like a puppy soiling on the floor despite knowing it shouldn't.

Neither does he offer any balance - he just disagrees with people whilst offering nothing himself.

It's been the same pattern for ages.

He's dredged some extremely low depths lately too.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:58 - May 27 with 1049 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:55 - May 27 by footers

And your opinions are stupid and ill-founded. That's a lot of people's opinion.

But you will, of course, beg to differ.

Personal abuse is always makes me sympathise with the offender. It's weak.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:59 - May 27 with 1056 viewsfooters

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:58 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Personal abuse is always makes me sympathise with the offender. It's weak.

Such a victim complex. You're not being bullied, you're just an idiot. No offence.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 22:00 - May 27 with 1039 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:59 - May 27 by footers

Such a victim complex. You're not being bullied, you're just an idiot. No offence.

None taken.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 22:01 - May 27 with 1031 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jeera.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 22:01 - May 27 with 1030 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sprucemoose.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 22:02 - May 27 with 1034 viewsjeera

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:59 - May 27 by footers

This is where he loses his rag whilst accusing others of being angry.

He goes right back all the way through the thread and angrily down-votes the posts he doesn't like.

It's all about projection.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 22:03 - May 27 with 1015 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 22:02 - May 27 by jeera

This is where he loses his rag whilst accusing others of being angry.

He goes right back all the way through the thread and angrily down-votes the posts he doesn't like.

It's all about projection.

Slightly hypocritical.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 22:04 - May 27 with 1019 viewsSpruceMoose

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:57 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

I understand criticism (that's Ok), but there is a lot of venom and over the top insults.

If you want an example, I would link you to Spruce's post where he wished ill on the PM... but that was removed for being too offensive.

Anyone who offers a balanced view such as Trekkers gets ganged up on by the usual suspects.

I do get disappointed that Labour supporters are so incredibly intolerant of other people's views.

You're a liar. I wished harm on nobody. I said that his actions since recovery made me think he didn't deserve the wonderful care he received.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 22:06]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 22:05 - May 27 with 1001 viewsSpruceMoose

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 22:01 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Jeera.

Arf! I'm brainwashed by momentum!? You've lost the plot man

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 22:06 - May 27 with 986 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 22:04 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

You're a liar. I wished harm on nobody. I said that his actions since recovery made me think he didn't deserve the wonderful care he received.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 22:06]

You'd have to ask Phil for the exact reason for its removal.

The link has been removed, so it could have been down to interpretation.

I wasn't the only one to interpret it that way. As the moderator saw fit to remove it, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 22:06 - May 27 with 989 viewsm14_blue

The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. on 21:57 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

I’m not sure that’s fair. Disagreeing with someone’s views, and arguing robustly against them, isn’t the same as being intolerant of it. This forum, and life in general, would be very dull if everyone went around agreeing with each other or just saying ‘agree to disagree’ without any debate.

I agree with you re personal insults but you do rather go on the wind up sometimes tbf.

Spruce got pelters in that thread that you use an example, from people on all sides.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024