Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How to priorise 06:47 - May 28 with 993 viewsbluelagos

So lets pretend the Scunny chairman is right and next season goes ahead with limited number of fans at the start.

So say we can only get 6k fans in. How should we decide who gets a seat assuming we cant get all our ST holders in?

Family groups first? This would enable you to squeeze more in as they could sit next to each other.

Younguns first? Less vulnerable than the oldies.

Length of ST ownership? Rewards loyalty but is hardly a younguns fault they are young. And the oldies are more vulnerable.

Thoughts? Is our role to even consider who is/isnt more vulnerable?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

How to priorise on 08:33 - May 28 with 893 viewsOldsmoker

ITFC needs the cash.
Sell all seats on Ebay to the highest bidder.
Marcus wouldn't do that would he?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

How to priorise on 08:36 - May 28 with 881 viewsbluelagos

How to priorise on 08:33 - May 28 by Oldsmoker

ITFC needs the cash.
Sell all seats on Ebay to the highest bidder.
Marcus wouldn't do that would he?

Touting could indeed become big business (not ME) if demand far outstrips supply. Yet another consideration for those in charge.

How to priorise on 08:37 - May 28 with 875 viewsHerbivore

I don't think it's that implausible that you could fit all our ST holders in the stadium whilst maintaining social distancing if you spaced them out appropriately. Household groups can sit right next to each other so don't need to be distanced. I reckon they could make it work. The problem comes more from people touching stuff and maintaining social distancing in the concourse and toilets.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How to priorise on 08:40 - May 28 with 859 viewsOldsmoker

How to priorise on 08:36 - May 28 by bluelagos

Touting could indeed become big business (not ME) if demand far outstrips supply. Yet another consideration for those in charge.

100% agree.
Touting will be a big problem if tickets are limited.
I'm thinking more of the Premier League teams than ITFC.

How to priorise on 08:46 - May 28 with 837 viewsbluelagos

How to priorise on 08:37 - May 28 by Herbivore

I don't think it's that implausible that you could fit all our ST holders in the stadium whilst maintaining social distancing if you spaced them out appropriately. Household groups can sit right next to each other so don't need to be distanced. I reckon they could make it work. The problem comes more from people touching stuff and maintaining social distancing in the concourse and toilets.

Be great if they could. Suspect ST will be down a tad and clearly they should take priority. Can ditch away fans too I guess. And I would expect a few may not want to return until it is safer too.

How to priorise on 08:47 - May 28 with 830 viewsblueprint

I can’t see how this could happen. Even if you limited the crowd to 6k it would need to be done in such a way as to allow movement without encroaching on the 2 metre or 1 metre distancing rule if that comes in. This would mean if you had say 5 people spread out in a row. How would access be gained to a seat in that row when you would normally shuffle past people who have stood up to allow you to get past ? Maybe I’m overthinking this.
How to priorise on 08:49 - May 28 with 821 viewsSwansea_Blue

How to priorise on 08:37 - May 28 by Herbivore

Household/family groups a good point. I’ve heard Norwich won’t need to reduce attendance at all.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How to priorise on 08:55 - May 28 with 810 viewsOldsmoker

How to priorise on 08:47 - May 28 by blueprint

I can’t see how this could happen. Even if you limited the crowd to 6k it would need to be done in such a way as to allow movement without encroaching on the 2 metre or 1 metre distancing rule if that comes in. This would mean if you had say 5 people spread out in a row. How would access be gained to a seat in that row when you would normally shuffle past people who have stood up to allow you to get past ? Maybe I’m overthinking this.

How about the final whistle? Everyone filing out respecting the 2m would take a seriously long time. People would be outside the ground waiting for family members so all I see is a massive crowd management problem for the police.
If you took your child to the match, would they have to sit apart from their parent(s)?
Whatever is decided can easily be picked apart.
I'm glad it's someone elses problem to solve but sad that those who will decide (EFL) aren't really up to the job

Login to get fewer ads

How to priorise on 10:18 - May 28 with 725 viewsIpswichKnight

As others have pointed out we could probably open the stadium and keep the required social distancing rules in place ( on another note wouldn't be surprised if they reduced it to 1M as in a lot of other countries ) the issues as pointed out are around entering and exiting the ground especially at full time.

1) We could insist on masks being worn while entering and exiting ( no admittance unless you have a mask ).

2) Sanitiser gel on the entrance and exits on stairwells and toilets

3) Cashless terminals at all food and retail outlets

We can try all we like but we won't be able to keep everyone at the required social distancing at all times. We might have to look at the R rate and say if it's under 0.5 then it's safe enough but if it's over then we can't open the ground .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024