Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The UK's Track and Trace Scheme 07:15 - May 28 with 2061 viewsSteve_M

It's hard to see that this hasn't been rushed forward to help the country "move on" from Dominic Cummings rather than because it is ready.

Thread here from Sam Coates:

If so, this will be another severe government failing to add to the long list over the last few months.
[Post edited 28 May 2020 7:40]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:27 - May 28 with 1713 viewsbluelagos

It does have the wiff of another poorly executed policy. The bit I can't get my head round is I get contacted and told someone I was near has tested positive so I must self isolate. Ok so far...

Ok, I am responsible so I self isolate. But I can only have a test if I am symptomatic? I have to stay in for 14 days but can not take a test and then carry on once given the all clear?

That is a hell of a big ask and an awful lot of people won't go along with it imho. Give people immediate access to a test and result and you would get far better compliance imho.

And that's before the resentment of being told to "do your duty" when the prime minister no less is unable to hold his own advisor to the same standard....

Edit. Seems a negative test would mean you have to self isolate foe 14 days anyway...
[Post edited 28 May 2020 7:55]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:33 - May 28 with 1688 viewsElderGrizzly

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:27 - May 28 by bluelagos

It does have the wiff of another poorly executed policy. The bit I can't get my head round is I get contacted and told someone I was near has tested positive so I must self isolate. Ok so far...

Ok, I am responsible so I self isolate. But I can only have a test if I am symptomatic? I have to stay in for 14 days but can not take a test and then carry on once given the all clear?

That is a hell of a big ask and an awful lot of people won't go along with it imho. Give people immediate access to a test and result and you would get far better compliance imho.

And that's before the resentment of being told to "do your duty" when the prime minister no less is unable to hold his own advisor to the same standard....

Edit. Seems a negative test would mean you have to self isolate foe 14 days anyway...

Not in the spirit, but you can get a test at anytime if you say you have any of the symptoms. Just go online and book one.
The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:36 - May 28 with 1680 viewsElderGrizzly

It’s like the last week in school. Bring in games!

All a bit weird as all these people are meant to be working from home?

And it appears to he managed by Serco. Joy...
The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:37 - May 28 with 1678 viewspointofblue

Yes, it sounds like it’s been dragged forward in a hurry to try and deflect. Who cares whether it’s ready? The important thing is the Government, and in particular Mr Cummings, must survive.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:37 - May 28 with 1678 viewsbluelagos

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:33 - May 28 by ElderGrizzly

Not in the spirit, but you can get a test at anytime if you say you have any of the symptoms. Just go online and book one.

Which is exactly what a lot of people will do. Pretend they have the symptoms and go get a test.

Is the reason they are not able to get one down to testing capacity (in which case the system is being launched too soon) or some other reason?

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:39 - May 28 with 1667 viewsElderGrizzly

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:37 - May 28 by bluelagos

Which is exactly what a lot of people will do. Pretend they have the symptoms and go get a test.

Is the reason they are not able to get one down to testing capacity (in which case the system is being launched too soon) or some other reason?

No. There is currently about 50,000 a day excess capacity in the system.

It’s about £150 a test, so assume it is money more than anything
The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:45 - May 28 with 1644 viewsbluelagos

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:39 - May 28 by ElderGrizzly

No. There is currently about 50,000 a day excess capacity in the system.

It’s about £150 a test, so assume it is money more than anything

Can you buy one? Many people would happily pay £150 rather than stay home for 14 days because they might have CV.

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:46 - May 28 with 1639 viewsm14_blue

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:33 - May 28 by ElderGrizzly

You are expected to continue to isolate even if you get a negative test.
Login to get fewer ads

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:47 - May 28 with 1637 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Interesting that the request to stay at home is coming from the NHS according to Hancock and not the government. Contact tracing is essentially "can you tell us who you have been too near to forv15 minutes please......oh and do you have their phone number please?"

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:49 - May 28 with 1633 viewsbluelagos

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:46 - May 28 by m14_blue

You are expected to continue to isolate even if you get a negative test.

Am pretty sure that is wrong. Am going on the govt slide used in yesterday's conference. Will try and find it to clarify.

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:53 - May 28 with 1620 viewsbluelagos

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:49 - May 28 by bluelagos

Am pretty sure that is wrong. Am going on the govt slide used in yesterday's conference. Will try and find it to clarify.

I stand corrected. You do the test, test negative and still are expected to self isolate for 14 days.

Guess the tests are not reliable enough then?

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:54 - May 28 with 1622 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

World beating system Johnson said. That phrase doesn’t conjure up call centre handlers on minimum wage run by the likes of Serco. It needs to work as we’re opening up at a time when we have one of the highest rolling 7 day death by million of population in the world.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:55 - May 28 with 1610 viewsElderGrizzly

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:45 - May 28 by bluelagos

Can you buy one? Many people would happily pay £150 rather than stay home for 14 days because they might have CV.

No, that’s the processing cost to the Govt.
The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 08:04 - May 28 with 1563 viewsSteve_M

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:54 - May 28 by WestStanderLaLaLa

World beating system Johnson said. That phrase doesn’t conjure up call centre handlers on minimum wage run by the likes of Serco. It needs to work as we’re opening up at a time when we have one of the highest rolling 7 day death by million of population in the world.

Using their own PCs too.

A bit more on the app here from Paul Bernal (who is very good on data protection issues):

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 08:20 - May 28 with 1497 viewsTractorWood

So we are paying people to follow up positive tests.

So if you receive a follow up call, you have to give this person all of the names and contact numbers of people you've been in close contact with? Which, unless you've breached current guidelines will be essentially none. Unless you are a key worker, like a teacher or a nurse, in which instance it will be pretty much impossible.

I further assume these people won't actually be tracing people's precise movements and contacts like they do in some South East Asian countries. Instead they will just be calling your mates . I may be being cynical but this just reeks of vintage too little, too late that won't actually do anything.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 08:21 - May 28 with 1496 viewsStokieBlue

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:27 - May 28 by bluelagos

A few more points to consider:

- If you are told to self-isolate by the scheme you don't qualify for sick pay from the time you are made to isolate. This clearly needs to change.

- Lots of people might not be that honest given the criteria is being within 1m for X minutes or 2m for Y minutes which would seem to be against the existing rules anyway. People don't tend to like to self-incriminate themselves.

You are of course totally correct that the "do your duty" line rings very follow given the events of recent days.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 08:29 - May 28 with 1476 viewsm14_blue

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 07:53 - May 28 by bluelagos

I stand corrected. You do the test, test negative and still are expected to self isolate for 14 days.

Guess the tests are not reliable enough then?

Yeah, think there’s still a significant chance of a false negative.

As you say, it’s a huge ask though, particularly from a government which retains such little trust.
The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 09:03 - May 28 with 1445 viewsOldsmoker

We need an easy visual way of spotting those with coronavirus who have been told to self-isolate.
Neighbours of these people could then keep an eye on them to make sure they stick to the rules.
How about a painted symbol on their front door and perhaps some sort of marking on their clothing to identify them?
I'm sure this has been done before but can't remember what the outcome was.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 09:12 - May 28 with 1406 viewsStokieBlue

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 09:03 - May 28 by Oldsmoker

We need an easy visual way of spotting those with coronavirus who have been told to self-isolate.
Neighbours of these people could then keep an eye on them to make sure they stick to the rules.
How about a painted symbol on their front door and perhaps some sort of marking on their clothing to identify them?

Whilst I get the point I don't think there is any need for comparisons like that which could be fairly offensive.

SB
[Post edited 28 May 2020 9:13]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 09:15 - May 28 with 1399 viewssparks

This is our "world class system by 1 June" as promised in Parliament.

It doesnt have an app- which is the basic starting point of most of hte succesful systems and was key not long ago.

As often seems to be the case with public sector IT- we went an odd route, not using what was already there, and then failed to do it properly.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 09:17 - May 28 with 1393 viewsm14_blue

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 08:20 - May 28 by TractorWood

So we are paying people to follow up positive tests.

So if you receive a follow up call, you have to give this person all of the names and contact numbers of people you've been in close contact with? Which, unless you've breached current guidelines will be essentially none. Unless you are a key worker, like a teacher or a nurse, in which instance it will be pretty much impossible.

I further assume these people won't actually be tracing people's precise movements and contacts like they do in some South East Asian countries. Instead they will just be calling your mates . I may be being cynical but this just reeks of vintage too little, too late that won't actually do anything.

‘World class track and trace system’ = someone will ring your mates if you get Covid19.

Super.
The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 09:21 - May 28 with 1388 viewsOldsmoker

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 09:12 - May 28 by StokieBlue

Whilst I get the point I don't think there is any need for comparisons like that which could be fairly offensive.

SB
[Post edited 28 May 2020 9:13]

OK, I thought maybe I'd crossed the line there but publish and be damned.

In my defence, whatabout Trump? He gets away with worse.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 09:25 - May 28 with 1374 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's only England (edit - and Scotland have launched their's too), not the whole UK.

Yet another occasion during this whole fiasco where I'm glad I'm in one of the provinces. We'll let you lot in England be the guinea pigs!
[Post edited 28 May 2020 11:27]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 09:35 - May 28 with 1340 viewssparks

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 09:25 - May 28 by Swansea_Blue

It's only England (edit - and Scotland have launched their's too), not the whole UK.

Yet another occasion during this whole fiasco where I'm glad I'm in one of the provinces. We'll let you lot in England be the guinea pigs!
[Post edited 28 May 2020 11:27]

Dont fancy your chances much. If English people infect you, you wont be included in the tracing!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 09:48 - May 28 with 1310 viewsEdwardStone

The UK's Track and Trace Scheme on 09:03 - May 28 by Oldsmoker

An idea from a slightly earlier age....maybe an audible warning

The infected person could ring a handbell as they progress along the street....and maybe call out "Unclean....Unclean"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024