Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If The Guardian or The Mirror has something up their sleeve now may be the time 08:02 - May 28 with 1870 viewspointofblue

Not a single article relating to Cummings (other than his ‘rise’ to his role at Downing Street) on the BBC front page. I can’t believe it but I think they might actually manage to front this out. Some were hopeful the papers had something else, alluded to by Peston on Monday, and if so now might be the time to regenerate some momentum.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If The Guardian or The Mirror has something up their sleeve now may be the time on 08:24 - May 28 with 1803 viewsOldsmoker

Cummings wife writes for the Spectator.
She wrote a 'diary' article during April that seems to leave out the Durham trip and place the Cummings family in London. Ipsos have had 2000+ complaints about the inaccuracy of this article because of what we now know.
However, a small 1"x2" apology and correction buried on page 27 is all that will come of that.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

If The Guardian or The Mirror has something up their sleeve now may be the time on 15:25 - May 28 with 1609 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If The Guardian or The Mirror has something up their sleeve now may be the time on 08:24 - May 28 by Oldsmoker

Cummings wife writes for the Spectator.
She wrote a 'diary' article during April that seems to leave out the Durham trip and place the Cummings family in London. Ipsos have had 2000+ complaints about the inaccuracy of this article because of what we now know.
However, a small 1"x2" apology and correction buried on page 27 is all that will come of that.

The lack of accountability of our press is worrying.

But then if there is no accountability for Government advisors anyway ...

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If The Guardian or The Mirror has something up their sleeve now may be the time on 15:30 - May 28 with 1596 viewssparks

As I have commented a number of times- I would be surprised if they have anything further. They may bedesperately trying to find something, but it is looking thin.

If they had a "gotcha" I think we would have seen it by now.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

If The Guardian or The Mirror has something up their sleeve now may be the time on 17:10 - May 28 with 1488 viewsJ2BLUE

I can’t believe it but I think they might actually manage to front this out.

It was obvious from the start it would end like this. It's amazing anyone thought it would be his downfall.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If The Guardian or The Mirror has something up their sleeve now may be the time on 17:43 - May 28 with 1454 viewsPinewoodblue

If The Guardian or The Mirror has something up their sleeve now may be the time on 17:10 - May 28 by J2BLUE

It was obvious from the start it would end like this. It's amazing anyone thought it would be his downfall.

Think you have covered everything there. Either you can’t believe it or it was obvious. Can’t be both can it?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The thing is, the majority..... on 17:53 - May 28 with 1433 viewsBloots

If The Guardian or The Mirror has something up their sleeve now may be the time on 17:10 - May 28 by J2BLUE

….of people that voted for BJ don't really give a toss about politics, they don't watch Newsnight, they certainly don't read the broadsheets, they probably don't watch the daily briefing.

All they care about is getting hammered in Spoons and watching SkySports.

The Cummings "issue", at least the minute detail of it, will escape them.

Even some people who are interested will be starting to get bored of it now, the MSM making silly snipes in press conferences is just pointless and could even lead to some sympathy for BJ.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

If The Guardian or The Mirror has something up their sleeve now may be the time on 17:55 - May 28 with 1421 viewsm14_blue

I guess some people (foolishly) continue to think that this PM has any sense whatsoever of decency and fair play.

In a way it’s good that he’s stayed though, it’s shown the whole country incontrovertibly just what utter contempt this government holds them in. Of course there will still be many who refuse to see it but deep down even they must know they fcuked up.

“It’s far easier to fool someone than to convince them they’ve been fooled.”

This shower fooled millions of people and it will take a while for the more stubborn of them to accept that, particularly when they are so invested in it.
If The Guardian or The Mirror has something up their sleeve now may be the time on 18:01 - May 28 with 1405 viewsLankHenners

They were always going to be able to plow on through. I know some polls are showing a decline in support for Johnson and most want Cummings sacked but that’ll only be short term. The longer they keep the defence up the more tired and disillusioned people come with the situation and give up.

The more they say ‘we need to move on’, the more they can spin the situation to being the media and ‘the left’ not getting behind the country and hindering the national effort. And Tory voters hate ‘lefty gotcha’ stuff more than anything, more than Corbyn. In fact, they’d probably accept Corbyn as PM in exchange for a ban on people saying mean things about them online or in the papers, the thick bastards.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

If The Guardian or The Mirror has something up their sleeve now may be the time on 18:06 - May 28 with 1390 viewsm14_blue

If The Guardian or The Mirror has something up their sleeve now may be the time on 18:01 - May 28 by LankHenners

They were always going to be able to plow on through. I know some polls are showing a decline in support for Johnson and most want Cummings sacked but that’ll only be short term. The longer they keep the defence up the more tired and disillusioned people come with the situation and give up.

The more they say ‘we need to move on’, the more they can spin the situation to being the media and ‘the left’ not getting behind the country and hindering the national effort. And Tory voters hate ‘lefty gotcha’ stuff more than anything, more than Corbyn. In fact, they’d probably accept Corbyn as PM in exchange for a ban on people saying mean things about them online or in the papers, the thick bastards.

The world will move on but the tories, and Boris in particular, have expended a huge amount of political capital and goodwill on this.

Something they were able to do with their majority but it weakens their standing massively ahead of a very difficult time with the disastrous handing of the pandemic and the hammer blow of a no deal Brexit looming.

All to save a guy who is widely detested and is presiding over a calamity that has led to the deaths of countless UK citizens.
If The Guardian or The Mirror has something up their sleeve now may be the time on 20:28 - May 28 with 1290 viewsglasso

If The Guardian or The Mirror has something up their sleeve now may be the time on 15:30 - May 28 by sparks

As I have commented a number of times- I would be surprised if they have anything further. They may bedesperately trying to find something, but it is looking thin.

If they had a "gotcha" I think we would have seen it by now.

I have it on very good authority (someone at the paper) that they have a strong eye witness account of another trip he made. They've been trying to stand it up with a second eye witness account to be completely certain, and behind the scenes DC and his team are going hell-for-leather to shut it down.

I guess it all hangs on whether they can stand it up with someone else or CCTV footage/pics etc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024