Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un 12:58 - May 28 with 4210 viewsartsbossbeard

Telegraph report to follow.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 13:04 - May 28 with 2248 viewslowhouseblue

what is the telegraph saying?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 13:08 - May 28 with 2223 viewsDubtractor

The police? Just a left wing campaigning organisation that are still sore about Brexit.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 13:13 - May 28 with 2182 viewsBrixtonBlue

Is that their actual phrasing? Rather colloquial of them!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 13:28 - May 28 with 2117 viewsfactual_blue

It's now on the BBC website.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 13:30 - May 28 with 2092 viewslowhouseblue

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 13:28 - May 28 by factual_blue

It's now on the BBC website.

BBC: "PM aide Dominic Cummings' trip to Barnard Castle "might have been minor breach" of lockdown rules, Durham Police say"

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 13:34 - May 28 with 2075 viewsBrixtonBlue

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 13:30 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

BBC: "PM aide Dominic Cummings' trip to Barnard Castle "might have been minor breach" of lockdown rules, Durham Police say"

What odd wording. It's either a breach or it isn't. It's like being slightly pregnant.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

"Cummings might be a minor wrong un" (n/t) on 13:35 - May 28 with 2064 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 13:36 - May 28 with 2065 viewsTommyparker

Police says trip to Barnard Castle was possible breach but does not warrant any further action.
Login to get fewer ads

It's not even that.... on 13:37 - May 28 with 2053 viewsBloots

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 13:34 - May 28 by BrixtonBlue

What odd wording. It's either a breach or it isn't. It's like being slightly pregnant.

….it's more like possibly being slightly pregnant.

Even the rozzers are divs.

The response actually makes them appear more.... on 13:39 - May 28 with 2038 viewsBloots

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 13:08 - May 28 by Dubtractor

The police? Just a left wing campaigning organisation that are still sore about Brexit.

…..of a "right wing brexiteering gammon".

To be honest.

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 13:40 - May 28 with 2033 viewstractorboy1978

A very weak statement.
Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:16 - May 28 with 1944 viewsBlueBadger

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 13:36 - May 28 by Tommyparker

Police says trip to Barnard Castle was possible breach but does not warrant any further action.

Consistent with previous high-profile offenders Nigel Farage(travelled 100 or so miles to do some racism) and Stephen Kinnock(150 miles to deliver 'essential supplies' to his parents in London) who both had tickings-off(albeit via social media in Kinnock's case) in all fairness.

Farage of course, complained about what a terrible waste of time it all was.
[Post edited 28 May 2020 14:31]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:31 - May 28 with 1885 viewsfactual_blue

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:16 - May 28 by BlueBadger

Consistent with previous high-profile offenders Nigel Farage(travelled 100 or so miles to do some racism) and Stephen Kinnock(150 miles to deliver 'essential supplies' to his parents in London) who both had tickings-off(albeit via social media in Kinnock's case) in all fairness.

They were all acting legally and with integrity, but can understand why reasonably-minded people might disagree with them.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:34 - May 28 with 1872 viewsKeno

in that last sentence did you "he' rather than 'it'?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:38 - May 28 with 1853 viewsSteve_M

Did Kinnock travel that far given he has a house in London?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:42 - May 28 with 1838 viewsbrazil1982

Ian Blackford too, 600 miles to Skye from London during lockdown. Nawtey.
Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:44 - May 28 with 1826 viewsBlueBadger

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:38 - May 28 by Steve_M

Did Kinnock travel that far given he has a house in London?

May have misnterpreted this article, in all fairness

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/29/stephen-kinnock-targeted-by-pol

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:45 - May 28 with 1827 viewsHerbivore

A couple of lawyers have explained the wording on twitter. "Might" basically means that they believe he did, hence if they'd pulled him over they'd have advised him to return home. If he'd refused then they'd have issued a fixed penalty notice but if chose to refuse to pay the matter would end up before the court and they would have to determine. That's why they have used "might" as, in principle, a court could disagree with their interpretation.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:47 - May 28 with 1824 viewsBlueBadger

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:42 - May 28 by brazil1982

Or what is known as 'travelling home' in the local parlance.

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:47 - May 28 with 1819 viewsitfcjoe

He was returning home to his constituency as instructed

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:48 - May 28 with 1813 viewsSwansea_Blue

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 13:08 - May 28 by Dubtractor

Incoming from Laura K - A PM's source has just told me "the Police are of course entitled to their opinion".

Probably. But I may have made that up

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:48 - May 28 with 1813 viewsBlueBadger

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:47 - May 28 by itfcjoe

He was returning home to his constituency as instructed

And also isolated away from his wife on returning.

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:48 - May 28 with 1817 viewsEastTownBlue

You mean MPs who were in London while the lockdown was announced and returned home for the Easter recess ?

I'm sure there will be many from each party there.
Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:52 - May 28 with 1798 viewsKievthegreat

Durham police - Cummings is a wrong un on 14:48 - May 28 by EastTownBlue

You mean MPs who were in London while the lockdown was announced and returned home for the Easter recess ?

I'm sure there will be many from each party there.

Returning to their primary residence. Not the same as leaving your primary residence to stay with the folks.
Shambert out! (n/t) on 14:53 - May 28 with 1786 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Cummings might be a minor wrong un" (n/t) on 13:35 - May 28 by Bloots

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024