Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So six people can now meet outside 17:20 - May 28 with 6782 viewsgtsb1966

Big gamble from the government there. If there is a second spike they will get slaughtered for that. Fingers crossed there isn't.
So six people can now meet outside on 17:23 - May 28 with 2797 viewsfooters

Great news for me and my mates at the naturist poker club though.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So six people can now meet outside on 17:24 - May 28 with 2787 viewsfactual_blue

So six people can now meet outside on 17:23 - May 28 by footers

Great news for me and my mates at the naturist poker club though.

Presumably you play dress poker.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So six people can now meet outside on 17:26 - May 28 with 2774 viewsJ2BLUE

Why? Logic and science suggests it will be fine as long as people maintain distance. There's little reason (space allowing) why people can't keep 3-4m away outside.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So six people can now meet outside on 17:26 - May 28 with 2770 viewsSteve_M

Given that the value of R may be only just below 1, then the logic of loosening restrictions now is less than clear:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So six people can now meet outside on 17:28 - May 28 with 2752 viewsgtsb1966

So six people can now meet outside on 17:26 - May 28 by J2BLUE

Why? Logic and science suggests it will be fine as long as people maintain distance. There's little reason (space allowing) why people can't keep 3-4m away outside.

I think people are losing sight of the distance rule, especially the youngsters I've seen out.
So six people can now meet outside on 17:28 - May 28 with 2744 viewsHerbivore

So six people can now meet outside on 17:26 - May 28 by Steve_M

Given that the value of R may be only just below 1, then the logic of loosening restrictions now is less than clear:

#followingthescience

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So six people can now meet outside on 17:30 - May 28 with 2723 viewsfooters

So six people can now meet outside on 17:26 - May 28 by J2BLUE

Even yesterday I saw people huddled together waiting to get on a double decker bus. This is not going to end well.

So six people can now meet outside on 17:36 - May 28 with 2672 viewsJDB23

Think this is about 2 weeks too early tbh. You know people won’t stick to distancing guidelines either.
Login to get fewer ads

So six people can now meet outside on 17:39 - May 28 with 2656 viewsJammyDodgerrr

The tone of what Vallance was delivering was the opposite to Boris. It's clear they don't think they should be lifting anything, i think.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

So six people can now meet outside on 17:40 - May 28 with 2645 viewsPinewoodblue

So six people can now meet outside on 17:36 - May 28 by JDB23

Think this is about 2 weeks too early tbh. You know people won’t stick to distancing guidelines either.

Still no mixing of households if someone is shielding.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So six people can now meet outside on 17:42 - May 28 with 2631 viewsStokieBlue

Six or more people are already meeting outside.

Groups of 10+ everywhere in the park on the weekend drinking beer in the sun from the pubs at each entrance which were serving in plastic cups.

The rubbish was awful.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So six people can now meet outside on 17:44 - May 28 with 2609 viewsfooters

So six people can now meet outside on 17:42 - May 28 by StokieBlue

Six or more people are already meeting outside.

Groups of 10+ everywhere in the park on the weekend drinking beer in the sun from the pubs at each entrance which were serving in plastic cups.

The rubbish was awful.

SB

Yeah, was lovely seeing you and the family, Stokie. Bet you were hungover the next day! Try pacing yourself next time, it got a bit unpleasant towards the end.

So six people can now meet outside on 17:49 - May 28 with 2570 viewsjas0999

Difficult to balance. Got to start opening up at some point - yet relies on people observing social distancing. Not sure that’s going to happen and you just know people will see this as an excuse to party next weekend - with more than six people present.

The distancing rule seem to be going out of the window in supermarkets - only yesterday someone reached over me when shopping. Can’t see this one working.
So six people can now meet outside on 17:52 - May 28 with 2535 viewsPinewoodblue

So six people can now meet outside on 17:49 - May 28 by jas0999

Difficult to balance. Got to start opening up at some point - yet relies on people observing social distancing. Not sure that’s going to happen and you just know people will see this as an excuse to party next weekend - with more than six people present.

The distancing rule seem to be going out of the window in supermarkets - only yesterday someone reached over me when shopping. Can’t see this one working.

Looks as if thrgivernment wantsstores to follow the Ikea model.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I'll be fine..... on 17:55 - May 28 with 2520 viewsBloots

….I haven't got 5 friends.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

So six people can now meet outside on 17:55 - May 28 with 2521 viewsreusersfreekicks

So six people can now meet outside on 17:28 - May 28 by gtsb1966

I think people are losing sight of the distance rule, especially the youngsters I've seen out.

Agree - older teenagers and early 20s are out and about together - no police anywhere to be seen even though a park is the obvious location.
Plus people are already meeting in bigger groups from more than 1 household already. As long as 2m rule kept number of people doesn't seem all that relevant?
So six people can now meet outside on 18:01 - May 28 with 2488 viewsbluejacko

Didn’t seem to matter for the thousands that went to the beaches,or the pack of press outside a certain persons house!
They will be the first to moan about how it isn’t safe to send their kids back to school.
There has been a bit of a bump on 18:02 - May 28 with 2485 viewsGuthrum

in the smoothed (7-day average) figure for infections, rising by about 700, with signs of a slight "uptick" in the corresponding smoothed daily deaths numbers over the last couple of days as well.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So six people can now meet outside on 18:27 - May 28 with 2428 viewsDebsyAngel

I, as much as I would love to see my parents, just will not do this. It's too soon and the deaths and new cases are still happening. I am not even sure if I can see my parents due to them being over 70 and ill health. It would be hell them sitting in my garden and cannot give them a drink or hug them. It will be totally taken the piss out of by others (like the ones next door to me who had a woman and 2 kids here today, one of which was in a bedroom playing computer games with the son). I dread 2 weeks time when more shops will be open too. I am feeling so damned depressed. People are just acting like this virus has gone away all because of what that stupid Cummings idiot did.
So six people can now meet outside on 18:31 - May 28 with 2410 viewsbluejacko

So six people can now meet outside on 18:27 - May 28 by DebsyAngel

I, as much as I would love to see my parents, just will not do this. It's too soon and the deaths and new cases are still happening. I am not even sure if I can see my parents due to them being over 70 and ill health. It would be hell them sitting in my garden and cannot give them a drink or hug them. It will be totally taken the piss out of by others (like the ones next door to me who had a woman and 2 kids here today, one of which was in a bedroom playing computer games with the son). I dread 2 weeks time when more shops will be open too. I am feeling so damned depressed. People are just acting like this virus has gone away all because of what that stupid Cummings idiot did.

Have a word with yourself! This nonsense was happening well before what he did.
I suppose he caused the out break of Covid up there did he?
What about Kinnock driving to London from Wales before what Cummings did?
[Post edited 28 May 2020 18:33]
So six people can now meet outside on 18:34 - May 28 with 2381 viewsWicksy

Yeah - it's almost as if they're trying bury the Cummings fiasco with some good news

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

So six people can now meet outside on 18:39 - May 28 with 2355 viewssparks

The logic is that economically- something has to give, and the mood of the country isnt supporting hard lockdown anymore.

One has to ask whether the lockdown was hard enough- it was pretty lax in many respects. I have been saying for weeks that compared with other nations, we dont seem to be squashing the numbers in the same way.

4 weeks of proper rigorous lockdown might well have been pain worth taking in the short term for longer term gain.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

So six people can now meet outside on 18:40 - May 28 with 2349 viewsDebsyAngel

So six people can now meet outside on 18:31 - May 28 by bluejacko

Have a word with yourself! This nonsense was happening well before what he did.
I suppose he caused the out break of Covid up there did he?
What about Kinnock driving to London from Wales before what Cummings did?
[Post edited 28 May 2020 18:33]

That is not what I meant - I meant from since this outrage about him has come to light more people have used a devil may care and "if he can do it, so we can" attitude.
With respect..... on 18:49 - May 28 with 2301 viewsBloots

So six people can now meet outside on 18:40 - May 28 by DebsyAngel

That is not what I meant - I meant from since this outrage about him has come to light more people have used a devil may care and "if he can do it, so we can" attitude.

….I very much doubt that.

However, you are of course entitled to be as strict as you personally want to be.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

So six people can now meet outside on 18:51 - May 28 with 2296 viewsPendejo

So I can organise a BBQ in my dad's garden?

Dad, uncle, sister, her boyfriend, my wife and i.

Fire up the barbie! Destination Ipswich Saturday!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024