Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer 19:20 - May 28 with 6196 viewsElderGrizzly

If we want to restart and Tranmere and Peterborough threatening Legal action if the season is ended on PPG.

15 clubs now want to end the season which is enough.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/28/lower-division-clubs-rescue-pac
£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:26 - May 28 with 6156 viewsitfcjoe

I think the PFA or PL should help to cover that cost.

And by way of a grant not as a loan, it's in their interest to get the games back on

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:28 - May 28 with 6133 viewssparks

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:26 - May 28 by itfcjoe

And by way of a grant not as a loan, it's in their interest to get the games back on

Its in their interest to have their pick of players from crippled clubs.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:29 - May 28 with 6127 viewsitfcjoe

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:28 - May 28 by sparks

Its in their interest to have their pick of players from crippled clubs.

They are crippled whatever happens, whether we play or not

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:44 - May 28 with 6061 viewsElderGrizzly

Completely agree. The PL or EFL should pay as they need the games on as much as the clubs.

A collapse in the football league structure will hurt them all, even if they think they are immune in their PL bubble
£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:46 - May 28 with 6051 viewsitfcjoe

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:44 - May 28 by ElderGrizzly

Completely agree. The PL or EFL should pay as they need the games on as much as the clubs.

A collapse in the football league structure will hurt them all, even if they think they are immune in their PL bubble

You could give every team in L1 and L2 a £500k grant to see them through the season and it would be enough and be less than 1 clubs parachute payment next season.

Hopefully something like that is able to happen as getting all the leagues finished is the best solution

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:58 - May 28 with 6009 viewsChrisd

Really can’t see why EPL sides should make that contribution. From the point of view of goodwill possibly, but we all know how football works and invariably it’s not based on that.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 10:27]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 20:01 - May 28 with 5988 viewssparks

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:58 - May 28 by Chrisd

Really can’t see why EPL sides should make that contribution. From the point of view of goodwill possibly, but we all know how football works and invariably it’s not based on that.

Because they have destroyed and dominated the game to their own advantage. But of course, they wont see it that way or have any incentive to do it.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 10:25 - May 30 with 5602 viewsbluebare

why would it cost that much? Surely it is the duty of every player to isolate themselves and their families. So for the remainder of the fixtures the squad could isolate together in an empty hotel. Play and train together. To cancel the season will be more detrimental to the game as a whole than the cost of playing the games. TV money betting etc could help with costs along with football authorities. Maybe I see things as simple but that's what football is a simple game made complicated by people and greed.
Login to get fewer ads

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 15:16 - May 30 with 5444 viewsArnieM

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 20:01 - May 28 by sparks

Because they have destroyed and dominated the game to their own advantage. But of course, they wont see it that way or have any incentive to do it.

Absolutely spot on . I bloody hate the Premier League.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 17:49 - May 30 with 5373 viewsblueprint

I think all clubs should be told to play. Any clubs that don’t want (afford) to can refuse but will forfeit the points to the opposition. That may seem a bit unfair to those less well off clubs but there needs to be a consistent approach across all 4 divisions.
£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 17:54 - May 30 with 5356 viewsChrisd

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 17:49 - May 30 by blueprint

I think all clubs should be told to play. Any clubs that don’t want (afford) to can refuse but will forfeit the points to the opposition. That may seem a bit unfair to those less well off clubs but there needs to be a consistent approach across all 4 divisions.

L2 have already finished their season though?

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:01 - May 30 with 5270 viewsPhilTWTD

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:58 - May 28 by Chrisd

Think the suggestion is the Premier League should help lower league clubs financially, not the Premier League sides themselves. According to Mel Morris, the Derby owner, the Premier League has £1.5 billion in its coffers.
£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:11 - May 30 with 5247 viewsChrisd

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:01 - May 30 by PhilTWTD

Think the suggestion is the Premier League should help lower league clubs financially, not the Premier League sides themselves. According to Mel Morris, the Derby owner, the Premier League has £1.5 billion in its coffers.

The elephant in the room is this belief that the EPL will help out? Yes, they might have plenty of surplus, but why should they? Football is now more business driven, morality seems to be long gone out of the game.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 21:02]

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:13 - May 30 with 5241 viewspointofblue

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 17:54 - May 30 by Chrisd

L2 have already finished their season though?

The issue is it should be the same rule for every league across the rule - not some finishing, some not, some voiding their leagues, some using PPG. The FA, PL and EFL should have got together very early on and made a decision.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 23:08 - May 30 with 5121 viewsArnieM

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:46 - May 28 by itfcjoe

You could give every team in L1 and L2 a £500k grant to see them through the season and it would be enough and be less than 1 clubs parachute payment next season.

Hopefully something like that is able to happen as getting all the leagues finished is the best solution

Agreed, but the sorry state of the game in this Country these days will probably mean that wouldn’t happen . The PL “ closed shop” stinks.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 08:38 - May 31 with 5017 viewstractorboy1978

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 19:13 - May 30 by pointofblue

The issue is it should be the same rule for every league across the rule - not some finishing, some not, some voiding their leagues, some using PPG. The FA, PL and EFL should have got together very early on and made a decision.

The worry here is that we do not even have consistency across the EFL. I appreciate that the spectrum of clubs in terms of size and finances is vast from the top end of the Championship to the bottom of L2, but shouldn't all EFL leagues be bound by the same outcome? We have the Championship siding with the PL, L2 done and dusted and an almost 50/50 split in L1. It's going to get messy.
£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 11:36 - May 31 with 4934 viewsVaughan8

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 08:38 - May 31 by tractorboy1978

The worry here is that we do not even have consistency across the EFL. I appreciate that the spectrum of clubs in terms of size and finances is vast from the top end of the Championship to the bottom of L2, but shouldn't all EFL leagues be bound by the same outcome? We have the Championship siding with the PL, L2 done and dusted and an almost 50/50 split in L1. It's going to get messy.

Completely agree. It should be the same across the board.

It seems as if League 2 has done a similar thing to National League (except they have agreed on promotion of the top 3 if I'm correct?) and The Championship want to align with the Premier League.

This leaves League one in limbo as it probably has the biggest spectrum of teams in the league.

An alternative plan would be to have promotions, but not relegations but that comes with other issues, including the Premier League gets 3 extra teams........

Maybe the scrapping of the league cup for a few seasons and relegating 4 a season for a few seasons could help?

I don't see why teams should get relegated when there are quite a few games left.

The EFL seem to be passing the buck to the owners so they can't get blamed for any decision. I'm just glad I don't have to make the decision
[Post edited 31 May 2020 11:37]
£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 12:56 - May 31 with 4876 viewsChrisd

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 11:36 - May 31 by Vaughan8

Completely agree. It should be the same across the board.

It seems as if League 2 has done a similar thing to National League (except they have agreed on promotion of the top 3 if I'm correct?) and The Championship want to align with the Premier League.

This leaves League one in limbo as it probably has the biggest spectrum of teams in the league.

An alternative plan would be to have promotions, but not relegations but that comes with other issues, including the Premier League gets 3 extra teams........

Maybe the scrapping of the league cup for a few seasons and relegating 4 a season for a few seasons could help?

I don't see why teams should get relegated when there are quite a few games left.

The EFL seem to be passing the buck to the owners so they can't get blamed for any decision. I'm just glad I don't have to make the decision
[Post edited 31 May 2020 11:37]

The EFL need to show some leadership, it's been severely lacking throughout this whole debacle.

£140,000 per L1 club just on testing this summer on 14:50 - May 31 with 4826 viewsPinewoodblue

The FA needs to add a rule that the club football season ends 31st of May and that in event of matches not being played the league table on 31st May shall be the table for the end of season.

Should it not be possible to complete play offs the highest placed team, not already automatically promoted, shall gain promotion.

This would avoid any similar situation arising in the future. It is unfair that Ipswich Ladies team are not rewarded for their superb efforts in the season that has been voided.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024