Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One up to Sunderland 19:44 - May 28 with 5411 viewsbluejacko

Looks like they have got their reward for being the first town to vote leave.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1288162/nissan-sunderland-uk-car-industry-manu

Who would have thought that the Spanish would have a riot?
One up to Sunderland on 13:51 - Jun 3 with 355 viewsEireannach_gorm

One up to Sunderland on 11:24 - Jun 3 by BtreeBlueBlood

I thought I heard they are moving some Renault jobs there too , sister company.

'An announcement by Nissan that Renault might take the European lead in the companies' global manufacturing alliance (which also includes Mitsubishi) by taking up an estimated 20% spare capacity at Sunderland were quashed for the foreseeable future by Renault last week, when it said it had no current plans to move in to the UK.'
One up to Sunderland on 14:02 - Jun 3 with 347 viewsEireannach_gorm

'Nissan is part of a three-way alliance with Renault and Mitsubishi, which are restructuring global operations to enable them to work more closely and cut costs.

As part of its plans, Nissan said it would focus on several "key markets", including Japan, North America and China.

Its boss said that it will "sustain" its presence in Europe but will leave more room for alliance partners there, such as Renault.'

It looks like the three way alliance have carved up the world into marketing areas. Obviously Renault will have Europe for themselves and Nissans 'presence' will only be maintained if they can trade tariff free. The clearly have new key markets in mind. I wouldn't be too confident regarding the future of the Sunderland plant and definitely would hold off on the gloating.
Sunderland late result, extra time being played... on 14:07 - Jun 4 with 299 viewsWeWereZombies

One up to Sunderland on 14:02 - Jun 3 by Eireannach_gorm

'Nissan is part of a three-way alliance with Renault and Mitsubishi, which are restructuring global operations to enable them to work more closely and cut costs.

As part of its plans, Nissan said it would focus on several "key markets", including Japan, North America and China.

Its boss said that it will "sustain" its presence in Europe but will leave more room for alliance partners there, such as Renault.'

It looks like the three way alliance have carved up the world into marketing areas. Obviously Renault will have Europe for themselves and Nissans 'presence' will only be maintained if they can trade tariff free. The clearly have new key markets in mind. I wouldn't be too confident regarding the future of the Sunderland plant and definitely would hold off on the gloating.

Basically Nissan are telling Boris Johnson that if he dares leave the European Union without a trade deal then Sunderland is no longer viable, World Trade Organisation terms will not do.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/nissan-warns-sunderland-pla
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 14:08]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024