Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May I be the first to wish everyone 00:00 - May 29 with 878 viewsgainsboroughblue

a Happy 20th Wembley Anniversary.

What a f***ing day that was.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

May I be the first to wish everyone on 07:50 - May 29 with 798 viewsITFC_Forever

It was a day I want to relive a thousand times over.....

We had a fantastic day doing what we did... but everyone you spoke to for weeks after all did too, however they did it - you wanted to re-live through their eyes doing what they did as well.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

May I be the first to wish everyone on 09:03 - May 29 with 773 viewsPJH

It was a great day and made extra special for me by having my son with me to share it.
May I be the first to wish everyone on 09:38 - May 29 with 742 viewsLibero

I'd been a season ticket holder for the first time that season and had been attending games since 95 but after putting off his holiday plans for 3 years only to not reach the final my Dad made the bizarre choice of booking ten days away on the Isle of Arran for the family.
One of the first things I asked my Dad when the final whistle went against Bolton was if we'd cancel the holiday, alas he didn't and it's only in retrospect that I feel I really missed out.

Instead I had the pleasure of watching the game in "Douglas Bar" with my old man and his mate who lives on the island.
The locals looked absolutely bemused with our wild celebrations, only interupting to tell us that "Mowbray was pish at Celtic"

I've always said since that I won't go to Wembley until I get to watch Ipswich there, I've turned down various invites to international games with mates and a couple of chances to see Spurs last year, I think in reality I've given up ever going now.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 9:39]
May I be the first to wish everyone on 09:41 - May 29 with 732 viewsWeWereZombies

May I be the first to wish everyone on 09:03 - May 29 by PJH

It was a great day and made extra special for me by having my son with me to share it.

Same here, although with him being thirteen and me doing the driving my after match celebration drinks had to wait a while.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

May I be the first to wish everyone on 09:51 - May 29 with 714 viewsPJH

May I be the first to wish everyone on 09:41 - May 29 by WeWereZombies

Same here, although with him being thirteen and me doing the driving my after match celebration drinks had to wait a while.

My son was 18 and we went on one of the 90 or so coaches from PR-the second coach to leave PR I think.

Couple of pints chatting to Barnsley supporters before the game, I think it was agreed that the result would be 2-1 or something but it was not agreed which team would get the 2.

I had to drive home from Ipswich when we got back,remember driving through Kesgrave with blue and white scarves hanging out of car windows
May I be the first to wish everyone on 09:56 - May 29 with 702 viewsthebluewizzard

Thing that sticks in my mind was on the drive home, just come off the M25 and about 100 yards down the A12 was a yellow and green VW campervan, with 3 city supporters standing outside with a sign - straight up straight down Ipswich scum
May I be the first to wish everyone on 09:57 - May 29 with 695 viewsWeWereZombies

May I be the first to wish everyone on 09:51 - May 29 by PJH

My son was 18 and we went on one of the 90 or so coaches from PR-the second coach to leave PR I think.

Couple of pints chatting to Barnsley supporters before the game, I think it was agreed that the result would be 2-1 or something but it was not agreed which team would get the 2.

I had to drive home from Ipswich when we got back,remember driving through Kesgrave with blue and white scarves hanging out of car windows

We didn't meet any Barnsley supporters before the match (drove in from the 'Borders', yes, I was living the wrong side of the Waveney, the Little Ouse in fact, at the time) but the ones we met afterwards were very gracious in defeat. Our seats (not that we sat down much) were on the opposite side to the tunnel and right next to the Barnsley support (apart from a wide gap between us), their crowd could have been on a factory outing to Blackpool for all the cheeriness they exhibited - I think they were still having a sing song as our team climbed the Wembley steps to collect the trophy.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024