Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again 10:03 - May 29 with 3014 viewshomer_123

More than 200 schools across South Korea are forced to return to online teaching just days after being allowed back in classrooms

Most of the affected schools are in an area outside of Seoul which has seen a fresh outbreak of the virus

On Thursday South Korea reported 79 new cases within 24 hours - its highest number in two months

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52844350

Roll on next week....schools back and up to 6 can meet.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 10:11 - May 29 with 2986 viewsmonytowbray

Already seeing data that suggests VE Day has seen a spike in hospital cases.

Weeeeee. BACK TO WORK SH1T MUNCHERS.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 10:42 - May 29 with 2933 viewsElephantintheRoom

No need to panic.... South Korea is trying to control the spread of the virus - we are not.

If you look at how many new cases there are here every day most countries in the world would initiate a proper lock down in the UK - not unleash the masses.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 11:04 - May 29 with 2907 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How many primaries are actually going back next week?

I know of a nursery going back on Wednesday and the primaries I know of aren't going back until the 8th.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 11:08 - May 29 with 2891 viewsbournemouthblue

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 10:11 - May 29 by monytowbray

Already seeing data that suggests VE Day has seen a spike in hospital cases.

Weeeeee. BACK TO WORK SH1T MUNCHERS.

That was predictable

They were suggesting R was approaching 1 again so letting 6 people meet in gardens or public spaces seems a strange one

The Test and Trace system sounds like a total disaster as well

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 11:11 - May 29 with 2883 viewsmonytowbray

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 11:08 - May 29 by bournemouthblue

That was predictable

They were suggesting R was approaching 1 again so letting 6 people meet in gardens or public spaces seems a strange one

The Test and Trace system sounds like a total disaster as well

It's all a distraction technique to take heat off.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 11:21 - May 29 with 2867 viewsPablokuqi

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 11:04 - May 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

I know of a nursery going back on Wednesday and the primaries I know of aren't going back until the 8th.

A lot that I know of in Ipswich and surrounding area.
Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 11:23 - May 29 with 2859 viewshomer_123

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 11:04 - May 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Nurseries and all primaries near us are back as of Monday.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 11:23 - May 29 with 2857 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 11:21 - May 29 by Pablokuqi

A lot that I know of in Ipswich and surrounding area.

Is that all 3 of their year groups or are they alternating days for different groups?

I really feel for them. At least in secondary we will get to see the impact of it before ours kicks in and we might stand a chance of more Year 10s staying home and those that come in possibly observing some degree of social distancing.

Login to get fewer ads

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 11:42 - May 29 with 2822 viewsjaykay

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 11:11 - May 29 by monytowbray

stop all this politicising

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 12:15 - May 29 with 2795 viewsMullet

I've been doing a lot of work looking at risk assessments this half term and trying to help raise any issues which haven't been thought of.

It's going to be incredibly difficult whatever is done here, because the rest of the population won't be abiding by these conditions. I already know that a large % of our kids have been out and about in the community since being off for example.

What started with a few congregating has grown and colleagues who live in the area have said they've seen more and more around as time has gone on. That's going to be the biggest factor, especially as the North West is doing so poorly.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 12:39 - May 29 with 2753 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 12:15 - May 29 by Mullet

I've been doing a lot of work looking at risk assessments this half term and trying to help raise any issues which haven't been thought of.

It's going to be incredibly difficult whatever is done here, because the rest of the population won't be abiding by these conditions. I already know that a large % of our kids have been out and about in the community since being off for example.

What started with a few congregating has grown and colleagues who live in the area have said they've seen more and more around as time has gone on. That's going to be the biggest factor, especially as the North West is doing so poorly.

Consider yourself fortunate to have a risk assessment to look at unless you are back before the 15th.

We are likely to see ours the week beginning 8th but I know the union reps are in dialogue.

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 12:44 - May 29 with 2740 viewsMullet

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 12:39 - May 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Consider yourself fortunate to have a risk assessment to look at unless you are back before the 15th.

We are likely to see ours the week beginning 8th but I know the union reps are in dialogue.

I am a union rep now, so that's why!

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 12:49 - May 29 with 2730 viewsPablokuqi

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 11:23 - May 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is that all 3 of their year groups or are they alternating days for different groups?

I really feel for them. At least in secondary we will get to see the impact of it before ours kicks in and we might stand a chance of more Year 10s staying home and those that come in possibly observing some degree of social distancing.

Depends on the school size and the Headteacher!

My daughter school: Wed 3rd June for children in Year 1 only. Then children in Reception and Year 6 from Monday 8th June. Off on Fridays.
My son: 3 days over 10 day rota, starting Mon 1st June
Wife: Starting Tues 2nd June all three Yr groups every day but finishing at lunch time.
My school: All 3 year groups all day.
All still including key worker bubble separate all day every day.

Have to bring own children to wife school as we can't drop them at their schools on time as no breakfast clubs.
Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 13:08 - May 29 with 2688 viewsm14_blue

County council up here have advised against any schools reopening, as far as I know none are but there may be exceptions.
Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 13:22 - May 29 with 2659 viewsElderGrizzly

Oh to have 'only' 79 new cases a day.

We are still between 2,000 and 3,000 a day they know of and they estimate 54,000 new cases a week is the actual number.

Yet we are skipping out of restrictions...
Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 13:30 - May 29 with 2645 viewsGlasgowBlue

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 12:44 - May 29 by Mullet

Red Mullet the Union baron.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 13:44 - May 29 with 2614 viewsmanchego

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 11:11 - May 29 by monytowbray

Test and Trace was the ultimate in - "here's something to distract you from DomCum"
Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 13:47 - May 29 with 2607 viewsSwansea_Blue

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 12:44 - May 29 by Mullet

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2015/09/10/20/1-Ci

I've never been a fan of unions and how they go about things, which is a bit of an odd view when they are standing up for us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 16:37 - May 29 with 2515 viewsMullet

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 13:30 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

Red Mullet the Union baron.

I’m the moderate round the table I’ll have you know! My counterparts are far more militant in the other union it appears.

Days after schools re-opened in South Korea - they are closed again on 17:33 - May 29 with 2454 viewsDecoy_Octopus

We're not sending ours back whether the schools are open or not. We'll decide what's safe for our children and us, not some untrustworthy government.

I think this whole easing of the lockdown is a massive mistake. Can see the numbers going up. Hope people remember come election time
[Post edited 29 May 2020 17:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024