Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Payments 11:02 - May 29 with 1581 viewskizaitfc

Anyone else find it odd the club are still continuing to charge monthly direct debits despite the fact it is clear to everyone we will not be returning to Portman Road until September at the very earliest!

Now I know people will say I could have cancelled it but my laziness and optimism at the time lead to me not cancelling when I could have.

We have heard nothing from ME on his plans regarding refunding the costs, he has gone into absolute hiding!

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Season Ticket Payments on 11:04 - May 29 with 1560 viewsFixed_It

How can he say any more than he already has when things are still so uncertain?
I won't be wanting or expecting a refund by the way.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Season Ticket Payments on 11:07 - May 29 with 1553 viewsHerbivore

What was unclear about the position relating to season tickets at the time you renewed? It was all made pretty clear, I don't see why you feel a refund should be forthcoming.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Season Ticket Payments on 11:24 - May 29 with 1507 viewsPhilTWTD

They're not in a position to say anything beyond the statement from a month or so ago given the lack of clarity on what might happen with next season. Still going to be another week before a decision is made on this season so might be a bit of time yet!
Season Ticket Payments on 11:29 - May 29 with 1485 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Season Ticket Payments on 11:07 - May 29 by Herbivore

What was unclear about the position relating to season tickets at the time you renewed? It was all made pretty clear, I don't see why you feel a refund should be forthcoming.

As a non-season-ticket-holder I can understand this to some degree.

The product sold is no longer on offer. I could understand no compensation for losing one match when Bury went under, just as if a fixture was postponed part way through the match, you don't get charged extra for seeing part of a game that is then played at a later date.

However, a significant chunk of the season is now likely to go unseen and I think in the long run there should be some compensation to season ticket holders. However, what form that takes and when to do it is the trickier thing.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Season Ticket Payments on 11:36 - May 29 with 1467 viewsHerbivore

Season Ticket Payments on 11:29 - May 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

The product sold is no longer on offer. I could understand no compensation for losing one match when Bury went under, just as if a fixture was postponed part way through the match, you don't get charged extra for seeing part of a game that is then played at a later date.

However, a significant chunk of the season is now likely to go unseen and I think in the long run there should be some compensation to season ticket holders. However, what form that takes and when to do it is the trickier thing.

ME outlined all of this at the time renewals were taking place. It's likely that ST holders will be able to stream any behind closed doors games and when they can then attend again they will be a given a free ticket to compensate for each of the games that they couldn't attend live. I seem to recall free cup tickets being mentioned and some discounts on purchases as well. If people weren't happy with that offer, an offer that was made on the basis that it was unlikely fans would be able to attend initially, then they shouldn't have renewed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Season Ticket Payments on 11:50 - May 29 with 1432 viewsGuthrum

Presumably the payments being taken now are for the season ahead? So, assuming next season does happen in some form or other, albeit perhaps delayed, the ST you're paying for will be used then.

If next season does not happen at all, then I doubt football as we know it will still exist (neither will many of the clubs).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Season Ticket Payments on 11:52 - May 29 with 1421 viewsSitfcB

Did you miss all the news about it??

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Season Ticket Payments on 12:25 - May 29 with 1389 viewsPJH

Season Ticket Payments on 11:52 - May 29 by SitfcB

Did you miss all the news about it??

I can understand people wondering about possible refunds on any unplayed games for 2019/20 but there was ample opportunity for people NOT to renew for 2020/21 so now complaining about being charged if you did not cancel seems a bit strange.

I pay upfront anyway and have paid for 2020/21 and I am not interested in any possible refunds on that or the remainder of 201920-my few pounds can be added to all the money that Marcus Evans is apparently making out of ITFC.
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Payments on 12:36 - May 29 with 1362 viewsjonbull88

Season Ticket Payments on 11:36 - May 29 by Herbivore

ME outlined all of this at the time renewals were taking place. It's likely that ST holders will be able to stream any behind closed doors games and when they can then attend again they will be a given a free ticket to compensate for each of the games that they couldn't attend live. I seem to recall free cup tickets being mentioned and some discounts on purchases as well. If people weren't happy with that offer, an offer that was made on the basis that it was unlikely fans would be able to attend initially, then they shouldn't have renewed.

I think the pickle is they won’t play behind closed doors will they? If they would they’d do that for this season. As I said in a previous post I had to make a big decision as to wether to renew (which I have) as I don’t think we will set foot in the stadium for a long time, Maybe not till 21/22 season.

Yes Evans stated a few ways to compensate us ticket holders but for me it did annoy me as id much prefer they credit us for the following season as i believe that would be the easiest and fairest way tbh.

As I said earlier I don’t see how they can’t play behind closed doors now, but would be willing in September. And for me if they don’t play now they won’t ever so we might not see Ipswich play again for a long time.
Season Ticket Payments on 12:37 - May 29 with 1352 viewsJ2BLUE

ME can be criticised for many things but this isn't one of them. He gave a clear statement and has treated the fans very fairly.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Season Ticket Payments on 19:42 - May 29 with 1162 viewsFifeITFC

Season Ticket Payments on 11:29 - May 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

If you go on a basic business premise that ticket money goes primarily on player's wages, if a refund is given or demanded my season ticket holders, does the club then deduct players salaries to make ends meet? Does that mean clubs (plural) would be in breach of contracts as they might then struggle to pay wages?

Don't get me wrong, football has been run horribly and unsustainably for too long, and something like Covid-19 must serve as a wake up call for football clubs from a business point of view. If someone like Sky pulled the plug, or Covid-19 happened again, clubs have been living well beyond their means.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Season Ticket Payments on 19:57 - May 29 with 1134 viewsBlueNomad

There is so much concern about football clubs being threatened with extinction and asking for refunds seems a bit like ignoring the threat. I fully understand all the reasons for not renewing but we have lost the 19/20 season as a result of world shaking events. Let’s just accept it for what it is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024