Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy Smith has left Sunderland 15:55 - May 29 with 4955 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Didn't play a single minute for them.
Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 15:58 - May 29 with 4451 viewsLibero

COME HOME SMUDGE.
Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 17:15 - May 29 with 4288 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shows how useless he is if he can't get a game for Sunderland

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 17:57 - May 29 with 4210 viewsEnigma_Blue

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 17:15 - May 29 by Swansea_Blue

He would still be a step up on most of our centre backs.
Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 17:58 - May 29 with 4210 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He would be a good acquisition at this level.

Only 30, inevitable Woolfenden will leave so will add good balance to the left side.

Currently, we could end up with Chanber, Nsiala, Wilson.

No way Lambert will go after him after having clearly be against it 6 months ago.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 18:25 - May 29 with 4152 viewsBlueBadger

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 17:15 - May 29 by Swansea_Blue

He's no Toto Nsiala, that's for sure.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 18:34 - May 29 with 4131 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 17:57 - May 29 by Enigma_Blue

Always very overrated by large number of our fans. Painfully average and mistake-prone defender.

However, given how awful our defence is he'd still be a step up indeed particularly on PR calamity Chambers. A step up despite not having played a professional game of football since October.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 18:35]
Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 18:34 - May 29 with 4127 viewsSwansea_Blue

I was hoping for a woosh, but I don't think that counts. Nobody bit properly .

I always thought he was a cart horse and a weak link in what Mick was trying to do. But a no-nonsense, heart on his sleeve, good in the air in both boxes, cart horse, on his natural left foot, next to the more cultured Woolf could be just the job now. He could be the senior pro we need to stabilise the back now that Chambo is starting to run out of steam.

I'd have him back if he was willing.

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 18:50 - May 29 with 4075 viewsBluefish

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 18:34 - May 29 by Mach_foreignBlue

Always very overrated by large number of our fans. Painfully average and mistake-prone defender.

However, given how awful our defence is he'd still be a step up indeed particularly on PR calamity Chambers. A step up despite not having played a professional game of football since October.

Chambo is a club legend and walks into our team still. He should be given a testimonial so the fans can thank him. It would also be a great time to put him in the hall of fame with the other legends

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 19:00 - May 29 with 4060 viewsShawsey

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 18:50 - May 29 by Bluefish

Chambo is a club legend and walks into our team still. He should be given a testimonial so the fans can thank him. It would also be a great time to put him in the hall of fame with the other legends

Chambo has been an good player for our club. Don't know why so many knock him. I assume the Hall of Fame bit was a joke though.
Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 19:03 - May 29 with 4046 viewsSwansea_Blue

I wouldn't have given that an uppie if I'd seen the Chambers commnet. Agree entirely. He's the kind of player who if he'd have come through the academy people would be saying 'he bleeds blue and white'. Yet despite being here 8 years and having 355 appearances (more than Crawford, Butcher, Mariner, Whymark, Woods, Milton, Magilton, Holland, Beattie(!),Scowie, Brazil...), despite being played out of position for years by Mick but not complaining and getting on and doing the job, despite looking after the younger players in the squad, in some cases literally by welcoming them into his home, for some strange reason he gets pelters from some supposed fans.

He cares, he tries, he's a pretty good footballer and an excellent role model. He's also played in some pretty sh*ty teams under pretty sh*ty managers, so has been exposed horribly. I hate his aimless punts into the channels and don't think he's as good a footballer as some do, including Mick (ha, like I know more than Mick!). But he should be remembered as one of our best ever servants.

No, he's not Sergio Ramos, but if you want that then you're following the wrong team.

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 19:06 - May 29 with 4035 viewsMach_foreignBlue

PR Luke.

A 'legend' for presiding our decline.
Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 19:07 - May 29 with 4024 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 19:00 - May 29 by Shawsey

Chambo has been an good player for our club. Don't know why so many knock him. I assume the Hall of Fame bit was a joke though.

I don't see why not. He's had far more value around the place than people realise. He's not our best player, but he's been the senior pro and core of the club for several years. For services to the club, I'd nominate him.

I still don't like his aimless punts into the channels though.

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 19:30 - May 29 with 3983 viewsWestover

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 19:03 - May 29 by Swansea_Blue

I wouldn't have given that an uppie if I'd seen the Chambers commnet. Agree entirely. He's the kind of player who if he'd have come through the academy people would be saying 'he bleeds blue and white'. Yet despite being here 8 years and having 355 appearances (more than Crawford, Butcher, Mariner, Whymark, Woods, Milton, Magilton, Holland, Beattie(!),Scowie, Brazil...), despite being played out of position for years by Mick but not complaining and getting on and doing the job, despite looking after the younger players in the squad, in some cases literally by welcoming them into his home, for some strange reason he gets pelters from some supposed fans.

He cares, he tries, he's a pretty good footballer and an excellent role model. He's also played in some pretty sh*ty teams under pretty sh*ty managers, so has been exposed horribly. I hate his aimless punts into the channels and don't think he's as good a footballer as some do, including Mick (ha, like I know more than Mick!). But he should be remembered as one of our best ever servants.

No, he's not Sergio Ramos, but if you want that then you're following the wrong team.

Very good post spot on
Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 21:01 - May 29 with 3885 viewsBlueBadger

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 19:00 - May 29 by Shawsey

I suspect it's something to do with who made him captain..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 21:13 - May 29 with 3856 viewsFootballpete

I still believe the Chambers / Smith partnership in Mick’s first season was the foundation of us staying up. He went from suspect to immense within weeks when Mick first took over, which totally took me by surprise as I’d not rated up until then

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 21:25 - May 29 with 3821 viewsBlueBadger

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 19:06 - May 29 by Mach_foreignBlue

PR Luke.

A 'legend' for presiding our decline.

It's to Woolfie's fault, he's only come into the team the last two years or so.

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 22:11 - May 29 with 3756 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I don’t know whether he is a club legend, but I hope he will be remembered fondly for his time at the club.

He has had some highs at the club, and some lows.

No one can ever knock him in the slightest for the heart, passion, and love for the club, and it is a heck of a lot more than most than have been through this club in recent times.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland (n/t) on 22:19 - May 29 with 3739 viewsfloridablue

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 19:03 - May 29 by Swansea_Blue

good read.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 22:23]
Tommy Smith has left Sunderland (n/t) on 22:55 - May 29 with 3687 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland (n/t) on 22:19 - May 29 by floridablue

good read.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 22:23]

Bit more of a rant than a read, but thanks!

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 23:16 - May 29 with 3650 viewsPlums

I always felt sorry for him as he was consistency played on his least favoured side to accommodate Berra. This forced him to regularly have to play out with his weaker right foot which inevitably led to mistakes. He’s not perfect but boy could we do with his goal scoring never mind his defensive work.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 00:26 - May 30 with 3596 viewsmidastouch

How old is he now? Is he all clapped out after clocking up all those air miles playing for NZ? Seems like ages ago he played in the World Cup against Italy. If he can't get in the Sunderland or NZ team then Colchester might be a better fit than us. To be fair I haven't seen him play for ages so not sure if he could still do a job for us. There's obviously stiff competition with the likes of Toto and Donacien still kicking about the place!

I've actually got a bit of soft spot for Tommy as he scored the first goal in the first ever game I took my son to watch which was against Huddersfield. We were 2 up, the drums were banging on a glorious sunny Saturday afternoon. An overweight Grant Holt was getting plenty of abuse. We were going top of the league, what could possibly go wrong! Yet in true Ipswich fashion we threw it away and ended up drawing 2-2. And it's been downhill pretty much all the way since! COYB!!!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 03:27 - May 30 with 3504 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Our awful defence has the fifth best record in the league, and we’ve played more games than everybody other than Sunderland

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 08:48 - May 30 with 3384 viewsArnieM

If you like hoofball and CB who always allows the ball to bounce before trying to deal with it, and invariably hoofs it into row Xx , yip, Tommy’s yer man 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 10:46 - May 30 with 3303 viewsBryanPlug

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 19:07 - May 29 by Swansea_Blue

I don't see why not. He's had far more value around the place than people realise. He's not our best player, but he's been the senior pro and core of the club for several years. For services to the club, I'd nominate him.

I still don't like his aimless punts into the channels though.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 11:15 - May 30 with 3275 viewspointofblue

Tommy Smith has left Sunderland on 03:27 - May 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Our awful defence has the fifth best record in the league, and we’ve played more games than everybody other than Sunderland

Take away the nine goals from Lincoln and Peterborough and we’ve conceded 27 goals in 34 matches, which I think would be the best in the league. In general defence isn’t a problem - being a fluid attacking unit is.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024